South Carolina Game Thread

Tiger

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This team has not shot well, but they have made up for it by not rebounding, playing defense and turning the ball over. They just said South Carolina is 12th in the league in scoring and Auburn has already allowed 45 in the first half.

Just now, Altima said:

NO WAY!!!!!

Purifoy again!!!  His man hits another 3...

PLAY SOME DEFENSE!

Purifoy looks lost right now.

Time to let the caboose play. The guys on the floor just playing stupid. Another wide open 3. 

Its one thing when it's not your night. It's another when you just waste air. Time to put the caboose in and let the rest sit for such a bad effort.

Notice has hit every three he's taken I think. I believe that's now 4. His have actually been contested pretty well, but there's absolutely no way you can plan for that kind of break out night from a guy who shot 2-13 from 3-range. We'd be in the game still if he doesn't catch extreme fire. Definitely don't like the defensive effort from us overall, but stinks to watch player after player have a "breakout game" against Auburn.

Just now, douggwilliams said:

I wish we had a larger roster so we can just sit all the starters and let scrubs play. Send a message, no D, no play.

Roster is 7-8 deep, maybe 9. Plenty of room to sit the guys not giving half an effort on the boards or on defense.

Why is it that sometimes it looks like Auburn is so ill prepared for games, especially on the road.  The inconsistency from game to game is uncanny.  It's like they forgot about this game until today.  Most of the blame goes to the coaches for poor game strategy.  They are absolutely not contesting the three shot.

1 minute ago, WeagleAU said:

Why is it that sometimes it looks like Auburn is so ill prepared for games, especially on the road.  The inconsistency from game to game is uncanny.  It's like they forgot about this game until today.  Most of the blames goes to the coaches for poor game strategy.  They are absolutely not contesting the three shot.

I don't think it's coaching. I know that's where the blame goes, but sometimes, even college-age kids just forget stuff that they've worked on. For a lot of teams/groups I've been on/in in the past, there have been times where we will work on some things, but our effort just was not good one day, and that information goes in one ear and out the other. I wonder if the guys aren't just kind of not very excited about away games. I know they've got to have more fun at home. Might be why home teams have a huge advantage in sports in general. Idk, I just don't know how much blame id put on coaching. This one looks like effort.

3 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Notice has hit every three he's taken I think. I believe that's now 4. His have actually been contested pretty well, but there's absolutely no way you can plan for that kind of break out night from a guy who shot 2-13 from 3-range. We'd be in the game still if he doesn't catch extreme fire. Definitely don't like the defensive effort from us overall, but stinks to watch player after player have a "breakout game" against Auburn.

I hear what you are saying but Notice is serious BB player and frankly, all of these guys can shoot when nobody is guarding them.   

Sure he's hot but likely if he had a hand in his face on every shooting attempt, his stats would be back to his normal level. 

1 minute ago, FoundationEagle said:

Every time we win a big game, the next game our guys fold up like a tent and seem to just expect to not even have to try any more. That is 100 percent on coaching. 

Probably but maybe it is what we call a post birdie FU on the golf course....guaranteed relapse after something good happens....

6 minutes ago, WeagleAU said:

Why is it that sometimes it looks like Auburn is so ill prepared for games, especially on the road.  The inconsistency from game to game is uncanny.  It's like they forgot about this game until today.  Most of the blame goes to the coaches for poor game strategy.  They are absolutely not contesting the three shot.

You'd think our team is full of freshman and sophomores or something...

This game is about our young guys being young guys without dynamic team leaders.  We've only truly been blown out once this year by Purdue.  Kentucky game score was lopsided, but Kentucky is just better.  The auburn team that played versus Kentucky and lost by 20 would be hanging right in there with SC tonight.  

Youth = Inconsistency

on the road it can magnify.  We could snap back or we could get pummeled in the second half.  We've snapped back a couple times this year.  Got pummeled by Purdue.  Let's hope for the better.

Gotta be the worst effort of the year.....after a couple good wins, thought the team would be ready for this....but.....:dunno:

I know "youth" is being used as an excuse on here a lot for poor play and execution.  I might by the youth excuse for some things, but I'm not buying it when it comes to how badly they have been with turnovers tonight.  Totally inexcusable in my opinion.

We need to use Mclemore in the short corner more when teams zone us. He is explosive with one step

Archived