Tenth Assistant coach talk (Merged)

Newbomb

On 4/15/2017 at 1:18 AM, auburnphan said:

Had heard a possible candidate, but the wait to next year part, creates a new twist on things.  It would have made a bunch of folks happy.

We need a recruiter. And the one, think I'm heard the same name, don't like to recruit. He will but isn't a big fan. 

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

We need a recruiter. And the one, think I'm heard the same name, don't like to recruit. He will but isn't a big fan. 

TR?

3 hours ago, AUinTLoosa said:

Yessir, at least by my reading at 

I do. however, agree with your characterization (and so, apparently, does Coach Malzahn).

Lengthy clarification of "retroactive" may be worthy of discussion. Also, worthy of note here, I'm not a lawyer and probably couldn't convincingly play one one TV. Interplay between the two (10th Ass't and Proposed Rule) threads, especially with the contemporaneous passages, has seemed maddeningly complex to me. I welcome further discussion from those more knowledgeable.

Q95rQD8.png

Seems to me, anybody already employed on effective date of passage (hired retroactive to last Thurs? Fri?) only precludes us from recruiting from where the staffers came from for two years hence. Now, however, we can't newly hire anybody (into the covered positions) from institutions where we've successfully recruited in the past two years (retroactive to effective date), as well.

Have I got this right?

3 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Maybe. ;)

I would like to have TR back simply for the coaching.

wde

19 hours ago, AUIH1 said:

I would like to have TR back simply for the coaching.

wde

How would that work with RG?  TR I believe has said in the past the he prefers to coach all the D-Line.

1 hour ago, oracle79 said:

How would that work with RG?  TR I believe has said in the past the he prefers to coach all the D-Line.

I have no idea. 

wde

2 hours ago, oracle79 said:

It's not unheard of to split Tackles and Ends.

3 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Dunn coached tackles, Price coached ends under Coach T so it definitely is the way some prefer.

5 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

I know, but from what I remember when TR was here, he was adamant that he coached them all or not at all.  Maybe he's open to new ideas now.

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 6:15 PM, augolf1716 said:

Would Tracy Rocker work?

Tracy Rocker? When I said TR I was talking about Tony Romo.;)

When we add a 10th coach in Jan., I think it will could come down to one of these defensive coaches. Tommy Thigpen, Tracy Rocker, Kevin Greene or maybe Terry Price.

I would take Thigpen in a sec.  not sure how accomplished he is as a coach but his recruiting is 2nd to none

4 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

When we add a 10th coach in Jan., I think it will could come down to one of these defensive coaches. Tommy Thigpen, Tracy Rocker, Kevin Greene or maybe Terry Price.

Why do you think that?

Archived