Chip Lindsey new OC

RunInRed

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Yeah, you said I made s*** up (even compared me to CNN) and I gave you the opportunity to get rid of me by you simply backing up your own words. You chickened out and that makes you look like a weasel. 

For starters you compared him to an average joe and even insinuated that he's only gotten where he is by knowing the right people and shaking hands. You never would admit that White was statistically one of the top QBs at multiple times throughout the year and post some snippets you find using your best friend Google. You try and message me personally stating to take the stick out my *** bc evidently you can't handle being wrong. You think you know insider info on recruiting but I honestly skim over everyone's input on that minus a select few. You used some made up numbers before the season as to why we would be lucky to win 4'games bc we had no running back. I could go on but I'd rather watch grass grow in the winter

47 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I wasn't just referring to you, but I do find it ironic that you'd call someone out about evidence and p

There is a difference between drawing the line with fact and fiction by saying "my sources say" and actually giving an opinion based on anecdotal evidence and small town hearsay. While mine isn't the gospel, I can at least attribute the statement to a source and the reasoning for it.

I don't blame you for not believing that I have the evidence to make an accurate opinion. s*** changes all the time and there are enough frauds on this site already. Don't confuse or compare me to a pseudo-insider though. 

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

Well this is wrong. He only worked with one bad apple and only briefly. He is as much of the Tandy Gerelds and Mothershed football tree which emphasized faith and football. 

"This guy is from a coaching tree of sleezeballs in HS. "

1 hour ago, FoundationEagle said:

"Tree" doesn't have to mean he worked WITH them, just within the same tree or for the same person. Probst and Pruitt = sleezeballs

Twice is all I'm explaining it.  You've already quoted me twice since this.  Read before you react next time. 

28 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

Twice is all I'm explaining it.  You've already quoted me twice since this.  Read before you react next time. 

You're the one not getting it.  Again I have to explain that he has coached with many other sets of coaches and is legitimately in other much deeply rooted coaching trees, which makes one year of working in a different coaching tree extremely insignificant. So insignificant that it isn't worth bitching about as a matter of fact.

What is your point @FoundationEagle

Edited by aujeff11
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

There is a difference between drawing the line with fact and fiction by saying "my sources say" and actually giving an opinion based on anecdotal evidence and small town hearsay. While mine isn't the gospel, I can at least attribute the statement to a source and the reasoning for it.

I don't blame you for not believing that I have the evidence to make an accurate opinion. s*** changes all the time and there are enough frauds on this site already. Don't confuse or compare me to a pseudo-insider though. 

The thing is, even the info you have - even if 100% true - is not only subject to your own personal interpretations (we have no idea whether you sized him up right), but was from several years ago.  It's been 6-7 years since he was coaching under Probst.  Since then he was QB coach under Blakeney at Troy, a head coach in HS for two years, an offensive analyst for one year here, and an OC at two different FBS schools the last three years.  That's a lot of experience and life to have gone by since you had any access to him.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Great analogy

Since I guess Chip isn't a "homerun" hire, can we at least consider him a ground rule double?

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

For starters you compared him to an average joe

Well observed an average joe temperament. That's not made up and that is certainly not a bad thing....But of course you take offense to everything I say.

insinuated that he's only gotten where he is by knowing the right people and shaking hands.

This happens a lot in life. Grow up.

You never would admit that White was statistically one of the top QBs at multiple times

So this inaccuracy falls under "me making s*** up." You must be 12. I discounted the stat as a product of many factors but I didn't make anything up.

You try and message me personally stating to take the s

Yeah I messaged you. That's all you got right out of that. 

You think you know insider info on recruiting but I honestly skim over everyone's input on that minus a select few.

Uhhh what?  I've known one recruit since I've been on here. I've never pretended to be a recruiting insider. @ellitor can vouch for that.

You used some made up numbers before the season as to why we would be lucky to win 4'games bc we had no running back.

This is actually hilarious. Would love to know what you're talking about. Please be generous with the details.

Edited by aujeff11

Ok. Chip on board. Whether you like him or not, this is our OC. Let's give the guy a chance and see what he can do. His said in press conference that he is hanging up the clipboard and turning the offensive show over to Lindsey. Let's see what he can do with it. It will be different looking offense. I would think more balanced and play calling less unpredictable. Let's see what that looks like with the returning talent on the team. Excited that qb's will be coached up and rather than the position being a weakness on the team, it should be a strength. Time to get unified and get pumped about next season. Put in the work.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jgarrett7 said:

Can I read one thread without Jeff's negativity? Guess its time to learn how to use the ignore feature.

It's never too late to learn.  :wareagle:

• Like 2

Always reread your post before submitting.  Less unpredictable....did I really say that. My post was full of grammar and spelling errors.....geesh! Auto-correct doesn't help. ?

1 minute ago, AUTIGERinSC said:

Good stuff. You can see the similarities. 

I watched that earlier.  Man loves the wildcat for sure...

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I waited to do some research before I commented. First apparently everywhere he has been he has been very good at developing QB's. It appears we have some good ones for him to develop. Second he runs a more balanced Offense then Gus he still runs but is harder to predict what play he will call. Third he is well known in Alabama and Georgia and has reputation as a good recruiter. I believe that with the offensive talent we have including depth at QB Stidham, SW, Woody, Malik and the RB's we have KP, KJ, etc. we have the depth we will need at RB, some young talented receivers, a TE coming in who can catch and 3 returning starters on Offensive line and we have the potential to have a really good O.

He may not be a big name sexy hire but I think we will all like this hire by the end of next season.

If we could each say and do the same, AUFamily could continue to resemble itself...and project the kind of image to potential Auburn recruits (and their families) on and off the field. Disagreement's fine; ignorance isn't.

Said by one who approved a change at OC, knows that we each define "big name sexy" differently, and am truly excited to see what 2017 holds.  :wareagle:

• Like 6

Maybe @TitanTiger can show me where I've been negative throughout the day. My opinion of him was that he would be "a stud coach but probably not a stud recruiter." That's not being negative. That's being realistic. 

One benign assumption can cause so much grief and butthurt for @ToraGirland others but to call me negative or ignorant is just as ignorant as calling CL a "yes man."

2 hours ago, Tigercj said:

It seems like they are openly hoping are team fails and I really don't comprehend that mentality.

If I had to guess most are millennials.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

You're the one not getting it.  Again I have to explain that he has coached with many other sets of coaches and is legitimately in other much deeply rooted coaching trees, which makes one year of working in a different coaching tree extremely insignificant. So insignificant that it isn't worth bitching about as a matter of fact.

What is your point @FoundationEagle

I never bitched. You are the one all over this thread bitching at everyone. Again you don't read very well. In my original post I said that I wasn't holding any of those things against him because none of them had to be bad. It was just one of the parts of his past/experience. Completely missed that point there didn't you?  Seriously, step away from the computer.  You're just pissing everyone off for no reason at this point. 

1 hour ago, roe4christ said:

Ok. Chip on board. Whether you like him or not, this is our OC. Let's give the guy a chance and see what he can do. His said in press conference that he is hanging up the clipboard and turning the offensive show over to Lindsey. Let's see what he can do with it. It will be different looking offense. I would think more balanced and play calling less unpredictable. Let's see what that looks like with the returning talent on the team. Excited that qb's will be coached up and rather than the position being a weakness on the team, it should be a strength. Time to get unified and get pumped about next season. Put in the work.

I agree with this. There were certainly a ton of more experienced guys out there but not likely any that we could have hired due to Gus's seat being an inferno.  

The one thing most of us worry about is Gus micromanaging. Heck he claimed he was done calling plays before the LSU game this past season and that it was up to Rhett from there on out.  By almost all accounts that only lasted a couple games and he either took it back or micromanaged it into the ground. If he does this to CL, they'll both be unemployed in December. I think CL simply bringing fresh ideas to a talented team and eliminating some of the absolute idiocy we witnessed this year could easily account for 3-4 more wins if the defense is solid again. So, while there is reason for concern, there is likely more reason for optimism. 

• Like 1