TCU - Preview

JwgreDeux

Auburn vs. TCU (M Basketball)

Auburn (13-7, 3-5) vs. TCU (14-6, 3-5)

• Saturday, January 28th, 5:00PM CT
  • Fort Worth, TX (Schollmaier Arena)
  • ESPNU / WatchESPN

Well that wasn't the effort we were hoping for vs SC.  Now at 3-5 in the SEC, we are back in the bottom half, but with some winnable league games coming up. But first, our last non-con game of the regular season. The fact we lost badly on the road to a ranked team doesn't hurt the post season resume as much as our pride. Our RPI is sitting at 72 and a win here would work wonders on that number. So what better way to bounce back than a road game vs a top 30 RPI team in TCU?

This won't be much of an in-depth preview as I have been unplugged for a few days, but will give some general thoughts. I like the way we matchup vs TCU better than SC. TCU is a balanced scoring team who plays a similar style of ball to AU. That should allow our young players to feel more comfortable on the road. It is imperative we get off to a good start, the Purdue and SC went bad from the get go. Even though I like Harper, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Johnson early in this one, starting or being the first off the bench if things don't start well. Hopefully the defensive effort will be better, I was genuinely surprised that we played so poorly vs SC after the way we closed the bama game, but youth can be unpredictable. 

This is a big weekend for the SEC. We need some wins in this BIG12/SEC challenge to help everyone in the league. This weekend could go a long way to determining the number of teams we get in the dance and other postseason tourneys. More is better. 

I hope our Dr. Jekyll turns into Mr. Hyde for this one. 

Thanks for the info on TCU. I knew nothing about them and have not seen them play. Let's hope our young team is ready to win this one. After that big loss maybe they will be motivated to redeem themselves.

• Like 1