Last AU player from your High School

GwillMac6

16 hours ago, WarEagle2423 said:

I do know Daphne's new coach and AD, Kenny King, played at Bama, so that may be an obstacle AU will have to get over if we recruit any Daphne kids. 

really? I played basketball with his cousin Corey in high school. Kenny is a good dude.  Too bad he went to the turds.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going all the way back to 2010, there is only one kid from my school who made the recruiting rankings AT ALL... it's this year and he's an uncommitted 2-star. 

Prior to that only one kid from my home town made the recruiting rankings since 2010... it was last year, and he was a 3-star who went to West Virginia.

When I was in school, our QB got recruited by ASU... he was famous for starting the first game of his red shirt season, because the other 3 QBs were suspended, going 8 for 18 for less than 4 yards per attempt, 0 touchdowns, and 2 INTs... then being a back-up wide receiver for 2 years.

All of that being said... Steven Clark and Braden Smith are both from the metro I live in now... different schools... probably close to an hour apart.

Nice to read the success stories....my local HS is 2A and we have had 2 Div 1 players in the last 10 years... Air Force and Citadel. The kid at AF played  FB for 3 years and we saw him on TV a few times which was great to see.   But Wolverine football is fun to watch, the team is in the playoffs just about every year and  we turn out a lot of Div II kids.

JMO but this is real amateur football...guys playing because they love the game rather than looking forward to OVs and televised commitments about their "business decision".  Most or our better players are fortunate to get a partial scholarship offer to one school and end up at Brevard, Mars Hill, North Greenville, Wingate and the like.

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 0:25 AM, au_bsci_04 said:

Dad is a Uconn alum and grandparents lived in Waterbury before they passed.

au_bsci_04, I lived in Waterbury until I got married. Still live in CT. You ever visit Waterbury?

1 hour ago, AubFanCT said:

au_bsci_04, I lived in Waterbury until I got married. Still live in CT. You ever visit Waterbury?

Used to every Christmas but haven't in a while. I'll travel up a few times a year now for work.

21 hours ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Used to every Christmas but haven't in a while. I'll travel up a few times a year now for work.

That's great. I grew up a few streets up from Municipal Stadium in Waterbury in the bunker hill section. My parents still live there.  Small world.

I'm unaware of any players from my HS playing at Auburn but there was at least one AU coach who played there.  Guess it ain't much to brag about but Ted Roof graduated a few years ahead of me from Central Gwinnett HS in Lawrenceville, GA.  Home of the Black Knights.

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

I'm unaware of any players from my HS playing at Auburn but there was at least one AU coach who played there.  Guess it ain't much to brag about but Ted Roof graduated a few years ahead of me from Central Gwinnett HS in Lawrenceville, GA.  Home of the Black Knights.

Is that the stadium that has a castle like structure???

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

Is that the stadium that has a castle like structure???

It is but that was built long after I graduated.  When I played in the 80's it was a tiny yellow 2 story box with a black knight painted on it (our colors were black & gold).  We were a big (AAAAA) school at the time but our facilities were that of a AA school.  Now, I think they're a AA school with AAAAA facilities.

1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

It is but that was built long after I graduated.  When I played in the 80's it was a tiny yellow 2 story box with a black knight painted on it (our colors were black & gold).  We were a big (AAAAA) school at the time but our facilities were that of a AA school.  Now, I think they're a AA school with AAAAA facilities.

By the way love Roger Mitchell pictured in your avaitar knew him fairly well while at Auburn..............punt bama punt

3 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

I say it is!!! Roof always had amazing and awesome halftime adjustments in 2010!!! I will always be a fan of his. War Eagle ted roof!

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

I say it is!!! Roof always had amazing and awesome halftime adjustments in 2010!!! I will always be a fan of his. War Eagle ted roof!

It's funny, as a kid he was a hero of mine at Central (he actually was @ 8 years ahead of me) so I wasn't sure quite how I felt to watch him get run around, over & through by my then current hero, Mr. Bo Jackson, while TR was a member of "The Black Watch" at Ga. Tech.  

22 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Don't say that too loudly. Many of us got blasted for defending him.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/29/2017 at 5:04 PM, yesmartap said:

Pat Sullivan is the only one I can remember off the top of my head.

Pat's brother Joe also played QB at Auburn.  Did he not go to the same HS?

Michael Goggans, DE on the 2010-11 teams, was the last player from Benjamin Russell,I believe. Before him were Eric Brock (2006-7) and way back in the 50s, Red Phillips, who was alt. captain of the 1957 team. And I just remembered Bogue Miller, who played in the 60s.

On 2/26/2017 at 6:58 PM, OlderWhiskey said:

Pat's brother Joe also played QB at Auburn.  Did he not go to the same HS?

He did, along with others of the Sullivan tribe, and I forgot about him.  I can honestly say I have no idea what kind of career Joe had at Auburn.  Did he play any meaningful snaps?

36 minutes ago, yesmartap said:

He did, along with others of the Sullivan tribe, and I forgot about him.  I can honestly say I have no idea what kind of career Joe had at Auburn.  Did he play any meaningful snaps?

Passing

See below

Passing
Year School Conf Class Pos G Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
1980 Auburn SEC   QB 11 64 118 54.2 772 6.5 4.5 6 8 112.4
1981 Auburn SEC   QB 11 28 65 43.1 370 5.7 3.8 3 4 93.8
Career Auburn         92 183 50.3 1142 6.2 4.3 9 12 105.8

Player News

Rushing & Receiving

• * indicates bowl stats included
  •  
  • Share & more
    Rushing Receiving Scrimmage
Year School Conf Class Pos G Att Yds Avg TD Rec Yds Avg TD Plays Yds Avg TD
1980 Auburn SEC   QB 11 35 105 3.0 2         35 105 3.0 2
1981 Auburn SEC   QB 11 37 96 2.6 2 1 1 1.0 0 38 97 2.6 2
Career Auburn         72 201 2.8 4 1 1 1.0 0 73 202 2.8 4

Scoring

• * indicates bowl stats included
  •  
  • Share & more
    Touchdowns Kicking    
Year School Conf Class Pos G Rush Rec Int FR PR KR Oth Tot XPM FGM 2PM Sfty Pts
1980 Auburn SEC   QB 11 2             2         12
1981 Auburn SEC   QB 11 2 0           2         12
Career Auburn         4 0           4         24

Speaking of high schools and connections to  Auburn players isn't chino hills in cali where the Snow sisters from AU softball went and currently go to now the home of the now infamous Ball brothers of current UCLA basketball fame?

Archived