TCU Postgame

jared52

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great road win...disappointing last 4 minutes....

Nothing to be disappointed about. Road win bs a top 35 RPI team. Huge win. Huge win. Huge win. 

Resume win. 

they have just got to learn how to close out a win....damn, they went completely brain dead in the last 4 minutes.....don't say "young" either.......they know better and it was not a proper finish to a game tyhat would have been the best played game of the year....they played a great 36 minute game, though

11 minutes ago, tombigbeetiger said:

they have just got to learn how to close out a win....damn, they went completely brain dead in the last 4 minutes.....don't say "young" either.......they know better and it was not a proper finish to a game tyhat would have been the best played game of the year....they played a great 36 minute game, though

I couldn't agree more...the "young" excuse only carries water for so long, sometime this season they are going to have to "grow up."  The mistakes being made with basic fundamentals has got to get better sometime this season, right?

Im happy they got the win and want to see them continue to grow as a team.  This team is bound to do great things.

Sure is fun watching Wiley get better every game. Everything I wanted and more. 

There were issues for sure, but we WON the game. Did I mention it was on the road vs top 35 RPI team? 

It also was the last win for the SEC to tie the Big 12 in the challenge. This is the first year we didn't lose. Kentucky and ole miss faltered late, but we didn't. The entire SEC should thank us for that win for the conference.

This was a huge win. Enjoy it. 

AU could have done better with the ball late. Brown and Heron forced a couple of shots when they could have run 20-25 more seconds off the clock. But then you get the complaints that AU is just trying to hang on instead of going for the kill. But it didn't take away from the outstanding second half as AU built a good sized lead on the road against a good opponent. This was a big win, and none of it disappointing. Good teams are going to make late runs at home. AU did well enough to but so space between them and TCU. That's commendable and exciting. 

Bottom line is this could turn out to be a huge win in turning around our program. It's not where we want to be by any means but we are a real contender for an NIT bid & making that tourney would be a positive.

GREAT win, Auburn!! This was a surprising win to me... especially after we got our teeth kicked in on Tuesday. Great resiliency! I would like to see Bruce use those three timeouts towards the end of the game when we started turning the ball over and losing focus on defense. Still hard to complain about a huge road win like that one!

This team that Bruce has put together is so much better than what we've been fielding for almost the past decade and a half it's not even funny. Our athletism is far superior than it's been since the Doc and Porter days that when it's clicking, we roll. Gonna still have ups and downs but I'll take this any day over the more recent Barbee debacle. Perspective friends perspective. 

we looked so good tonight. Don't know if we can look much better the rest of the way. I have a quick question. Would it be a bad idea to start Mac? I like how Horace is playing but I think Mac and Wiley could be a great duo. If guys keep driving and dishing to them under the goal we can't be stopped most of the time

16 minutes ago, au302 said:

God we looked so good tonight. Don't know if we can look much better the rest of the way. I have a quick question. Would it be a bad idea to start Mac? I like how Horace is playing but I think Mac and Wiley could be a great duo. If guys keep driving and dishing to them under the goal we can't be stopped most of the time

Mac has been a very pleasant surprise for me! I too think he should start alongside Wiley. I'm very anxious to see how good these guys can be next year! There have been several bumps in the road and "learning experiences", but I hope it will help this team grow into monsters for next year. 

We are now 60th in RPI and have 4 winable SEC games waiting. For all of those that didn't jump off the ledge after the SC game, this could get real fun soon. 

2 hours ago, tombigbeetiger said:

I totally agree. The last four minutes they played like a bad church team.

2 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

Mac has been a very pleasant surprise for me! I too think he should start alongside Wiley. I'm very anxious to see how good these guys can be next year! There have been several bumps in the road and "learning experiences", but I hope it will help this team grow into monsters for next year. 

Agreed. I'm very, very impressed. I thought he'd be a good defender but he's also been able to rebound, block shots, and score a lot. His field goal percentage is very good too which shows he can finish around the rim. Good start for him. These freshmen have scary potential

The way I see some of you jump from the high to low.....I literally laugh at loud. Great win. I'm just going to restate over and over, we're going to win games you didn't think and we're going to let down as well.....And as far as young excuse for so long comment....that doesn't make sense with this team. Yeah they've played some games they've also had a major player hurt and added, while also yeah they've played games but every game isn't close at the end. You have to be in those situations, really you need a couple of times ....But when EVERYBODY is infecte inexperienced no you can't rush and say being young doesn't matter anymore...

1 hour ago, JwgreDeux said:

We are now 60th in RPI and have 4 winable SEC games waiting. For all of those that didn't jump off the ledge after the SC game, this could get real fun soon. 

I'd like to have the Boston College and UGA games back about right now. Those two games as W's sure would have helped at this point. 

36 minutes ago, cole256 said:

The way I see some of you jump from the high to low.....I literally laugh at loud. Great win. I'm just going to restate over and over, we're going to win games you didn't think and we're going to let down as well.....And as far as young excuse for so long comment....that doesn't make sense with this team. Yeah they've played some games they've also had a major player hurt and added, while also yeah they've played games but every game isn't close at the end. You have to be in those situations, really you need a couple of times ....But when EVERYBODY is infecte inexperienced no you can't rush and say being young doesn't matter anymore...

Your right. A lot of us (myself included) get way too excited when things go well and way too poorly when things go wrong. I guess it's a combination of knowing how much potential these guys have and then the frustration of wanting to be good after having such a bad team for over a decade. 

2 hours ago, JwgreDeux said:

All of them left are winnable.

Just curious...is there more going on with DP than just his ankle....last few games he's played lots of minutes and had almost no impact other than inability to guard his man?  

That forced shot at the end of the game with 20 seconds on the shot clock and game winding down was bothersome.   Does not seem to be the same guy who started the season and looked so good. 

11 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Just curious...is there more going on with DP than just his ankle....last few games he's played lots of minutes and had almost no impact other than inability to guard his man?  

That forced shot at the end of the game with 20 seconds on the shot clock and game winding down was bothersome.   Does not seem to be the same guy who started the season and looked so good. 

No, not at all.  I am sure you have noticed that the offense is run more inside out now and you also know that an ankle injury is slow to heal especially when it comes to explosiveness. Rolls change from game to game pending on the team we are playing and matchups.  

Archived