Chip Lindsey new OC

RunInRed

There is a chance this guy comes in  influences Gus for the good and we come out and break tendencies and throw the ball more and see qb development.  If so great. If not then guss will be gone this time next  as will jacobs.  So at the end of the day it will all work out.

• Like 3

Alright... Who is going to start the coaching search thread? Gus probably  just fired himself. 

I'm SO glad we were able to pull someone out of the CGM tree. Thank goodness it's not another yes man (I would be using yellow font but I don't know how...) 

1 minute ago, alexava said:

He looks nothing like muschamp nor is he bald. 

Did not say he looked like Muschamp, just so in that pic. But correct not bald, balding.

Just now, Auburn2Eugene said:

Alright... Who is going to start the coaching search thread? Gus probably  just fired himself. 

I'm SO glad we were able to pull someone out of the CGM tree. Thank goodness it's not another yes man (I would be using yellow font but I don't know how...) 

How do we know he's a yes man? Is DC in that tree?

Last year at USM his QB had 4,100 yards and 36 TDs. Jarrett Stidham will win us 10 plus. Gus ain't gonna be fired next year. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, TigerTaz said:

Jarrett Stidham is the key piece. This guy Chip Lindsey is good enough. Stidham is the real deal. 

good enough?! lol good enough? thats what we are shooting for these days?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, nutspanther said:

Gus has shown no evidence that he gives up control when his seat gets hot. This will be more of the same. I'm thinking similar to Tubbs and Franklin, first sign of problems and we're back to the whirly bird  

Well, one way to look at it, if he does, then we will have a whole new staff this time next year. 

5 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

It could have been worst just have to wait and see what happens. Its all on Gus now.

I see Lindsey actually challenging him. A lot of whining and moaning in this thread. 

• Like 4

I was starting to think Rhett was the smart one for leaving, the way this search was going. Gus will look good with this hire, simply from the fact we have lots of weapons on offense and a stud QB and a stout defense coming back. The question will be what's happens in year 2 or 3 of the CCL era, that's where we see how good this hire is and if Gus made the right choice!!!

• Like 1

I laughed

2 minutes ago, TigerTaz said:

Last year at USM his QB had 4,100 yards and 36 TDs. Jarrett Stidham will win us 10 plus. Gus ain't gonna be fired next year. 

You are not towing the "woe is me" company line. You can't be an AU fan. I mean every naysayer on here knows we will win 7 at best. An hour ago we couldn't predict who the new OC would be, but now we all know how next season will be a fail. That my friend, is a true Auburn fan, :hellyeah:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TigerTaz said:

Jarrett Stidham is the key piece. This guy Chip Lindsey is good enough. Stidham is the real deal. 

A good QB can hide the real issues of a program (see Cam and NM).  The QB is a short term fix, there is no evidence that Gus can turn his system around without external help.  I hope Chip is that help, just my opinion, I could be wrong.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

good enough?! lol good enough? thats what we are shooting for these days?

Apparently good enough is good enough to beat Arky, MSU, Ole Miss, TAMU, LSU, UGA and Bama. 

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

How do we know he's a yes man? Is DC in that tree?

Because he is. We can pretend he isn't all we want... And no DC isn't the same. Gus ran him off. This is another guy who Gus can control. I just don't see how Lindsey has sufficient experience but Kendall didn't. This guy is another high school coach. Or didn't you read his bio.  Oh and another thing, this is a hire that keeps Kodi Burns. Being as Lindsey had hired Kodi to be his RB coach as ASU, there is no chance Kodi is left without a job.... Just the safe choice all the way around... 

3 minutes ago, TigerTaz said:

Um... Putting those numbers up at Southern Mississippi is the the same as the SEC, but go ahead and pump that sunshine. 

• Like 2

Just now, Never2Yield said:

Apparently good enough is good enough to beat Arky, MSU, Ole Miss, TAMU, LSU, UGA and Bama. 

yah we sure have done a lot of beating uga and bama lately.......

• Like 1

Well, I guess my question was why all the wait? If that was one of the first names out of the box. Was Gus denied and then later told ok take him but you guys mess this up and your both out?

I like this guy a lot. Great choice IMHO

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

Figured it would be announced today. I personally like the move

I like the move also. IF, he is given the legit play calling duty, then our tendencies will change and hopefully be a little less transparent and repetitive. I like that he has spent time developing QB's and with good results. I see nothing wrong with is familiarity with Gus and Auburn. I just want to finally see positive and dynamic results on Offense. JMHO