Last huge surprise recruit that signed with AU?

gr82b4au

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Someone that nobody was expecting. 

Avery Young on NSD in 2012. By the time it got to his announcement most thought it was UGA or UF.

Also that year Patrick Miller was a shock. He was all set to be an EE at LSU but when January classes started he was at AU instead.

5 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Was it Monty Adams?

No. AU was trending big from the moment he headed to AU for his last OV.

Just now, SumterAubie said:

Although he ultimately went to bamr, Cyrus Kouandjio commitment on NSD was as big a surprise as could be imagined.

For most. I was told a month in advance it was happening.

I was surprised when we actually landed the #1 player in the country (Cowart), live on tv, and when he (finally) signed the paperwork. 

2 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

I was surprised when we actually landed the #1 player in the country (Cowart), live on tv, and when he (finally) signed the paperwork. 

We were trending the whole last month before NSD, although his HC tried to make it interesting.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

That's a question for @augolf1716 @bigbird and @WarDamnEagleWDE. I did not follow as closely then and it surprised me. My general impression was we felt good for a while but became a toss up on NSD.

if memory serves me at my age??? I do believe you are correct

19 minutes ago, ellitor said:

That's a question for @augolf1716 @bigbird and @WarDamnEagleWDE. I did not follow as closely then and it surprised me. My general impression was we felt good for a while but became a toss up on NSD.

He went back and forth for a while and in the end it was definitely a surprise.

I thought Elijah Daniel was a surprise. Seems like we lost a high recruit on signing day and picked him up on signing day.

25 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

I thought Elijah Daniel was a surprise. Seems like we lost a high recruit on signing day and picked him up on signing day.

He was trending the last weekend. We let Bowers go to take ED.

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

me

Don't think they rated recruits with stars in the 60's. Sorry man.

Deangelo benton was a huge surprise on nsd for me! I admit I did not follow as closely as I do now but that was a fun moment for AU at the time.

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Deangelo benton was a huge surprise on nsd for me! I admit I did not follow as closely as I do now but that was a fun moment for AU at the time.

He was a NSD surprise. We were trying hard to get Reuben Randle.

14 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Don't think they rated recruits with stars in the 60's. Sorry man.

Key word surprise not star's numnuts.......I was all set for The OSU at the last minute my big brother threatened to kick my ass if I did not go to AU.  I had already told the AU golf coach were I was going. He were happy when I flipped

The rest of the story is history you do understand we're talking golf recruiting. The OP did not specfy which sport

8 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Keep word surprise not star's numnuts.......I was all set for The OSU at the last minute my big brother threatened to kick my ass if I did not go to AU.  I had already told the AU golf coach were I was going. He were happy when I flipped

The rest of the story is history you do understand we're talking golf recruiting. The OP did not specfy which sport

ok, I understand, but my nuts are not numb.

1 minute ago, ArgoEagle said:

ok, I understand, but my nuts are not numb.

Lord there is so so much I could say but I would have to ban myself....................................:timeout:

Archived