TCU Postgame

jared52

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Gotta remember. The committee likes those neutral wins too. Combined record on the road & neutral we are 6-5. That's an attractive record for the committee. If we can win 8 of 12 counting playing 2 SEC Tourney games winning at least 3 on the road or at a neutral site then we will have a shot. That would make us 9-9 on road & neutral sites which like I said before is attractive to the committee. All our remaining road games are winnable. It would be nice to go ahead & win 3 of those 5 to make things very interesting provided we don't lose more than 1 at home the rest of the way. At the moment TCU on the read is a quality win & our best win. Beating Texas Tech, being in the top 100, on a neutral floor is considered quality too.

I'm sure you are right about those two... but that's a pretty low standard IMO....and the wins over UConn and Okie can't count for much.   

The game tonight will be a big indicator I guess....and would be a big win.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, gravejd said:

Texas Tech and TCU wins are not just quality wins. They are very impressive wins as well. Those are both fringe top 25 teams. Sucks UCONN and OK aren't winning more games or we could count those as well. Though i think you could argue that a road win against UCONN is quality even if their record is not great

Tech's not considered an impressive win right now. Their RPI is 74.

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

I'm sure you are right about those two... but that's a pretty low standard IMO....and the wins over UConn and Okie can't count for much.   

The game tonight will be a big indicator I guess....and would be a big win.

Well 68 teams make it including 37 at large bids so the standards are go to be pretty low on the fringe teams.

thats surprising with their record and wins against a couple top 25 teams. They must have played a pretty weak OOC schedule

2 minutes ago, gravejd said:

thats surprising with their record and wins against a couple top 25 teams. They must have played a pretty weak OOC schedule

It is. 319 out of a possible 330 something teams.

21 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Gotta remember. The committee likes those neutral wins too. Combined record on the road & neutral we are 6-5. That's an attractive record for the committee. If we can win 8 of 12 counting playing 2 SEC Tourney games winning at least 3 on the road or at a neutral site then we will have a shot. That would make us 9-9 on road & neutral sites which like I said before is attractive to the committee. All our remaining road games are winnable. It would be nice to go ahead & win 3 of those 5 to make things very interesting provided we don't lose more than 1 at home the rest of the way. At the moment TCU on the read is a quality win & our best win. Beating Texas Tech, being in the top 100, on a neutral floor is considered quality too.

Something else to consider is that the committee looks at things like injuries, late season play, etc... So the addition of Wiley will help us with the BC loss, the injury to Purifoy will help with those two losses. We close strong and we will have a number of things in our favor. 

Archived