Austin Wiley, SEC freshman of the week

Charhair

I am so guilty of seeing him make a mistake and tear into him, forgetting he is only 17 years old and has only played a handful of games. I think Saturday's performance is just the beginning of great things to come from this young man. I apologize, Austin and I tip my hat. WDE, Austin

He had a heck of a game against bama. If he could do that consistently we'd give a lot of people problems the rest of the year. But I think consistentcy is the hardest part for the young guys. Hard to bring that energy and effort every night. Well deserved accolades for Wiley!

He is getting better and better. One big improvement is he is catching the hard passes when he first arrived I don't think he realized how tight the Window was to get him the ball down low. The tight Window requires very hard passes that he initially was dropping allowing teams to double down on him. Now he has adjusted to the speed of the passes and the players he can score on the entry level passes. It has been  amazing to see how quickly he has improved in such a short period of time. A lot of credit has to be given to the coaching staff for this improvement also.

Archived