Auburn Players In East-West Shrine Game

aufan57

6 hours ago, Altima said:

Good for Tony...  not surprising, he had all the measurables to be really good.

This is on point. What happened at AU?? Was it offense? System? Qb?? A combination? Good luck to him and Kozan 

29 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

This is on point. What happened at AU?? Was it offense? System? Qb?? A combination? Good luck to him and Kozan 

Inconsistency?

12 hours ago, AUMASTERS said:
13 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Inconsistency?

There you go.  He actually had good numbers this year, but was also close to a lock to drop a key pass once a game. All of our receivers numbers tumbled once Sean went down.

Name: Tony Stevens

School: Auburn

Ht:

Wt:

Mon:  Fastest receiver on the East.  Has a terrific burst which he turns on in a step and can outrun defenders.  Pass catching was up and down.

Tues:  I need to break Stevens down in two sections; drills and scrimmage.  He looked fantastic in drills and could not be stopped.  He was quick, fast, separated in underneath coverage or beat defenders downfield and caught the ball well.  Scrimmage was another story.  Stevens seemed to shy away from contact and on one play looked like he wanted no part of the action despite the ball being thrown in his direction.

Wed:

Analysis:

http://draftanalyst.com/shrine-practice-east-team-page

Name: Alex Kozan

School: Auburn

Ht:

Wt:

Mon: Kozan displayed a good pad level throughout the day, constantly staying low throughout drills. He set a good base in his pass sets and had quick feet. However, when run blocking, he took lengthier steps and sometimes found himself off balance.

Tues: Kozan had a good strong base in his pass sets and was able to display a strong upper body, with good extension when engaged. When pulling, Kozan reached his destination faster than expected and moved efficiently in footwork drills. His hands were a little slow and needs some improvement in his hand technique.

Wed:

Analysis:

39 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

Stevens seemed to shy away from contact and on one play looked like he wanted no part of the action despite the ball being thrown in his direction.

I wonder if the time he's spent on the sidelines, injured, have made him a little gun shy...

11 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I wonder if the time he's spent on the sidelines, injured, have made him a little gun shy...

He was shy before then

16 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

He just had bricks of hands sometimes 

6 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

He just had bricks of hands sometimes 

Yeah, but that was the QBs fault, remember?

The make pretend sw is a victim thing is just the funniest thing to me.....the people that critique everybody else the hardest have the audacity to go on some poor sw tangent and it's funny. 

It reminds me of the line in remember the titans (I think?) The coach says he's mean as hell, but he's that same guy with all the players....on this board? Not so much....

So far the scouting report on Stevens matches what we saw on the field. Good size, Good to great speed, runs pretty good routes pass catching is up and down. I saw him make some great catches and also miss some he should have easily caught. Even the greatest receivers drop one that should have been an easy catch, the difference is how many of those drops you have. Tony had to many but he was still one of our better receivers.

I believe he has the skills to be a Pro receiver the question is can he do it on a consistent basis.

The guy had like four drops mid season. His numbers plummeted after along with his targets but it wasn't because of his bricks for hands.

Wednesday Practice Analyst for Tony Stevens

Wed:  Stevens again looked good in drills then made several receptions in full scrimmage, albeit in the short field.  He was scolded by a coach for night fighting back to the inside on a wayward pass.  In this instance Stevens jogged out the route.

Wednesday Practice Analyst for Alex Kozan

Wed: Kozan did not fare as well as the past two days. During the team period, when pulling, he took a poor angle and had some trouble changing direction. He also made a few mental mistakes, including getting flagged for a false start. His pass set is low and strong and he has a powerful punch.

Interesting reports....hope they do well...no surprises....good prospects for future development.

Archived