Paul Rhoads is the new Arky DC.

GwillMac6

He is now number 1 on JJ's shortlist for replacements of Gus down the road.

12 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

He is now number 1 on JJ's shortlist for replacements of Gus down the road.

I know you're kidding but seriously stop...What if JJ sees this? Can't be putting ideas like this into his head. 

Pretty much expected. Some fans are upset that we're promoting anyone that had to do with our defense last year, but Rhoads seems to be a better recruiter and more intense than Smith was.

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Good move by Arky, big upgrade. Rhoads is a good coach.

Rhoads did a great job with our defense in 2008 when our offense that year made this year's look like one of the old San Diego Charger/St. Louis Rams offenses. Good hire for them.

The JJ will hire [former assistant] and Gus will hire [former player] jokes will never get old to me. They both deserve the ribbing they get for it. If they don't want to be made fun of in this manner then don't make such hires in the first place.

The Gus ones are funnier though because you can get much more creative with them

3 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Great DC coach. Did one hell of a job at AU considering who he worked for. Great guy also. 

was he the coach he rode to work on his scooter?

The kind of guy who proves you can't just look at one season.  Has bounced around and had checkered history at Iowa State after Chiz..but apparently a good guy.

1 hour ago, aufan57 said:

Nope, David Gibbs was DC in 2005.

Funny enough that was one of our least dominant defenses in the Tubs era...was he given the Rhett treatment? He was only here for a year

11 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

But was it suggested to him to look for work elsewhere, like in Rhett's case? Nobody in the media says that about Rhett but it's pretty widely accepted on here that he was nudged out. There was a poster in that old thread you linked that mentioned this same sentiment. It doesn't matter anymore a decade later but I was just thinking out loud.

Just now, Tiger said:

But was it suggested to him to look for work elsewhere, like in Rhett's case? Nobody in the media says that about Rhett but it's pretty widely accepted on here that he was nudged out. There was a poster in that old thread you linked that mentioned this same sentiment. It doesn't matter anymore a decade later but I was just thinking out loud.

I would guess Tuberville and Gibbs came to an understanding. We did upgrade our DC. Hopefully we can do the same with our OC hire.

Good defensive coach, I enjoyed his "go to work" attitude he gave our defense in 2008.    cant blame a guy for failing at Iowa state  how many coaches are successes there. 

8 hours ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Clemson's CoDC just got Jags DC job...wow

Wow... the same CoDC that got 13 points scored on his team by the worst offensive game plan in the history of college football?  He must interview REALLY well.

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 11:20 AM, gr82be said:

I know you're kidding but seriously stop...What if JJ sees this? Can't be putting ideas like this into his head. 

Are you talking about Brett or Paul?

45 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Are you talking about Brett or Paul?

Paul because of Jacob's history with Chizik and Malzahn. 

Archived