Last AU player from your High School

GwillMac6

As we are under a week from Signing day just wanted to see what player was the last Auburn Tiger your high school produced.  Jabrian Niles for my alma mater.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ellitor said:

I have 2 right now. Bubba & Golson.

lucky. both are studs.

My pops. Got injured, got a poor attitude and never played, but he signed and as far as I know was the last from my school to even sign a letter for AUburn football. 

I went to Columbus High School and the last player we even had go D1 in Football was Essang Bassey and he went to Wake Forest lol. I guess Frank Thomas counts right? Even though he technically went for Baseball? 

Dee Ford and I'm fairly sure he was the only Auburn player from my high school ever. 

Been a long time ago. Richard Plagge in 1964. There may have been others but I don't remember. Richard was a pretty good tailback for us and played for Buffalo for a while.

Kevin Sears LB before him James Stone, Mike Masingill, Colin Sears, Jimmy Woods, and me................................................................ except I was on the golf team

Arnoldo Abreu, OT, 1974 to '76. Prior to that was Hank Hall, DB 1965-'67. Southwest Miami Senior High. Then there was this swimming guy from Southwest, also coached a little bit, named David Marsh.....

Just now, Mikey said:

Arnoldo Abreu, OT, 1974 to '76. Prior to that was Hank Hall, DB 1965-'67. Southwest Miami Senior Sigh. Then there was this swimming guy from Southwest, also coached a little bit, named David Marsh.....

Who's he?????????????????????????????//

5 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Who's he?????????????????????????????//

Nobody much. He just coached Auburn teams to 10 national championships. Didn't do much at all. :)

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Nobody much. He just coached Auburn teams to 10 national championships. Didn't do much at all. :)

Hell only 10 did he do any good winning the SEC?? :dunno:

15 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Hell only 10 did he do any good winning the SEC?? :dunno:

16 men's in a row, plus 5 women's in there too. "Those were the days, my friend...."

55 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Kevin Sears LB before him James Stone, Mike Masingill, Colin Sears, Jimmy Woods, and me................................................................ except I was on the golf team

What were the golf clubs made of in those ancient times? sticks found in the woods?

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

What were the golf clubs made of in those ancient times? sticks found in the woods?

persimmon woods...............irons hictory shafts

Keymiya Harrell. I hate it didn't work out for him.  Probably the most well known big name to come out of my school (that didn't go to Auburn) was Michael Johnson that played for the Bengals.  We won't say where he went to college to save Golf the stress?  His old age can't take the heart palpitations :) 

Since we are naming all the Auburn players we know of who came from our high school not just the most recent the only other 2 I can think of is Gabe McKenzie (really thought he would be a good NFL tight end. HE was a athletic freak.) and Mike McNeil. (SORRY!)

12 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

I went to Columbus High School and the last player we even had go D1 in Football was Essang Bassey and he went to Wake Forest lol. I guess Frank Thomas counts right? Even though he technically went for Baseball? 

I saw Frank Thomas play in high school. Not only the biggest, but fastest and most athletic guy on the field. I think he went to AU to do both and then went just baseball after a year. Probably would have been HOF in football if he had done that.

Archived