The Chip Lindsey hire Poll

Newbomb

What I think about the Chip Lindsey hire Poll  

247 members have voted

1. 1. What I think about the Chip Lindsey hire

• I'm all in on this!
    • Good hire not great.
    • Not good for Auburn
    • Horrible hire... Gus will need a realtor.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, tombigbeetiger said:

could you please add an "I don't care category?"

There is, just don't respond.

Add a screen pass to call against blitzes or more than one pass to a tight every three seasons and we have improved our O immensely.

You need a "let's wait and see" option - I don't know enough about him yet. I know the ASU offense was bad last year, but they were decimated by injuries and were playing a 4th string QB. 

3 minutes ago, Sani-Freeze said:

You need a "let's wait and see" option - I don't know enough about him yet. I know the ASU offense was bad last year, but they were decimated by injuries and were playing a 4th string QB. 

At least they had a 4th string QB...

15 minutes ago, alexava said:

I didn't know his name three weeks ago. You don't have enough choices. Wait and see optimist I guess. Just happy no Mazzone. 

2nd "unofficial" vote here.

Not very exciting.... but not crying in my PBR at least.

We'll see in September.

1 hour ago, jared52 said:

Safe, decent hire. But Gus will still need a realtor. 

What this young whipper snapper said.

I'm in the wait and see camp. CCL has more diverse experience than Lashlee and probably better ability to potentially upgrade the passing attack. However, the best OC in the world has no chance to succeed if CGM keeps him in chains. We won't know whether CCL was a good hire until next season.

1 hour ago, tombigbeetiger said:

Then why are you here, run along with all of your whiny friends.

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

2nd "unofficial" vote here.

Not very exciting.... but not crying in my PBR at least.

We'll see in September.

I, however, will pop a PBR and toast "good enough."

Opposite sentiments, same results.

4 minutes ago, AUinTLoosa said:

I, however, will pop a PBR and toast "good enough."

Opposite sentiments, same results.

Absolutely.  He's at least worthy of us keeping an open mind and giving him a chance to show AU what he can do.

The PBR's will make the off season go faster... 

2 hours ago, tombigbeetiger said:

And yet you wonder why many here think you are just a troll?   If you really cared about Auburn you would care about this hire.  If you don't care, it exposes you as a fake fan and raises your troll meter exponentially.    But, if you really don't care, then why even comment at all?  Why not just do all of us (and yourself) a favor and stay off the board. 

4 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

And yet you wonder why many here think you are just a troll?   If you really cared about Auburn you would care about this hire.  If you don't care, it exposes you as a fake fan and raises your troll meter exponentially.    But, if you really don't care, then why even comment at all?  Why not just do all of us (and yourself) a favor and stay off the board. 

lol....i really bug you, don't i?....i ain't even trying to, either....lol

The best thing about this hire is that it wasn't Herb Hand.  No idea how CL will do, but I'm glad it's over with.  With GM as the HC, I doubt it's going to make much difference.  Maybe the QB can be developed better, but I doubt scheme and play calling will drastically change.  Maybe a chance to break away from some of GM's tendencies as happened when RL supposedly was calling plays during the 6 game offensive nirvana last year.  Hopefully whatever happens, we'll have a good idea if GM is the right man for the future of Auburn football, and if not, hopefully the  new prez boots JJ's ass into outer space and hires a proven, competent, experienced AD to start off the process.

It is a meh, wait and see hire for me. Another guy hired who has ties to Gus/AU is concerning.  If our O lights it up under Chipper then I am all in.  

wde

Not the proven stud I was hoping for, but this guy is a teacher of some acclaim.  Made Hutson Mason out to be the second coming of Joe Montana when he was coaching here in Georgia and he certainly knows his way around the Alabama high school football landscape.  I think we will see the QB development that has been obviously lacking over the last half dozen years of the Malzahn/Lashlee era.  We could have done way worse.

I'm like most everyone else on the board, I don't know enough about him to sing zippedy-do-dah (I'm sure I didn't spell that right) but  when Steele was hired a lot of posters complained he was DC at Clemson when they gave up 70 to West Virginia in the Orange Bowl and as we saw last year he turned out to be a good hire.

Archived