Men vs. Tennessee - Game Thread

WarTiger

2 minutes ago, au302 said:

this is gonna anger people but I'm sick of Chuck Person as "defensive coordinator." I don't care if they shoot out of their minds but we shouldn't be giving up this many points. He needs to make adjustments or give up his duties imho

I've shared this opinion now since a few games into conference play. Even in our wins, the defense doesn't look too much improved—we just get lucky in catching the other team in an off night.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, au302 said:

this is gonna anger people but I'm sick of Chuck Person as "defensive coordinator." I don't care if they shoot out of their minds but we shouldn't be giving up this many points. He needs to make adjustments or give up his duties imho

Defense is effort tho...

It doesn't matter what adjustments are made, if we don't hustle, you'll see the same result.

Case in point... They moved Purifoy to the block.  He still gave up 2 easy lay-ups because he just refuses to play hard... (injured or not, no excuse to be lazy)

Just now, AUTigersfan89 said:

I've shared this opinion now since a few games into conference play. Even in our wins, the defense doesn't look too much improved—we just get lucky in catching the other team in an off night.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one upset. This is unacceptable. I'm not saying we should fire him but if he doesn't get it together BP should take over and then reassess after the season

So, from here either keep in within 15 or so, but never really make a threat to get close. OR, we grow some balls and figure out  way to win this. I'm sick of feeling like the only thing to motivate this team is a loss.

5 minutes ago, AUTigersfan89 said:

lay off chuck, you don't coach in the NBA as long as he did without being a good coach...defense is effort and attitude, and these young guys don't get it yet....they will, but it will probably be next year

UT is a better team than their record indicates...played a very difficult schedule.....lost close to some very good teams and some good wins too.   They are just better than AU and our guys don't handle adversity very well.  .....Harper working hard but can't get more than 2 or 3 guys at a time to put forth a complete effort. 

We have played bad but they've hit some ridiculously hard shots. I wish we'd run the offense. You can tell how much better we are when we show down and do it

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

UT is a better team than their record indicates...played a very difficult schedule.....lost close to some very good teams and some good wins too.   They are just better than AU and our guys don't handle adversity very well.  .....Harper working hard but can't get more than 2 or 3 guys at a time to put forth a complete effort. 

There are a lot of things this team doesn't handle well. I know, just wait until next year.

4 minutes ago, tombigbeetiger said:

lay off chuck, you don't coach in the NBA as long as he did without being a good coach...defense is effort and attitude, and these young guys don't get it yet....they will, but it will probably be next year

Just for the record, he had a pretty checkered coaching career in the NBA and spent as much time in Admin as coaching.  Plus, coaching  / teaching college kids is an entirely different thing...but no matter....we have to judge by the results of his work which thus far is not that great...JMO. 

Just wreckless basketball for the majority of the night.

Archived