Last AU player from your High School

GwillMac6

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Daphne High School. TJ Yeldon was committed, but we all know how that worked out. I think we had a long snapper on the team a couple of years ago, Johnathon Parslow. There's a catcher on the softball team committed to AU right now. That's all that I can think of. I went to Spanish Fort for a semester, and my buddies Reese Dismukes (football) and Rocky McCord (baseball) played at AU. 

2 minutes ago, WarEagle2423 said:

Daphne High School. TJ Yeldon was committed, but we all know how that worked out. I think we had a long snapper on the team a couple of years ago, Johnathon Parslow. There's a catcher on the softball team committed to AU right now. That's all that I can think of. I went to Spanish Fort for a semester, and my buddies Reese Dismukes (football) and Rocky McCord (baseball) played at AU. 

I remember reggie hunt signed with AU I do not believe he ever made it to campus.

Also, I moved to Daphne from Fort Payne, AL. I saw we had Alan Smith from there on the baseball team for a little bit, but he's no longer on the roster. Anyone know what happened to him? 

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I remember reggie hunt signed with AU I do not believe he ever made it on campus.

Yeah I think he winded up at Southern Miss. He helps run a gym in Daphne now that helps with some of the high school's athletic programs. 

Just now, WarEagle2423 said:

Yeah I think he winded up at Southern Miss. He helps run a gym in Daphne now that helps with the some of the high school's athletic programs. 

is he a Auburn fan?!

Not sure. That'll be a good question to ask him next time I see him though haha. 

Yes it would!  I always wonder these guys where it did not work out where they made it to Auburn if they end up being fans of us down the road or if they are bitter towards AU. I would love to know.

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

is he a Auburn fan?!

I do know Daphne's new coach and AD, Kenny King, played at Bama, so that may be an obstacle AU will have to get over if we recruit any Daphne kids. 

I do know Daphne's new coach and AD, Kenny King, played at Bama, so that may be an obstacle AU will have to get over if we recruit any Daphne kids. 

It seems like that is the case there no matter who the coach is. Vickery was as good as it was going to get for us when it comes to impartiality down there and they still got 2 blue chippers in yeldon and ryan anderson in the end.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

It seems like that is the case there no matter who the coach is. Vickery was as good as it was going to get for us when it comes to impartiality down there and they still got 2 blue chippers in yeldon and ryan anderson in the end.

Yeah, would've loved to see them in orange and blue. I wish we would've pursued my buddy from my class, Michael Pierce. He went to Tulane then Samford. This year he was a starting DT for the Ravens and named a top 10 rookie in the NFL. One of the most overlooked players I've ever seen. 

10 minutes ago, EclecticTiger said:

Jay Prosch 

Prior, I believe Jeremy Wells was a long snapper, but I'm uncertain if he came in on scholarship.

UMS Wright right? haha... Preston Dial and Brandon Gibson were all bama. 

2 minutes ago, EclecticTiger said:

There's no accounting for taste...

WORD man! Prosch did more for AU than those other 2 UMS alums combined.

3 hours ago, AubFanCT said:

BBall- Mustapha Heron

That, my friend, is a good one. He was phenomenal against TCU.

5 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

That, my friend, is a good one. He was phenomenal against TCU.

we will finally have our first NBA player drafted in over a decade with this group right here. maybe even multiple. feels good man! long time coming. Its pretty sad when your last drafted Auburn Tiger was JAMISON BREWER! haha

3 hours ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Go Bucs!

I would say Bucs suck but I can't since my Prattville Lions are arguably the worst team in 7A.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

I would say Bucs suck but I can't since my Prattville Lions are arguably the worst team in 7A.

I guess technically, by proxy of my kids, I am an Oak Mtn Eagle now! Lol 

On 1/28/2017 at 8:26 AM, The Plainsman said:

Reuben F... Oh wait..

Rashan Ev.... Oh wait...

Demarcus War..... Ratz...

Ace Adkins.... Yes!!!

Win Lyle... Yes!!!

Sage Ledbetter?

Trace Crowe (Golf) is a Soph. on the AU Golf team. He's the most recent and one of only a handful of student athletes to come to Auburn from Easley High. I don't know of any football players to sign with AU.

Archived