Women vs. Tennessee

WarTiger

On 1/20/2017 at 5:10 PM, WarTiger said:

It amazes me how many here think they know more about the game than our coaches do. 

:thumbsup:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I absolutely love Coach Flo, yes she's isnt out recruiting the big dogs in women's basketball but you know what she is doing ? Leading her team to a 2nd straight appearance in the big dance .

That right there helps greatly with recruiting. These kids want to play on the big stage , that coupled with the wonderful appeal of Auburn University with put Terri in a wonderful position to coutinue to bulid a successful program .

3 hours ago, Timeslider 6 said:

I'm glad the AD has given her the time to build the program the way it needs to be build. At least that is my perception. 

People are more patient with a program like WBB, since the vast majority of them sadly don't care or know about the team.

2 minutes ago, jared52 said:

People are more patient with a program like WBB, since the vast majority of them sadly don't care or know about the team.

Unlike with football, guess most AU fans don't measure their self-worth by the W-L record of the women's basketball team.   :)

Which is good for Flo...and her players.

On 1/20/2017 at 6:10 PM, WarTiger said:

This doesn't even include Justice Wright 6'4" center that is sitting out this year after transferring to Auburn in the fall.    We may lack a little in size down low but we make up for it with the press and the success we have off of it.  With the players we have coming in next year and Wright being available, we'll definitely have the size.  It's pretty clear to me that she has been recruiting post players, and that class is evidence of it.    It amazes me how many here think they know more about the game than our coaches do. 

You don't have to "know more" to have a very valid and educated opinion.  Nell Fortner and Andy Landers happen to have the same opinion when it comes to the need to recruit size at that position.  Provided that we continue to improve, I continue to support this staff.  However, if we don't continue to improve, I won't.  Nobody deserves to be paid a half million bucks a year to produce an average product.  Auburn isn't Mercer or Stanford or Troy. In comparison, we have unlimited resources and a tradition upon which to build.

On 1/22/2017 at 2:17 PM, Timeslider 6 said:

Coach Flo seems like a good person and has the women's program going in the right direction with no problems from the players. Good job Coach Flo!!!!!

Am I missing something?  When has the women's program had problems in the past?  Terri is a good person and I personally like her and her family.  That doesn't change the fact that when you make the salary she makes coaching basketball, there are expectations. I hope we continue meeting those expectations.

On 1/22/2017 at 9:25 AM, Timeslider 6 said:

I'm glad the AD has given her the time to build the program the way it needs to be build. At least that is my perception. 

Coach Flo hasn't had to "build" a program.  She inherited a program in great shape.

14 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Coach Flo hasn't had to "build" a program.  She inherited a program in great shape.

Well, that's a matter of opinion. If the program was in such good shape she wouldn't have needed so much time to get it into post season play.:-\

Archived