The terrorist have won

AUUSN

2 hours ago, AURaptor said:

And ? Seth McFarland ( and usn ) is attempting to make the claim that whites who mass murder aren't terrorists, but darker skinned people are. 

It's a comically brain dead and easily refutable bit. And that is the joke. It's SOO ridiculous that to say it is funny.  

But of course  you know this, so why don't you just stop the feigned dense act and get to insulting me.  We both know that's all you really have. 

Oftentimes the comedy comes from an exaggeration based on a real premise. But I don't expect a humorless hater to get that, so carry on.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And to use the Pentagon Hall of Heroes to sign this cowardly order is a flat out shame.

It was an unusual way to commemorate Holocaust Remembrance Day. President Trump arrived at the Pentagon Friday afternoon, conducted a ceremonial swearing in for his new defense secretary and then signed an executive order suspending refugee admissions from a bevy of war-stricken Middle East nations. 

The countries that the White House has zeroed in on were Syria, Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen. 

The edict that Trump signed in the Pentagon’s Hall of Heroes, which bears the names of the Medal of Honor recipients, was ostensibly intended to protect the nation from “foreign terrorist entry in the United States,” as the president put it. 

“That’s big stuff,” he boasted. 

Indeed it is. The United States is shutting its doors to desperate families who are trying to flee some of the most violent regions on earth. Meanwhile, American allies like the Saudi Arabia and the oil-rich Arab monarchies in the Persia Gulf have been left off the hit list. 

Ponder that for a moment. Trump invoked the specter of 9/11 at the very beginning of his remarks, but none of the countries the 9/11 hijackers came from are included in the new order.  

Trump's decision to sign an anti-refugee order at the Pentagon was not only inappropriate but a piece of political stagecraft that was intended to give the impression that his decree was a matter of national security. That was the same rational used during the Franklin Roosevelt administration to turn away boatloads of Jewish refugees, many of whom then died in the Holocaust. No surprise then that a number of Jewish groups criticized Trump for following through on his campaign pledge to conduct “extreme vetting” of Muslim refugees and to do so on a day devoted to recalling the Holocaust.

Trump’s edict is ungenerous in many ways. It would stop all entry from seven targeted Muslim countries for 90 days and all refugee admissions from these countries for 120 days. The ban on admitting Syrian refugees, whose plight is the most dire, is indefinite. Well over 400,000 people are been killed there.

The total number of refugees who will be admitted after vetting will be slashed to 50,000, which is less than half the number that the Obama administration allowed. Of these that get in, Christian refugees will be given priority, Trump told the Christian Broadcasting Network, setting up official religious criteria for refugee admission for the first time.

The plan is likely to backfire in numerous ways. Iraqis and Syrians who have worked as translators and advisers to American forces will have yet another hurdle if they want to leave for America. Many American families will not be able to host their own relatives. 

"Also shocking is that relatives of American families from Iran, Syria, Iraq, Sudan, Somalia and Yemen cannot even visit the United States," said Senator Dianne Feinstein, who is the ranking Democrat on the Homeland Security and the Senate Intelligence committees.  "I very much regret that the president has chosen this dark path for our country." 

Far from being weakened, radical groups in the Middle East will gain another recruiting tool: they will be able to depict the White House as an avowed enemy of Islam. 

James Mattis, the new defense secretary, had nothing to say Friday about the president's decision to use his agency as a stage for his decree. He was more frank last July after Trump floated the idea of banning Muslims from entering the United State. Asked at a seminar at the Hoover Institute how Middle East nations might react to talk of a ban, Mattis was blunt. 

“They think we’ve completely lost it," he said. "This kind of thing is causing us great damage right now, and it’s sending shock waves through this international system.“

https://thedcarena.com/articles/2017/1/27/americans-new-refugee-policy-the-opposite-of-love-is-not-hate-its-indifference

10 hours ago, AUUSN said:

C3OjGb1WIAArVyB.jpg:large

This is a Syrian refugee. Not long ago when this precious baby washed up on a beach in Turkey, America wept. Now America is banning refugees just like this little boy while marching in the streets carrrying signs that read "March for Life." I guess life only matters from conception to birth. And life certainly doesn't matter if you have the misfortune of being a refugee.

5 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

This is a Syrian refugee. Not long ago when this precious baby washed up on a beach in Turkey, America wept. Now America is banning refugees just like this little boy while marching in the streets carrrying signs that read "March for Life." I guess life only matters from conception to birth. And life certainly doesn't matter if you have the misfortune of being a refugee.

Refugees can just pretend to be Christians.

Some Republicans do it all the time...

10 minutes ago, AUUSN said:

That's been happening for a decade at least, I've started threads about this a few times over the past few years. It was complete and utter BS when Obama did it, and it's BS now. People who put their lives on the line for us over there are now being targeted, and our country doesn't give a crap.

Because the Jews in the late 1930's were so busy blowing up things and spraying bullets into nightclubs...oh,wait. That never happened. Ever. 

Shame on anyone trying to compare Anne Franke to the refugees , the 1000's of military aged rapey , kill happy Muslim men, in Europe. If she weren't denied by a Democrat then, she'd likely have been murdered by the Tsarnaev brothers, in the marathon bombing.  In BOSTON. 

Oh, and Charlie Hebdo called. Says they miss their fellow Parisians who were murdered by Islamo-nazi thugs. 

Post all the cute little pics you want, make as many false comparison as you wish,  it's time to do something proactive about it. THIS was why Trump was elected, after all.  Touchy feely sentiment  and hoping for the best isn't working.  

3 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

Because the Jews in the late 1930's were so busy blowing up things and spraying bullets into nightclubs...oh,wait. That never happened. Ever. 

Shame on anyone trying to compare Anne Franke to the refugees , the 1000's of military aged rapey , kill happy Muslim men, in Europe. If she weren't denied by a Democrat then, she'd likely have been murdered by the Tsarnaev brothers, in the marathon bombing.  In BOSTON. 

Oh, and Charlie Hebdo called. Says they miss their fellow Parisians who were murdered by Islamo-nazi thugs. 

Post all the cute little pics you want, make as many false comparison as you wish,  it's time to do something proactive about it. THIS was why Trump was elected, after all.  Touchy feely sentiment  and hoping for the best isn't working.  

I know Iraqis who have done more to serve OUR country than you, so spare me.

3 minutes ago, AUUSN said:

I know Iraqis who have done more to serve OUR country than you, so spare me.

Oh look ! A personal assault to try to deflect the issue !  And i know you believe that's the case, but it's irrelevant. 

10 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

Oh look ! A personal assault to try to deflect the issue !  And i know you believe that's the case, but it's irrelevant. 

There are Iraqis that put themselves at greater risk than me serving our country, so yeah, I stand by my statement. Truth hurts don't it?

13 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

But perhaps I should rethink my stance. 32681 posts is a huge contribution to the safety of our country.

Thanks for your service.

5 minutes ago, AUUSN said:

There are Iraqis that put themselves at greater risk than me serving our country, so yeah, I stand by my statement. Truth hurts don't it?

No, not really.  You claim they're serving OUR country, but the truth is, they aren't. They're serving their own country. their own self interests. Your attempt to belittle, insult and ridicule fellow Americans is really  pathetic. 

1 minute ago, AURaptor said:

No, not really.  You claim they're serving OUR country, but the truth is, they aren't. They're serving their own country. their own self interests. Your attempt to belittle, insult and ridicule fellow Americans is really  pathetic. 

Not fellow Americans.....just you.

Archived