Men vs. Tennessee - Game Thread

WarTiger

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody but Harper wants to play and we didn't establish Wiley which means we are taking a ton of terrible shots

Harper is feeling it.  He almost yoked him.  I wish the others were playing with his effort. 

DP ...still injured?  just not in the game for the most part....mostly no defense and not scoring either.....the guy has too much talent to be playing so poorly. 

Too much one-on-one basketball. We can't get it back on one possession! The freshman are trying to make the spectacular play instead of making the smart, disciplined play. Pearl had to reel these guys in! Way too many offensive fouls and stupid turnovers too... Defense needs to step up in the 2nd half to give us a chance.

Now this is the Auburn team I am accustomed to seeing. Can't shoot, can't rebound, can't play defense, not to mention big tournament implications. But Auburn it's one step forward, two steps back.

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

DP ...still injured?  just not in the game for the most part....mostly no defense and not scoring either.....the guy has too much talent to be playing so poorly. 

I think being out last year slowed his development a little. He gets to three happy and needs to work on his overall game. Would be nice if he played defense too

This team has no middle or balance. They are either really , really good or really, really bad.

Lets hope for a much better 2nd half.

Out-classed from the opening tip...  No effort, no patience or communication... very selfish basketball.  Just disappointing...

15 foot jump shots are killing us.  Contested or not, they've (literally) hit all their jumpers...  we haven't come close.

worst defensive team we had had in a long time. Shocking really. I don't understand it. Just not giving the effort. I would have loved to play against this team in college. They give people so much space. 

Maybe we play better in half 2. We need a 12-0 run to get going. 

Getting Wiley going or at least frequent trips to the FT line gets everyone else open shots outside and Wiley was MIA in the 1st

this is gonna anger people but I'm sick of Chuck Person as "defensive coordinator." I don't care if they shoot out of their minds but we shouldn't be giving up this many points. He needs to make adjustments or give up his duties imho

Archived