Bill Clinton's 'win' with only 43% of the vote is less legitimate than Trump's ...

AURaptor

and yet, there were no wide spread, massive  appeals to boycott HIS Inauguration, or rallies by the Right to close down businesses, schools,  streets and cities. 

When the Left is defeated in a Presidential election, they will scream, whine, wail, gnash their teeth and erupt w/ the most inane, empty claims and cries of bigotry, fascism, racism, homophobia, .... no matter WHO it is from the Right that wins.

Because that is all the Left has to offer. They are void of any substance, and filled with only fear mongering, hatred, vitriol and division. 

You'd think that after 40 years of seeing this routine over and over, ( going back to Nixon ) that the Press would have clued in by now, only 1 problem. THEY are the ones whining, wailing, and gnashing their teeth as well !! 

:roflol: 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1992:  Popular vote:  Clinton=43%, Bush=37%, Perot= 19%, other=1%              Electoral College vote: Clinton=370 (69%), Bush=168 (31%)

1996:  Popular vote: Clinton=49%, Dole=41%, Perot=8%, other=2%                   Electoral College vote: Clinton=379 (70%), Dole=159 (30%)

Source: http://clinton.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=004025 

2016:  Popular Vote:  ClInton=48%, Trump=46%, other=6%                                Electoral college results: Trump=304 (57%), Clinton=227 (42%)

Source: http://uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/national.php

In both '92 and '96, Clinton garnered more popular votes than anyone, doubled the Electoral vote count of his rival, and no one, including top U.S. intelligence, suggested that Russia played any substantial role.  In 2016, Trump couldn't even get a plurality of the popular vote,  got only 15% more of the Electoral College, and there was significant Russian intrusion into our election process according to U.S. intelligence agencies.

Personally, I don't challenge Trump's legitimacy even though I voted against him.  I accept the Electoral College vote as counted in Congress.  I also understand that the question of whether Russian interference actually affected public attitudes or election outcome is an unsettled question that probably won't be proven either way, yes or no.  I don't know if or how Russian efforts actually affected the results.  I'm angry at Russia simply for trying! :angry:

But I can see why others might see Trump's victory as more questionable than either of Bill Clinton's.  Bill had popular vote pluralities, Electoral College landslides, and no significant suspicion of outside interference.

As for your last three paragraphs:  I of course disagree with all of your characterizations of the Left and the Press, but I suspect that you suspected as much. :)   However, as they are all opinions, I recognize and respect your right to hold them.

No one can seriously disagree about the Press and the Left. it's been overly documented to the point of silliness. They're biased. 

But a couple of points. I chose Clinton, and not Obama, as a comparison because of his 43% of the vote, which is about as valid a point as Trump not winning the " popular " vote. As you pointed out, he won a plurality of popular votes , but it's the ELECTORAL COLLEGE votes which matter. 

Also,  there's zero credible evidence, even from the US intelligence, that has been presented that shows Trump benefited at all from Russian influence. Nothing describing how, when or why... just ' Russians ! '. I find that in and of itself to be extremely disturbing, because if you've got no evidence. you cannot make the claim. 

Also, who ever it was that hacked the DNC / Podesta, only showed the Americans who the Dems are. THAT's the crime ??? Democrats being themselves is sooo unfair and cast the election into chaos ? :roflol: 

Finally , when Rep. John Lewis lied about boycotting the Trump inauguration, we came find out he gave THE EXACT SAME EXCUSE as he did when he boycotted Bush43's 1st Inauguration !!  See a pattern here ? No matter what, the Left loses, they're going to lie. They're going to lie, belittle, disparage and mock who ever wins, no matter what.  

So, why does the Left get away with all this fake, astro turfed , phony protesting when ever THEY lose, but the mean, intolerant, bigoted, fascist Right NEVER returns the favor ???  

4 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

No one can seriously disagree about the Press and the Left. it's been overly documented to the point of silliness. They're biased. 

But a couple of points. I chose Clinton, and not Obama, as a comparison because of his 43% of the vote, which is about as valid a point as Trump not winning the " popular " vote. As you pointed out, he won a plurality of popular votes , but it's the ELECTORAL COLLEGE votes which matter. 

Also,  there's zero credible evidence, even from the US intelligence, that has been presented that shows Trump benefited at all from Russian influence. Nothing describing how, when or why... just ' Russians ! '. I find that in and of itself to be extremely disturbing, because if you've got no evidence. you cannot make the claim. 

Also, who ever it was that hacked the DNC / Podesta, only showed the Americans who the Dems are. THAT's the crime ??? Democrats being themselves is sooo unfair and cast the election into chaos ? :roflol: 

Finally , when Rep. John Lewis lied about boycotting the Trump inauguration, we came find out he gave THE EXACT SAME EXCUSE as he did when he boycotted Bush43's 1st Inauguration !!  See a pattern here ? No matter what, the Left loses, they're going to lie. They're going to lie, belittle, disparage and mock who ever wins, and no matter what.  

Why are you so worked up over Lewis?

Biggest preemptive whiner ever:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-trump-election-legitimacy-20161015-story,amp.html?client=safari

You're all in a lather over defending this guy's honor against a congressman:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/15/politics/donald-trump-obama-birther-united-states/

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

What Trump was talking about and what the snowflakes on the Left are talking about aren't the same thing. 

But as for Lewis, for starters, he lied. Further, he's a sitting US Rep. who is impugning the legitimacy of a duly elected President. Not merely some private citizen.  Thirdly, he's made an accusation which is tantamount to treason ( that being some how Trump colluded w/ a foreign power ) to some how steal the election away from Hillary.  He's made no formal legal claims as such, but is doing so in the court of public opinion.  That is reprehensible, for anyone to do. 

Better question might be, why AREN'T you worked up over what Lewis has done ? 

10 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

What Trump was talking about and what the snowflakes on the Left are talking about aren't the same thing. 

But as for Lewis, for starters, he lied. Further, he's a sitting US Rep. who is impugning the legitimacy of a duly elected President. Not merely some private citizen.  Thirdly, he's made an accusation which is tantamount to treason ( that being some how Trump colluded w/ a foreign power ) to some how steal the election away from Hillary.  He's made no formal legal claims as such, but is doing so in the court of public opinion.  That is reprehensible, for anyone to do. 

Better question might be, why AREN'T you worked up over what Lewis has done ? 

If I were Trump, I would have ignored it so why should I be worked up as Joe Citizen? Think of all the crap Obama and Dubya had to ignore/endure on a daily basis. Baby Donnie needs to man up.

Just now, TexasTiger said:

If I were Trump, I would have ignored it so why should I be worked up as Joe Citizen? Think of all the crap Obama and Dubya had to ignore/endure on a daily basis. Baby Donnie needs to man up.

Bush and Turdblossom made it a habit of NOT responding to criticism, and see how well that worked out.  Even Dana Perino says there should have been some push back. 

Not to the antics level of Trump, though. I fully agree. He responds far too often. Had all he done is made the one tweet about  wishing Lewis would help him with inner cities, and not made the crack about the 5th district ( which Trump was nearly entirely wrong about ) , he'd have won the day. However, he didn't', so he doesn't. 

But the point is, the Right virtually never protests.  And when it does, they go out of their way to at least TRY to be civil and pick up after themselves. I fear.. ? No... I suspect, if things go anywhere near like what the Left claims they are planning for Trump's I - Day, you'll see a more Trumpster rally like response, and nothing like the family friendly TEA party displays. Which the msm intentionally tried to paint as far worse than they actually were, as they mostly focused on fringe nuts and planted , fake protesters. 

1 hour ago, AURaptor said:

Bush and Turdblossom made it a habit of NOT responding to criticism, and see how well that worked out.  Even Dana Perino says there should have been some push back. 

Not to the antics level of Trump, though. I fully agree. He responds far too often. Had all he done is made the one tweet about  wishing Lewis would help him with inner cities, and not made the crack about the 5th district ( which Trump was nearly entirely wrong about ) , he'd have won the day. However, he didn't', so he doesn't. 

But the point is, the Right virtually never protests.  And when it does, they go out of their way to at least TRY to be civil and pick up after themselves. I fear.. ? No... I suspect, if things go anywhere near like what the Left claims they are planning for Trump's I - Day, you'll see a more Trumpster rally like response, and nothing like the family friendly TEA party displays. Which the msm intentionally tried to paint as far worse than they actually were, as they mostly focused on fringe nuts and planted , fake protesters. 

The right virtually never protests? LOL

Most Dems are sitting out the inauguration because he insulted Lewis. You can defend yourself without the personal insults. Dispute the claim. This ain't hard for adults.

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

Most Dems are sitting out the inauguration because he insulted Lewis.

What a complete load of dog squeeze !!! They're skipping it for the same damn reason Lewis is !  No, NOT because he was insulted, but for the REAL reason - Political grandstanding !! These tender snowflakes lost, they can't stand it, and they're putting on a huge beach and moan fest so they ' rally the troops' and get more $ for their campaign coffers. No other reason. 

8 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

What a complete load of dog squeeze !!! They're skipping it for the same damn reason Lewis is !  No, NOT because he was insulted, but for the REAL reason - Political grandstanding !! These tender snowflakes lost, they can't stand it, and they're putting on a huge beach and moan fest so they ' rally the troops' and get more $ for their campaign coffers. No other reason. 

Your rich fantasy life on display:

"Dozens of Democratic members of Congress have announced they will skip Donald Trump's Friday inauguration. While some of the 55 made their decision in previous weeks, many more have come forward in recent days, citing the president-elect's perceived insult of Rep. John Lewis as the final straw."

https://www.google.com/amp/abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/50-democratic-congress-members-planning-skip-inauguration/story%3Fid%3D44783997?client=safari

Your rich fantasy life on display:

"Dozens of Democratic members of Congress have announced they will skip Donald Trump's Friday inauguration. While some of the 55 made their decision in previous weeks, many more have come forward in recent days, citing the president-elect's perceived insult of Rep. John Lewis as the final straw."

https://www.google.com/amp/abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/50-democratic-congress-members-planning-skip-inauguration/story%3Fid%3D44783997?client=safari

Thanks for proving my point, genius. What was the " final straw " before the alleged " insult " ? 

Was it because he was " illegitimately " elected ? Because he wasn't.  You're trying to push ( I won't even insult you by claiming you buy this crap ) the narrative that , while a group had ALREADY planned to boycott , the audacity of actually taking to twitter to defend himself against a lying Rep. Lewis was " the final straw " ! 

Pure bovine scatology.  It's nothing less than grandstanding and fundraising, 100%. 

2 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

Thanks for proving my point, genius. What was the " final straw " before the alleged " insult " ? 

Was it because he was " illegitimately " elected ? Because he wasn't.  You're trying to push ( I won't even insult you by claiming you buy this crap ) the narrative that , while a group had ALREADY planned to boycott , the audacity of actually taking to twitter to defend himself against a lying Rep. Lewis was " the final straw " ! 

Pure bovine scatology.  It's nothing less than grandstanding and fundraising, 100%. 

I haven't heard many make the illegitimate comment. I've heard folks say they don't want to normalize this guy. Makes sense to me.

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I haven't heard many make the illegitimate comment. I've heard folks say they don't want to normalize this guy. Makes sense to me.

Different sides of the same coin, Watson. 

19 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

Different sides of the same coin, Watson. 

Nope. Election legitimate, winning candidate disgraceful. Given your personal qualities you may not have noticed.

7 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Nope. Election legitimate, winning candidate disgraceful. Given your personal qualities you may not have noticed.

Not up to them to determine. The election process is the arbiter, not their partisan grand standing. 

3 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Totalitarian 

How many Republicans boycotted a Leftist Marxist in Barack Hussein Obama ? 

Totalitarian ? 

Blow it out your corn hole, Texas. 

2 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

Totalitarian ? 

Blow it out your corn hole, Texas. 

Marxist? Thankfully I don't inhabit your delusions.

6 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Marxist? Thankfully I don't inhabit your delusions.

obama-che-cuba_zpsgtcdt98t.jpg

obamakremlin.jpg

Yeah...that's just crazy talk 

Insane

Ignoring his parents, his mentors & his own words... 

talk about being willfully ignorant! 

My dogs better than your dog?  

The only information that can be gleaned from this thread is, that Raptor is the most childish, simplistic, misinformed, indoctrinated of the true believers.

9 hours ago, AURaptor said:

Totalitarian ? 

To make this comparison work, wouldn't the Dems need to be boycotting Trump because he's a fervent capitalist?  

Do you think capitalism is the reason for any of these boycotts?

Archived