Respect for the office of President

TexasTiger

10 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

He did not say that, did he?  Conway made that remark.  

He has said essentially the same thing. Do you believe he respects the office?

1 minute ago, icanthearyou said:

I understand your feelings.  However, I believe in respect to what is left of our democracy, we should at least give him a chance.  Don't forget, the other choice wasn't exactly a gem.  

Please explain to me how not supporting a man because of his character is disrespecting our democracy? Throughout history there have been political leaders who were so beholden to cruel agendas that people stood against them. Not standing against wrong is the real threat to democracy.

• Like 2

Just now, TexasTiger said:

He has said essentially the same thing. Do you believe he respects the office?

Yes.  I hope that I am correct.

Essentially, I think you are trying to make something big out of something very benign.  

I think I have seen this before?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

I cannot in good conscious support a man who openly mocked a disabled man, then denied he did it. I cannot support a man who thinks that when you're powerful you can grab a woman's genitalia without her consent. I cannot support a man who incited violence at his rallies while he spoke of Hispanics in a deragatory mannercalking them rapists and thugs.  I cannot support a man who wants to police religions. I cannot support a man who degrades a POW for being captured and insults a gold star family. I cannot support a man who says companies in America shouldn't outsource to other countries while he himself outsources everything from shirts and ties to hookers. I'm glad you picked up on the devisive tone because I want a great DIVIDE between myself and that kind of misogynistic, racist, xenophobic behavior.  I have no desire to associate with it. Bitter, maybe a little since TWICE in my presidential voting life a democrat has won the popular vote and lost the WHITE HOUSE. 

Now let's address juvenile shall we? I find it worth noting that you haven't frequented this forum until just recently and it's been to promote your "Trump disgusts me, BUT" agenda and to snidely insult those of us who do speak out against him. Your concern for keeping us respectful of the office of the presidency didn't seem to exist when the right wing nuts were attacking our former President. So you can call me whatever name you like because I don't support Trump, I really don't care.  But know this, I'm capable of giving credit when it's due but Trump has done nothing yet to get credit. And considering his past actions and his cabinet appointments, it doesn't look like he will.

Some of those allegations are not true. 

2 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

Please explain to me how not supporting a man because of his character is disrespecting our democracy? Throughout history there have been political leaders who were so beholden to cruel agendas that people stood against them. Not standing against wrong is the real threat to democracy.

Wrong?  He represents all that is wrong?

Let me know when he violates the law and/or the Constitution.  I will quickly join in.  For now, I will respect the office, the process, even though my respect for the man himself is questionable and conditional.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Poor baby. I'm going to enjoy you liberals whining for the next 8 years, especially liberal women like you. Hillary lost. Get over it.........but wait I forgot you can't. So wallow in your agony.

It's so cute when an insecure male stomps his foot and hurls the words "liberal female" at me like it's an insult. It's a label I wear with pride. And I don't wallow,  I act. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Let me know when he violates the law and/or the Constitution.  I will quickly join in.  For now, I will respect the office, the process, even though my respect for the man himself is questionable and conditional.

What has he represented that is right?

Elle -  Trump did not mock a disabled man 

If you were going to have rabid, hateful things to say about a man, at least they should be factual and true. 

Like why I hated Obama and his policies while he was in office. Oh, and the fact that he lied so casually and so easily. 

19 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Yes.  I hope that I am correct.

Essentially, I think you are trying to make something big out of something very benign.  

I think I have seen this before?

I think it's over your head.

3 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

If you were going to have rabid, hateful things to say about a man, at least they should be factual and true. 

Like why I hated Obama and his policies while he was in office. Oh, and the fact that he lied so casually and so easily. 

Do you think Trump lies casually and easily?

17 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

He started today.

4 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Do you think Trump lies casually and easily?

No more or less than any of the other politicians.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I think it's over your head.

Yes, it's all "over my head".  The illusion of the Blue team and the Red team is really tough stuff, really hard for someone like me to comprehend.

Thank you so much for that assessment.

• Like 1

Just now, icanthearyou said:

Yes, it's all "over my head".  The illusion of the Blue team and the Red team is really tough stuff, really hard for someone like me to comprehend.

Thank you so much for that assessment.

You reduce everything to that. You take an actual phenomenon and attribute everything to it whether applicable or not.

1 hour ago, GiveEmElle said:

Now let's address juvenile shall we? I find it worth noting that you haven't frequented this forum until just recently and it's been to promote your "Trump disgusts me, BUT" agenda and to snidely insult those of us who do speak out against him.

Point out where I have insulted anyone purposefully on here.  And just because I choose not to frequent the trivial back and forth found on here doesn't discount my view or opinion in the least.

I would have the same approach if HC had won. I did not agree with her and believe she also had many personal flaws, but if she would've won, I would've supported her position as President and likewise hoped for her to be a roaring success. Yours, as well as the millions of others, blatant and blind patisianship is what is dividing the country.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

You reduce everything to that. You take an actual phenomenon and attribute everything to it whether applicable or not.

Well I'm sorry Tex.  I'll try harder to get on the right team.  After all, one is good and the other is bad, right?

16 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

That is a matter of perception and opinion.  Stated as a fact is lying.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Well I'm sorry Tex.  I'll try harder to get on the right team.  After all, one is good and the other is bad, right?

Just double down on the over simplicity. You know, my favorite folks to follow these days are Republicans who oppose Trump on principle. What team are they on in your binary system?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Point out where I have insulted anyone purposefully on here.  And just because I choose not to frequent the trivial back and forth found on here doesn't discount my view or opinion in the least.

I would have the same approach if HC had one. I did not agree with her and believe she also had many personal flaws, but if she would've won, I would've supported her position as President and likewise hoped for her to be a roaring success. Yours, as well as the millions of others, blatant and blind patisianship is what is dividing the country.  

What are you suggesting?

6 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

That is a matter of perception and opinion.  Stated as a fact is lying.

That is your opinion. And what I stated can't be lying if I believe it to be true.

that you don't agree with what I say is one thing, but you cannot call it a " lie ".  

At most, you can say I'm wrong. 

You can't be this stupid on purpose. 

Edited by AURaptor

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

Just double down on the over simplicity. You know, my favorite folks to follow these days are Republicans who oppose Trump on principle. What team are they on in your binary system?

That is humorous.  They don't know which team he is on.  They are most likely terrified that he might not be on team capital but rather, team society, team America.  In their minds, the worst thing he could be is not on either the Blue or Red team.  He might actually be on the Red, White, and Blue team.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I would have the same approach if HC had won. I did not agree with her and believe she also had many personal flaws, but if she would've won, I would've supported her position as President and likewise hoped for her to be a roaring success. Yours, as well as the millions of others, blatant and blind patisianship is what is dividing the country.  

My bad. I didn't know juvenile was a compliment. It sounded insulting to me. Especially since up until now you haven't chosen to respond to any other post I've made. 

Your mistake is thinking this is only about partisanship. If any other of the GOP candidate had been elected I would have accepted them as my president. This about character not politics, it's about a person being unqualified and unfit. But that logic just seems to fly out the window when people decide to defend Trump. He can say disgusting things about women, Hispanics, POW's, political opponents and it's excused, but those who don't support him are against democracy, juvenile or whatever other word his supporters choose to use to insult those of us who don't tolerate his insolent behavior. 

And your pivot to HRC is duly noted. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

That is your opinion. And what I stated can't be lying if I believe it to be true.

that you don't agree with what I say is one thing, but you cannot call it a " lie ".  

At most, you can say I'm wrong. 

You can't be this stupid on purpose. 

George Costanza school of ethics

Sorry, it doesn't work that way.  You have a responsibility to qualify your statements.  Unless you are DJT, you can not make that statement as an absolute fact.

Edited by icanthearyou