2018 Recruiting

Jgarrett7

OK, so I know we are less than a week from signing day 2017. But this is usually the time of year we start hearing more about the 2018 class. I'm just wondering who some of our top targets and needs will be next cycle. Never too early to talk about next year, right?

5 minutes ago, Jgarrett7 said:

OK, so I know we are less than a week from signing day 2017. But this is usually the time of year we start hearing more about the 2018 class. I'm just wondering who some of our top targets and needs will be next cycle. Never too early to talk about next year, right?

1st Jr day is tomorrow. A list of names that will be visiting will come out today.

Here's a list of out possible top targets as AU 247 sees it.

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

1st Jr day is tomorrow. A list of names that will be visiting will come out today.

Here's a list of out possible top targets as AU 247 sees it.

Thanks for the info. Appreciate the info and all you do E. I thought I had read that this weekend was a Jr day. I don't have any premium accts so I get all my info from here. Looking forward to hearing more about these prospects after they visit. 

Obviously I want us to sign the best class possible, but I'd like to see some balance as well. This year we are not signing many DL, so I'm sure that will be an emphasis next year. What will be our other needs? I assume safety is one since we missed our top 2 targets there this year. 

17 minutes ago, Jgarrett7 said:

Obviously I want us to sign the best class possible, but I'd like to see some balance as well. This year we are not signing many DL, so I'm sure that will be an emphasis next year. What will be our other needs? I assume safety is one since we missed our top 2 targets there this year. 

I'd like to see us in the hunt for a top running back, next year. We need to continue stockpiling linebackers, too. Finally, we'll need receivers.  If any of last year's crop breaks out, 2018 could be their last year.

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

I'd like to see us in the hunt for a top running back, next year. We need to continue stockpiling linebackers, too. Finally, we'll need receivers.  If any of last year's crop breaks out, 2018 could be their last year.

I agree, wish we could get an elite RB. And what I meant by balance was that I like to sign players across the board every year. We should sign guys at every position every year and not wait until its a "need" to "stockpile". 

7 minutes ago, Jgarrett7 said:

QB- every year need

OL- Graduating 3 starters next year so need another class of 3 or 4

WR- High 4*s Justyn Ross & Jacob Copeland are both high on AU so need to snatch them up.

Buck if we miss on Bryant- Will need more than TD

LB-Gotta build depth

S-Graduating 3 starting or contributing SRs

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

QB- every year need

OL- Graduating 3 starters next year so need another class of 3 or 4

WR- High 4*s Justyn Ross & Jacob Copeland are both high on AU so need to snatch them up.

Buck if we miss on Bryant- Will need more than TD

LB-Gotta build depth

S-Graduating 3 starting or contributing SRs

Thanks again E, good info. 

1 hour ago, corchjay said:

All I know about 2018 is that we better get our tails into the state of Ga and work our tails off and get a few of the top 20 players.  

This is me "liking" my own post since I do truly believe it is the greatest recruiting "need" for this team and this staff going forward.

Archived