January 27-29 visitors (Last weekend before NSD)

ellitor

4* Buck Markaviest Bryant-Will commit NSD at 10:30 AM on CBSSports.com. AU, UGA, LSU, & maybe Bama battle

3* Juco OL Matthew Tanner-Decision expected by Sunday or Monday.

3* TE/HB John Samuel Shenker-Decision expected by Sunday or Monday.

3* TE Kamari Averett-Louisville commit

3* DT Tyrone Truesdell

3* LS Bill Taylor-unofficial visit

• ellitor featured and pinned this topic

5 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Are we pretty much out of it for Jarez Parks?  Didn't see much info from the various individual threads.

As posted a day or so ago there has been nothing on him for a while from any team other than he may not sign on NSD.

So, here we sit with 18 supposedly in the fold, 7 open slots and.....?

Man, a lot of things need to break right or this recruiting season could end up on a real sour note.

And with 7 open slots.....we have five 3 star visitors this weekend along with MB.  Don't know what you guys think but to me ....if you're scrambling to try and fill out the class with 3 star players and 7 open slots, then we've definitely whiffed on several top targets or as some say "we are just being very selective...picking who we want".  Ummm...yeah right.  As Mikey said above...this could end up on a real sour note especially if someone flips.

I know it has been said that some positions are weak this year. What are the chances that the coachs have eyes on next year and are planning on under signing this year? Not saying they will not take some guys if they can get them, but are there many early Enrolment guys next year they want? 

1 minute ago, wildlife alumni said:

I know it has been said that some positions are weak this year. What are the chances that the coachs have eyes on next year and are planning on under signing this year? Not saying they will not take some guys if they can get them, but are there many early Enrolment guys next year they want? 

We will already be well below the overall 85 limit. The original plan was to sign the full 25 this year. There have been a bunch of obvious misses and maybe more misses that haven't been announced yet. While it's better to hold an open slot for next year than to sign someone that has little chance of success, we can look at every slot below 25 as a miss. This time, holding for next year is simply plan B. Plan A was to sign the full 25.

6 hours ago, SouthGATiger said:

And with 7 open slots.....we have five 3 star visitors this weekend along with MB.  Don't know what you guys think but to me ....if you're scrambling to try and fill out the class with 3 star players and 7 open slots, then we've definitely whiffed on several top targets or as some say "we are just being very selective...picking who we want".  Ummm...yeah right.  As Mikey said above...this could end up on a real sour note especially if someone flips.

It's still going to end up a top 12 class. This spreading of negativity from our fan base has gotten very old & stale & is not helping our staff on the recruiting trail AT ALL! Can we please wait til the class is completely signed before judging it?! Thanks!

1 hour ago, wildlife alumni said:

It looks like they are holding 1 or 2 spots for grad transfers and I don't have a problem with that.

11 minutes ago, ellitor said:

It's still going to end up a top 12 class. This spreading of negativity from our fan base has gotten very old & stale & is not helping our staff on the recruiting trail AT ALL! Can we please wait til the class is completely signed before judging it?! Thanks!

It's like calling your sister a tramp all over town and then wondering why she can't meet a nice guy. I just don't get some of our fans. All Auburn, all negative, all of the time!

I don't know much but from where I sit: 

1.  Probably the top QB avail in the country - HUGE win.   That will help recruiting big time next year for sure.  Plan on signing a 4* and 5* RB. 

2.  We had the #1 or #2 group of receivers last year (recruits).  We just won't be able to add much following that and the guy we got, seems awfully special.  

3.  The OL will be top 2 or 3 in the country.  The AZ JUCO kid could be fun to see if he can make the jump.  And we have depth!

4. The LB recruits are ridiculous.  If T Taylor's joins them - it will be the top class I predict.  

5.  We have Daniel Carlson's brother joining the ranks - who can kick 50 yarders TODAY.   I find that amazing.  

6.  Our DBs played much improved last year and, and we just got a coach in there who has coached 2 Thorpe awardees.  Heck on a bad D last year, I think his DBs picked 13 or 15 balls.  Sign me up - I am a pumped!

I too wish there was more opportunity for the DL, but this year is 'slim pickens'.  I don't know much about recruiting but looked around...I keep hearing we have a team that WILL compete for the SEC West next year.  Toss in the fact we won't be predictable on offense - we will be a VERY DANGEROUS and fun team to watch !     

We are in a great, great position.  WDE

1 hour ago, mcgufcm said:

We're at 19, right? Am I off by one?

If you are asking about commits we are at 18 for this class. The juco RB decommitted & Bill Taylor will Blue Shirt & count in the 2018 class.

26 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Class will be a very good class not our best in the last 8 years but overall fit our needs and we may still have a surprise at the end......B)

Yep....filling needs IMO is more important that just filling slots to reach 25.   If we missed some, that happens ....and grad trans have come in handy for everyone in recent years.   guess we just need to be patient. 

2 hours ago, imaolgatiger said:

It's like calling your sister a tramp all over town and then wondering why she can't meet a nice guy. I just don't get some of our fans. All Auburn, all negative, all of the time!

Hahaha! This made me laugh, but it's sad when our own fan base is hurting recruiting. Even more sad that people don't realize they are doing so or don't care.

2 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

Hahaha! This made me laugh, but it's sad when our own fan base is hurting recruiting. Even more sad that people don't realize they are doing so or don't care.

More like they don't believe it's a possibility. TBH I didn't think it was either til Keith posted a while back that our fans' negativity on the board has had a negative impact on recruiting. I'm not & he's not saying it's a major factor but it has hurt a bit. No need for us shooting our staff in the foot making it tougher for them.

53 minutes ago, ellitor said:

More like they don't believe it's a possibility. TBH I didn't think it was either til Keith posted a while back that our fans' negativity on the board has had a negative impact on recruiting. I'm not & he's not saying it's a major factor but it has hurt a bit. No need for us shooting our staff in the foot making it tougher for them.

It has always seemed ridiculous to me that fans complain about the other teams negative recruiting against us about how coaching staff is on hot seat and then the same people are arguing that if we don't have N wins next year the coach is gone.  So what's difference if an opposing coach does it vs the fan?  We know for a fact that some recruits and/or family frequent these boards. It's just ridiculous to me.

Archived