2017 3* Juco OG Matthew Tanner

ellitor

4_4674541.jpg

Jacksonville, FL (Bishop Snyder), Eastern Arizona College

Offensive Guard

Ht 6-5 Wt 345

Picked up an AU offer yesterday

3 to play 2

Tagged in a VIP article on AU 247 that reads OL 99% sure he'll be a Tiger after offer

Juco Soph highlights

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, aublaise said:

Who did we miss on?

Nobody we were in good shape with. Herbert will go down to Miami & UF.

I think these last few available slots will go to guys that our new coaches, especially CCL, have been in on and/or would prefer based on scheme, etc. 

The new TE/HB and this guy I think would fall into that category. 

JUCOs don't typically come in to ride the pine, but I think it will be tough to break into our starting 5. What have you heard E? Or others?

According to his measurements he seems big enough to stamp Goodyear on the side of him and rent him out on the weekends. I just hope he can come on and make an impact on the OL.

9 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I think these last few available slots will go to guys that our new coaches, especially CCL, have been in on and/or would prefer based on scheme, etc. 

The new TE/HB and this guy I think would fall into that category. 

JUCOs don't typically come in to ride the pine, but I think it will be tough to break into our starting 5. What have you heard E? Or others?

Hand has been on him for a while. Finally decided to offer. He could compete to be the starting LG I guess.

1 minute ago, Timeslider 6 said:

I wonder how close that height is to being correct. I saw on another site he was 6' 7" if that's true, seems he would have a problem getting good pad leverage on opposing DTs.

Looks closer to 6'5 to me.

Free read

Matthew Tanner receive the Auburn scholarship offer he’s been waiting on.

The 6-foot-5, 345-pound offensive lineman from Eastern Arizona College — a day after his in-home with Chip Lindsey and Herb Hand — picked up an offer from Auburn, Tanner told SEC Country on Wednesday morning. Hand called Tanner on Wednesday morning to let him know of his offer. Tanner is likely the favorite at this time to secure the final offensive line spot to join Calvin Ashley, Austin Troxell and Nick Brahms.

View image on TwitterView image on Twitter

Very blessed and thankful to receive an offer from the University Of Auburn!??? #WDE @JUCOFFrenzy @JuCoFootballACE@CoachRasoolEAC

Tanner confirmed that he will now officially visit Auburn this weekend.

When asked the chances Tanner lands with Auburn, his message was clear.

“It’s more than like I am,” Tanner told SEC Country.

Originally from Jacksonville, Fla., Tanner went to Eastern Arizona College where he is ranked the No. 4 offensive guard at the junior college level. He holds other offers from Georgia State, UAB and Mississippi State.

“My reaction was very excited,” Tanner said. “It’s a huge honor.”

19 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

And, once again, we lose another one to the University of Auburn... The NCAA needs to investigate that place for stealing our recruits.

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change..."

9 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

At 345 I think you just have to stand your ground and make people run completely around you. 

Based on his film, there are quite a few linebackers in Juco who wish he had just stood his ground.

19 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Based on his film, there are quite a few linebackers in Juco who wish he had just stood his ground.

Looked like a whole lot of pancaking going on.

His film looks good but he seemed to be a whole lot bigger then both the Linebackers and the D-Linemen he was blocking it is hard to say how good he will be when he has DT's as big as him.  It seemed like he overpowered people even when his pad level was to high that won't happen in the SEC.  I think a solid pick up but as a JUCO I don't see him beating out somebody like Horton but I will be happy to get him, at the worse he will provide good depth if we have an Injury.

Just looking at his highlight film he seemed relatively quick off the ball. I'm sure he will have some work to do when he gets here, but that is what  Hand is for.

@corchjayHe seems to come off the ball really high. To me, it looks like he needs to stay low and work behind his pads better. Your thoughts?

At 345, I wonder how much is lost this summer?

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Hand has been on him for a while. Finally decided to offer. He could compete to be the starting LG I guess.

Thanks E!

If he wins that spot, I would take it as a sign that he is really good and we have great depth at G!

42 minutes ago, bigbird said:

@corchjayHe seems to come off the ball really high. To me, it looks like he needs to stay low and work behind his pads better. Your thoughts?

25 or he doesn't see the field. Hell even Daron Payne (Bammer), who was all everything at Shades Valley (Bham) and strong as a power lifter, saw decreased minutes until he dropped weight and could stay on the field. 

14 hours ago, bigbird said:

He does get a little high out of the snap but tries to recover.  He is better at staying a little lower when someone is over him.  His feet look pretty good he's so much bigger then everyone on the defenses it's hard to judge.  He will hit someone I like that.  

Archived