Tuberville

Auhud08

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Auhud08 said:

Tubbs was in AU last night for the basketball game (AU won). Any chance he joins this staff as a recruiter or analyst?

I hope this is satire.

4 minutes ago, Auhud08 said:

Tubbs was in AU last night for the basketball game (AU won). Any chance he joins this staff as a recruiter or analyst?

I could see defensive analyst, but I'm not sure TT loves recruiting. 

4 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

If I were a gambling man, I would bet on Tuberville doing TV work this fall, on one of the College Football Shows.

Somebody find the man a Riverboat

Not satire. I think he could help steele as an extra set of eyes and malzahn as a fellow head coach. 

Everyone may not like him, but the guy was/is successful. And i think auburn means something to him since if was the pinnacle of his success. We would be dumb not to use him. 

Just now, Auhud08 said:

Not satire. I think he could help steele as an extra set of eyes and malzahn as a fellow head coach. 

Everyone may not like him, but the guy was/is successful. And i think auburn means something to him since if was the pinnacle of his success. We would be dumb not to use him. 

It's never a bad idea to have someone around who might have a good idea to share, and your right, Auburn does mean something to him and I would not be surprised at all to see him live there. The question is, does Auburn have money budgeted to pay someone for something like that and, if so, is it enough to make it worth it to him, but not so much that it's not worth it to us.

3 minutes ago, Auhud08 said:

Recruiting analyst or something

That's what we all do. I am sure most of us, but myself for sure would be better at it than tubs. We don't need him for anything. 

3 minutes ago, alexava said:
8 minutes ago, Auhud08 said:

Recruiting analyst or something

That's what we all do. I am sure most of us, but myself for sure would be better at it than tubs. We don't need him for anything. 

In Auhud's defense, Tubbs did have a knack for finding the diamond in the rough... of course, he also had a knack for finding the guy who wouldn't qualify... 

Thats what im talking ab. Mcgriff did the same thing. He had an eye for the three star that could be great. We'll need someone who can do that since he left

11 minutes ago, Auhud08 said:

Alright, you are the CEO of a company.  Your lack of productivity has come under fire the last few years, and some people are questioning your competence.  Do you think hiring a recently unemployed predecessor to help you is a wise move?  Will you trust each other?  Yes, that is a drastic oversimplification, but I think you can see the point.  Auburn does not need more "Auburn people", and we definitely do not need to be handing out charity jobs to find a use for our former head coaches.  There are better people that could be hired to do any job we could hire Tuberville to do, and likely for less money.

I know people love Tuberville for 2004 and his streak over Alabama, and I get that.  However, he produced one great season, one good season, and a bunch of mediocre seasons in a far less competitive SEC West.  He is not a coaching legend that was carried off the field to greener pastures.  According to most accounts, Gus and Steve Spurrier are friends.  I would rather Gus get advice from Spurrier than Tuberville.

6 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

Alright, you are the CEO of a company.  Your lack of productivity has come under fire the last few years, and some people are questioning your competence.  Do you think hiring a recently unemployed predecessor to help you is a wise move?  Will you trust each other?  Yes, that is a drastic oversimplification, but I think you can see the point.  Auburn does not need more "Auburn people", and we definitely do not need to be handing out charity jobs to find a use for our former head coaches.  There are better people that could be hired to do any job we could hire Tuberville to do, and likely for less money.

I know people love Tuberville for 2004 and his streak over Alabama, and I get that.  However, he produced one great season, one good season, and a bunch of mediocre seasons in a far less competitive SEC West.  He is not a coaching legend that was carried off the field to greener pastures.  According to most accounts, Gus and Steve Spurrier are friends.  I would rather Gus get advice from Spurrier than Tuberville.

At the same time... if the unemployed predecessor is willing to do so for around $40k (which is apparently what some of bama's analysts make)... it couldn't hurt.

I totally agree that I'd rather have Spurrier giving advice, but he wouldn't take the job.

Im the CEO of a company. The former and also successful CEO is absolutely someone i will be calling. In fact many former CEOs remain on boards at their companies. And many CEOs have a bad year or two and move on or get told to move on. That doesnt mean they dont hold a wealth of information for to use.

I didnt mean to paint the picture of him being an "Auburn man", but rather he loves Auburn and i think would be willing to help on the cheap. Also all these folks that are available to hired for a low price- where are they? Where are these other former SEC head coaches just waiting to be hired?

And Spurrier?! Youd want spurrier to advise Auburn- and you think spurrier would advise auburn? We'd have to pay him a boatload to be hired. 

Why would Auburn all of a sudden decide to hire advisers, analysts, consultants, off-the-field folks?  

Gus won't even allow his own QBs to seek training and advice from an outsider during the off-season.

No one was discussing this option last year while our HC/OC and offense floundered in the sea and ended up in the bottom of the division.  Now this is suddenly a topic of discussion, why?

1 minute ago, keesler said:

Why would Auburn all of a sudden decide to hire advisers, analysts, consultants, off-the-field folks?  

Gus won't even allow his own QBs to seek training and advice from an outsider during the off-season.

No one was discussing this option last year while our HC/OC and offense floundered in the sea and ended up in the bottom of the division.  Now this is suddenly a topic of discussion, why?

Because bama is doing it.......

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

It's never a bad idea to have someone around who might have a good idea to share, and your right, Auburn does mean something to him and I would not be surprised at all to see him live there. The question is, does Auburn have money budgeted to pay someone for something like that and, if so, is it enough to make it worth it to him, but not so much that it's not worth it to us.

This is the point. We need to make money available. You see this going on over at uat. There is no steadfast rule about off field coaches so go hire the best you an. Take ever advantage money will get you. If we want to contend with the OSU and Michigan and uat we are going to have to take the advantages that they do. Hire extra S&C folks, sports doctors, computer experts. Extra folks to analyze film. Heck hire a team just to watch and every team we play. n case you haven't noticed this has become a big business, you either anne up or go home. WDE

13 minutes ago, Auhud08 said:

Im the CEO of a company. The former and also successful CEO is absolutely someone i will be calling. In fact many former CEOs remain on boards at their companies. And many CEOs have a bad year or two and move on or get told to move on. That doesnt mean they dont hold a wealth of information for to use.

I didnt mean to paint the picture of him being an "Auburn man", but rather he loves Auburn and i think would be willing to help on the cheap. Also all these folks that are available to hired for a low price- where are they? Where are these other former SEC head coaches just waiting to be hired?

And Spurrier?! Youd want spurrier to advise Auburn- and you think spurrier would advise auburn? We'd have to pay him a boatload to be hired. 

In this case, the former CEO was not successful, and plenty of people were not upset to see him go.  One perfect season does not make you successful.  Ask Gene Chizik about that.

Why would he be willing to help on the cheap?  He is not broke and desperate.  At one point, the Auburn administration tried to broker a deal for his replacement before firing him.  They got shamed for it, but neither party forgot about that.  He might like Auburn University and the city of Auburn just fine, but I doubt he has much love for the administration.  Ultimately, this is a place that he spent a decade of his life, where he is welcomed because he beat Alabama six times.  He would get no such reception by Ole Miss, Texas Tech, or Cincinnati.

51 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

At the same time... if the unemployed predecessor is willing to do so for around $40k (which is apparently what some of bama's analysts make)... it couldn't hurt.

I totally agree that I'd rather have Spurrier giving advice, but he wouldn't take the job.

$40k would just be insulting, as I do assume the man does have at least some pride left.  I do not think Spurrier would take such a job either.  However, being Gus' friend means Gus can probably get better advice than Tuberville has, and likely for free.

39 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Because bama is doing it.......

At least it is not a proposal for Tuberville as AD.

2 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

$40k would just be insulting, as I do assume the man does have at least some pride left.  I do not think Spurrier would take such a job either.  However, being Gus' friend means Gus can probably get better advice than Tuberville has, and likely for free.

$40k is good money for a retirement job... I can't believe some of the folks at bama are working for that when they were making 10 times that and aren't near retirement.

3 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

At least it is not a proposal for Tuberville as AD.

Oh hell no... but I do REALLY like the idea of Bo as AD. The man knows how to run a successful business, bleeds orange and blue, and who is going to say "no" to Bo Jackson.

Tubs still has property in the area.  I think this is where he wanted to "settle down" at.  But need those few extra millions to be able to make through life.  He may be in the area to stay now and serious doubt he's interested in working much more.  Maybe if he had some cush job like Dye had like special assistant to the President or something but I think he and the PTB's didn't really see eye to eye

Archived