Media following AUFamily

C'viewTiger

13 minutes ago, AU04ever said:

Is it just me or does it seem like there are a lot of articles that seem to reflect a lot of opinions/info from this site?

The same info is on other sites. Every site has it's set of insiders and most beat journalists actually have access to the pay sites, even the ones who write for al.com & SECCountry. For example Marcello was a member of AU 247 5 years before they hired him.

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

The same info is on other sites. Every site has it's set of insiders and most beat journalists actually have access to the pay sites, even the ones who write for al.com & SECCountry. For example Marcello was a member of AU 247 5 years before they hired him.

Figured as much.  I don't follow any of the pay sites as I look to guys like you for info. However it seems like more info has been on al.com and in other articles that have been discussed here ahead of time. Could be in just haven't noticed before.  

9 minutes ago, AU04ever said:

Figured as much.  I don't follow any of the pay sites as I look to guys like you for info. However it seems like more info has been on al.com and in other articles that have been discussed here ahead of time. Could be in just haven't noticed before.  

I don't know. I rarely go to that trash heap.

5 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

I won't deign to cut and paste the Al.com comment (which I'd sworn off from reading) on the Al.com article to which some are referring (which I'd sworn off from reading)...but I do believe this comment nails it.  

"It's designed to hurt Auburn with recruiting."  

Ellitor:  Well if that's the motive it's a poor one since the hay is in the barn on offense in this class. We will sign all the guys committed on offense now the staff wants & there are only 2 spots left for offense in the class. Chase Lasater will take 1 regardless & the other will be an OL when Coach Hand decides on the last 1 he wants. It does not affect 2018 kids as the staff can only say hello to them on visits off campus right now.

Posting here since the original behemoth thread was locked post-hire.  I place no security in recruitment until the end of SIGNING DAY.  The hay is never in the barn.  There is a press game with recruitment as well, and be it from Al.com or from message boards, positive and negative press most definitely affect perception of a program, especially in a season of message board life where the "Chicken Little" posts seem to equal or exceed the rest of them.

5 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

Ellitor:  Well if that's the motive it's a poor one since the hay is in the barn on offense in this class. We will sign all the guys committed on offense now the staff wants & there are only 2 spots left for offense in the class. Chase Lasater will take 1 regardless & the other will be an OL when Coach Hand decides on the last 1 he wants. It does not affect 2018 kids as the staff can only say hello to them on visits off campus right now.

Posting here since the original behemoth thread was locked post-hire.  I place no security in recruitment until the end of SIGNING DAY.  The hay is never in the barn.  There is a press game with recruitment as well, and be it from Al.com or from message boards, positive and negative press most definitely affect perception of a program, especially in a season of message board life where the "Chicken Little" posts seem to equal or exceed the rest of them.

Message boards have very little impact in recruiting overall.

13 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Didn't we lose one highly desired recruit because of what he read on the message boards? I don't remember his name, but it was around 5 years ago. 

JLee posted confidential info on The Bunker on a Greg Bryant visit he was not supposed to. It cost us the momentum with him. It pissed his dad & him off. They didn't read it though. It spread like wildfire and got back to them.

On 1/21/2017 at 10:17 PM, 3rdgeneration said:

Didn't we lose one highly desired recruit because of what he read on the message boards? I don't remember his name, but it was around 5 years ago. 

We also lost a shot at a major QB once (maybe Winston), because his under the radar visit, while he was committed somewhere else, was leaked on the message boards, getting him in hot water with the school he was committed to.

2 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

We also lost a shot at a major QB once (maybe Winston), because his under the radar visit, while he was committed somewhere else, was leaked on the message boards, getting him in hot water with the school he was committed to.

That was Deshaun Watson.

This is a damn good site.  A lot of realists with a mix of a few rainbows 'n unicorn posters and a few pits of hell posters; but overall very good balance that I enjoy.

4 hours ago, keesler said:

This is a damn good site.  A lot of realists with a mix of a few rainbows 'n unicorn posters and a few pits of hell posters; but overall very good balance that I enjoy.

Now

if only we could get the Dep't and Staff to read us.

(bus w./ nitrous?)

10 minutes ago, AUinTLoosa said:

Now

if only we could get the Dep't and Staff to read us.

(bus w./ nitrous?)

They do... the just laugh at all of the stuff we "know" that we really know nothing about.

17 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

They do... the just laugh at all of the stuff we "know" that we really know nothing about.

Just think,

if coaches just kept a finger on our pulse for QB,

we might see 3-5 different...

never mind

Archived