Two Good Men

Proud Tiger

10 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Today is a day to recognize two good men. We all know it is a day set aside to recognize Martin L. King who dedicated himself to a cause he strongly believed in.......desegregation. Today is also the birthday of Robert E. Lee who dedicated himself to defend something he strongly believed in.....state's rights. I salute both men for staunchly standing on principles they believed in. I know from past discussions here not everyone agrees as far as REL is concerned. That's OK. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Mine are the same today as last year and will be the same forever,

No PT! You dis-honored the grace of General Lee. History reflects an embarrassing and horrible war. A needless war IMO.  Hopefully we never see that again. This day is not for two good men. It is in memory of Dr Kings efforts. Did they work? 

Oh, man. Almost missed the annual "MLK was great but don't forget about REL" thread. 

12 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

You are right, my bad. I had it wrong on my calendar. Actually I'm glad. Out of respect for my black friends I didn't fly my Confederate flag today as I usually do one day a year,,,,,,,REL's birthday. Now I will fly it on the 19th. Thanks for noting my mistake.

18 hours ago, alexava said:

REL wasn't fighting for what he believed in. He was fighting for the state of Virginia. If that state had been on the other side so would he. He made this clear. 

Spot on.

He actually, in a letter sent to his state practically begged them to not secede, and told them to give up all slaves (if it was asked of them by the union). History is filled with very talented men and women whose blind allegiance to something or someone caused them to be on the wrong side of events. He's one of Americas most popular.

1 hour ago, Mims44 said:

Man, someone called this thread a month or so ago.

I'm glad I was here to witness the rebirth of prophecy!

As long as PT has internet access, that wasn't exactly a hard call to foresee.

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

Wait....You mean to tell me that it wasn't even REL's birthday???? LMAO!!!!!

Woah, he got the month right. That's... something, right?

3 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

As long as PT has internet access, that wasn't exactly a hard call to foresee.

Nah man, pretty sure I read about this in revelations somewhere...

Man....every year the same bull and it's not even his birthday.....year after year the same bait.....do you guys not see how funny this is??? 

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Man....every year the came bull and it's not even his birthday.....year after year the same bait.....do you guys not see how funny this is???

Yep. 

Lol all this arguing about how much respect you have for him, and how he's as great of a man as you know  and all these years you've NEVER had the right date. I'm pretty sure he told a story about how he's not the only person celebrating and people around him does so as well.....so these other people were wrong as well?????

Archived