doc's dog discussion

doc4aday

I need some good news fellows. Today will be the day that the vet comes to our home and lays my little Corgibelle to rest. She is hanging by a very slim thread. The vet was supposed to do this yesterday, but it was so foggy in the mountains that it was unsafe to make the drive up to our mountain home. She will forever be "War Damn Corgi" I will have her collar and leash placed beside her. It was so funny to see how guarded she was with her Auburn Collar. I came close to being bitten several times when I took it off to bathe her. One time she broke the skin! I went to the other room and laughed for a good while. She is Auburn through and through!

3 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I need some good news fellows. Today will be the day that the vet comes to our home and lays my little Corgibelle to rest. She is hanging by a very slim thread. The vet was supposed to do this yesterday, but it was so foggy in the mountains that it was unsafe to make the drive up to our mountain home. She will forever be "War Damn Corgi" I will have her collar and leash placed beside her. It was so funny to see how guarded she was with her Auburn Collar. I came close to being bitten several times when I took it off to bathe her. One time she broke the skin! I went to the other room and laughed for a good while. She is Auburn through and through!

Doc, I am confident there is a place in heaven for Dogs. They are a true blessing and love unconditionally. Sorry for your loss.

32 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Doc, I lost my Corgi Zoe Belle 2 yrs ago. Best dog I ever had. So smart. So loving. God Bless Buddy. 

35 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Sorry to hear it Doc... Very little in this world that is harder than saying goodbye to a pet. 

48 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Here is a story I always share with people who lose their dogs.  I worked in a veterinary hospital to help pay for Auburn so I saw these situations everyday.  I had to hold my Westie when she passed as well.  I was the first person she ever saw, and the last.  It is never goodbye, but see your soon.  I hope this helps bring peace:

Being a veterinarian, I had been called to examine a ten-year-old Irish Wolf hound named Belker. The dog's owners, Ron, his wife Lisa, and their little boy Shane, were all very attached to Belker, and they were hoping for a miracle.

I examined Belker and found he was dying of cancer. I told the family we couldn't do anything for Belker, and offered to perform the euthanasia procedure for the old dog in their home.

As we made arrangements, Ron and Lisa told me they thought it would be good for six-year-old Shane to observe the procedure. They felt as though Shane might learn something from the experience.

The next day, I felt the familiar catch in my throat as Belker's family surrounded him. Shane seemed so calm, petting the old dog for the last time, that I wondered if he understood what was going on. Within a few minutes, Belker slipped peacefully away.

The little boy seemed to accept Belker's transition without any difficulty or confusion. We sat together for a while after Belker's Death, wondering aloud about the sad fact that animal lives are shorter than human lives. Shane, who had been listening quietly, piped up, 'I know why.'

Startled, we all turned to him. What came out of his mouth next stunned me. I'd never heard a more comforting explanation.

He said, 'People are born so that they can learn how to live a good Life - - like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?' The Six-year-old continued, 'Well, dogs already know how to do that, so they don't have to stay as long.'

Sorry to hear about your dog Doc. We had to put our 10 year old Yorkie, Sugar, down last Jan 3 due to cancer. I still cry and miss that dog to this day. I still have her old brother Mac (he is going on 13 and just as spry and healthy as ever) and a new Yorkie pup named Cosmo. It is hard losing a furbaby but I wholeheartedly believe in the Rainbow Bridge and know that I feel your loss :(

i had to put a chocolate lab pup down. probably about 8 months old but i had for two weeks. someone dropped off near a friends house already sick.still cried like a baby and i didnt stay to witness it. 

Archived