January 27-29 visitors (Last weekend before NSD)

ellitor

I don't think that complaining about the recruiting class has nearly the negative effect as the constant poor mouthing about the coaching staff (i.e. Gus) and the predictions that they will be fired next year and so on and so on. Many of the "insiders" and mods on this board are the most guilty of this.

34 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/Bama-LB-commit-visiting-Auburn-this-weekend--50890306

Benton is on Campus & coaches have visited last couple weeks. He had concerns with UA depth chart.

I thought we were done with him because of his bad mouthing of AU coaches and praising bammer's coaches? It was said he burned any possible bridges, which is ok with me. If he's here I sure as hell hope we aren't paying for it!

10 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I thought we were done with him because of his bad mouthing of AU coaches and praising bammer's coaches? It was said he burned any possible bridges, which is ok with me. If he's here I sure as hell hope we aren't paying for it!

Maybe he wants back in & we will listen as back up for TT.

2 hours ago, PotPot said:

I don't think that complaining about the recruiting class has nearly the negative effect as the constant poor mouthing about the coaching staff (i.e. Gus) and the predictions that they will be fired next year and so on and so on. Many of the "insiders" and mods on this board are the most guilty of this.

Differentiating the 2 doesn't matter. They are all obstacles our fan base puts in front of the staff on the recruiting trail is the point.

Any further discussion on it needs to be via PMx. If people feel the need to, they can gladly PM me.

5 hours ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/Bama-LB-commit-visiting-Auburn-this-weekend--50890306

Benton is on Campus & coaches have visited last couple weeks. He had concerns with UA depth chart.

Another case of an AU reporter spilling the beans on a visit or plans before everything was over. Keith was going to sit on it til the OV was over out of respect for AU's wishes but another AU reporter had to do his thing which forced Keith's hand.

I was not being negative and never said we didn't have a great class or great kids already committed.  Just stating that with seven spots left that we're bringing in lower ranked kids in for visits which usually means that we will possibly miss on some higher ranked targets.  Nothing more ...nothing less.  No need to attack.  WDE.

2 minutes ago, SouthGATiger said:

I was not being negative and never said we didn't have a great class or great kids already committed.  Just stating that with seven spots left that we're bringing in lower ranked kids in for visits which usually means that we will possibly miss on some higher ranked targets.  Nothing more ...nothing less.  No need to attack.  WDE.

That may not have been your intent but it came across as negative especially with the mocking sarcasm that was used in the post.

9 hours ago, Beaker said:

I don't know much but from where I sit: 

1.  Probably the top QB avail in the country - HUGE win.   That will help recruiting big time next year for sure.  Plan on signing a 4* and 5* RB. 

2.  We had the #1 or #2 group of receivers last year (recruits).  We just won't be able to add much following that and the guy we got, seems awfully special.  

3.  The OL will be top 2 or 3 in the country.  The AZ JUCO kid could be fun to see if he can make the jump.  And we have depth!

4. The LB recruits are ridiculous.  If T Taylor's joins them - it will be the top class I predict.  

5.  We have Daniel Carlson's brother joining the ranks - who can kick 50 yarders TODAY.   I find that amazing.  

6.  Our DBs played much improved last year and, and we just got a coach in there who has coached 2 Thorpe awardees.  Heck on a bad D last year, I think his DBs picked 13 or 15 balls.  Sign me up - I am a pumped!

I too wish there was more opportunity for the DL, but this year is 'slim pickens'.  I don't know much about recruiting but looked around...I keep hearing we have a team that WILL compete for the SEC West next year.  Toss in the fact we won't be predictable on offense - we will be a VERY DANGEROUS and fun team to watch !     

We are in a great, great position.  WDE

Good Post Beaker.  Our RB class should not be ignored either.    

53 minutes ago, ellitor said:

That may not have been your intent but it came across as negative especially with the mocking sarcasm that was used in the post.

E, he might not necessarily been referring to a MOD, but WDE is treated like a mod and he is nothing but a pessimistic flake to the current staff.   I have no problem with opinions, but when the poster pushes his agenda as if he is an insider they need to be careful as to what they post.  

38 minutes ago, lala said:

E, he might not necessarily been referring to a MOD, but WDE is treated like a mod and he is nothing but a pessimistic flake to the current staff.   I have no problem with opinions, but when the poster pushes his agenda as if he is an insider they need to be careful as to what they post.  

You confused the 2 topics. What your taking about is the post PotPot made. The post you quoted in your reply was the overall negativity that permeates around here some times.

And if you go back & check I have replied to WDE some when he has, IMO, been over the top.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Differentiating the 2 doesn't matter. They are all obstacles our fan base puts in front of the staff on the recruiting trail is the point.

Any further discussion on it needs to be via PMx. If people feel the need to, they can gladly PM me.

This line of reasoning means that no one, ever, could post anything less than entirely positive on any subject. I'm about as positive as they come around here, but if calling a disappointment a disappointment ever becomes a no-no, there will be no need for this message board in a few short days.

On 1/28/2017 at 10:45 AM, augolf1716 said:

Class will be a very good class not our best in the last 8 years but overall fit our needs and we may still have a surprise at the end......B)

Yeah, but will it be earth shattering?

14 hours ago, Mikey said:

This line of reasoning means that no one, ever, could post anything less than entirely positive on any subject. I'm about as positive as they come around here, but if calling a disappointment a disappointment ever becomes a no-no, there will be no need for this message board in a few short days.

I find it peculiar that some make it sound like it is our board that causes these issues that only our staff has to deal with.  I think every school has the same issues so it really is a mute point when it comes to recruiting

38 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

I find it peculiar that some make it sound like it is our board that causes these issues that only our staff has to deal with.  I think every school has the same issues so it really is a mute point when it comes to recruiting

I peruse many boards. I don't see other fans permeate the negativity some of ours consistently do barring their team missing a big target or losing a big decommit or flip.

19 hours ago, ellitor said:

Another case of an AU reporter spilling the beans on a visit or plans before everything was over. Keith was going to sit on it til the OV was over out of respect for AU's wishes but another AU reporter had to do his thing which forced Keith's hand.

This type of stuff frustrates me.  It pretty much squashed any possible chance of pulling in DW as a steal, when his surprise visit was revealed.  It was likely a long shot anyways at that point, but killed it nonetheless. He had to reaffirm his commitment to Clemson to save grace. At least that's how I saw it.  Overall, I guess that happens when reporters are covering said school as a journalistic opportunity instead of covering a school they love, which I know is likely the case with most.  They got to earn a living I guess. 

Since uat has gotten some guy from our back yard, it's long over due that we'll sign a player from Tuscaloosa. I just wish we would get 1 or 2 more.

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

This type of stuff frustrates me.  It pretty much squashed any possible chance of pulling in DW as a steal, when his surprise visit was revealed.  It was likely a long shot anyways at that point, but killed it nonetheless. He had to reaffirm his commitment to Clemson to save grace. At least that's how I saw it.  Overall, I guess that happens when reporters are covering said school as a journalistic opportunity instead of covering a school they love, which I know is likely the case with most.  They got to earn a living I guess. 

Your talking about War Blogle. I'm talking about a guy who pays to cover the team.

On January 29, 2017 at 3:54 PM, AUBwins said:

I'm just glad journalists covering more important subjects don't take this approach you guys advocate. Their job is to report the news, it's on Auburn if they want to keep a secret. You all complain when you think UA writers are bowing to Saban's wishes...

On 1/28/2017 at 0:05 PM, ellitor said:

If you are asking about commits we are at 18 for this class. The juco RB decommitted & Bill Taylor will Blue Shirt & count in the 2018 class.

Is there a reason the coaches wouldn't go ahead and count BT for this year if we don't hit the 25 limit or get within a couple of it? I.E. once you go blueshirt do you have to stay a blue shirt?

40 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Is there a reason the coaches wouldn't go ahead and count BT for this year if we don't hit the 25 limit or get within a couple of it? I.E. once you go blueshirt do you have to stay a blue shirt?

1. Depends if the staff wants to fill that class with transfers. 2. No. A BS is technically a RS that did not sign a NLI. Once he enrolls in August he can count to either class.

Archived