2017 4* OL Kai-Leon Herbert (Michigan)

War to the Eagle

So it sounds like we impressed him during his visit this past weekend.  What on offensive line class we would have if we pulled him in!  And think about how well we've recruited in the trenches on both sides of the ball in the last two years.  Kudos to the staff.

I bet the answer is both. Troxall is seen as a guy that could play inside or outside. If you give me two of those plus one clear OT (Ashley) and one C/G (Brahms), that's a really balanced class.

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I know he is a tackle in HS but are we looking at him as tackle or guard.

Mixed reports.

10 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

So it sounds like we impressed him during his visit this past weekend.  What on offensive line class we would have if we pulled him in!  And think about how well we've recruited in the trenches on both sides of the ball in the last two years.  Kudos to the staff.

Yeah this would be a good one.. maybe it's the way the season went or the recruiting class but this year seems like there hasn't been much to get excited about in recruiting. The offensive line has been made a priority it seems.  Would love to pull one from Harbaugh. 

(Outside of Stidham)

He should be ours if U and UF are full at OL.  I'm not of opinion that we need another OL in this class but you can't turn down a player like Herbert.

5 hours ago, autan said:

He should be ours if U and UF are full at OL.  I'm not of opinion that we need another OL in this class but you can't turn down a player like Herbert.

They're not. It's a UF-UM battle & maybe AU too. Just not sure if he's a take or not.

33 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

I was just wondering how serious we are in this battle for Herbert.

Mixed reports.

52 minutes ago, FASTCOMPANY said:

Just de-committed from Michigan after his Miami visit. Are we a legitimate candidate for this guy? Is he a "take"?

1. Yes. 2. Possibly but has not been reported 1 way or another.

Update from SECCountry

4-star OL Kai-Leon Herbert

Herbert de-committed from Michigan on Sunday. At the time, it seemed like good news for Auburn, Florida and Miami — the three schools in it to flip Herbert.

Auburn OL target Kai-Leon Herbert (Benjamin Wolk/SEC Country)
Auburn OL target Kai-Leon Herbert (Benjamin Wolk/SEC Country)

A source close to Herbert told SEC Country on Monday that Auburn is no longer in consideration for Herbert despite how impressed he was by the Tigers on his official visit. It has more to do with the fact that Herbert, from Fort Lauderdale (Fla.), wants to stay in-state. It will be a Miami-Florida fight to the finish.

The Hurricanes hosted Herbert last weekend. The Gators get him this weekend. Florida has been the logical trend for a while, though as Herbert said last weekend, the offensive line coach confusion could play a role.

Either way, it looks like Auburn is out. If the Tigers can’t score an in-home visit with Herbert this week, an offer could go out to Poutasi Poutasi or another unknown offensive line candidate.

5 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Will we offer another O-Line or are we done since we did not get him?

Poutasi Poutasi??

5 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Will we offer another O-Line or are we done since we did not get him?

Been trying to get a 4th OL for months so I don't see that changing.

Archived