UT Postgame

jared52

5 hours ago, FoundationEagle said:

Maybe the players can let the fans know ahead of time which games they are actually going to give full effort in and this could be alleviated?  It's also disheartening for fans to pay their money and spend their own precious time to come watch a team that gives up in the first half.  Keep the attitude going of low effort on the court and calling out fans and there won't be any fans. How ungrateful can a player be?  Personally to me, a player calling out fans almost guarantees less fan support in hard times. Who in their right mind is going to support a player that is supposed to have senior leadership and be able to help keep the team from complete and total meltdowns every other game but doesn't and in return attacks the fans?  He just lost my vote for team leader.  Fans aren't automatic guarantees. They are earned.  Just sayin

No team can guarantee anything. Maybe you need a lesson in fandom from Cubs fans who stuck by their team no matter what. This is a rebuilding phase for AU basketball and just because a bunch of people have unrealistic expectations doesn't mean the team shouldn't have support. I'm sure Dunans will survive without your pettiness.

I'm a huge Bruce Pearl fan, but this team that played last night looked unprepared, undisciplined, and very poorly coached. It seemed like we were just playing through whoever had the hot hand with one-on-one basketball instead of playing as a team.

It's also troubling to see that Pearl is not calling timeouts when we have a string of bad possessions where these guys make foolish turnovers by trying to make the spectacular play or take an ill-advised shot. IMO he needs to start calling timeouts when he sees these guys trying to force it and fall back into their bad habits. 

I know there are going to be growing pains with these young players. But it's so frustrating to take one step forward and two steps back. We have to start learning from our mistakes and make incremental improvements every game. Let's hope that starts Saturday in Tuscaloosa. War Eagle!

4 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

No team can guarantee anything. Maybe you need a lesson in fandom from Cubs fans who stuck by their team no matter what. This is a rebuilding phase for AU basketball and just because a bunch of people have unrealistic expectations doesn't mean the team shouldn't have support. I'm sure Dunans will survive without your pettiness.

Dunans need to stay off Twitter and focus more on playing better and being a leader on the team. If he's more worried about the fans being frustrated over the team's performance then that doesn't speak well of where the program is at right now and that we may not be heading in the right direction.  I wouldn't like it had one of our Freshmen player's tweeted that out but the fact that one of our only Senior's on the team did it, makes me even more disappointed about it.

The fans have largely come out to support a losing the program the last 3 years under Bruce Pearl and have packed the arena. So to blame the fans on the team's performance or lash out about fans leaving early is looking for excuses. We never packed Beard-Eaves unless we actually had a good team like under Cliff or it was a rivalry game against Alabama or we were playing Kentucky. The fans have continued to fill Auburn Arena despite all the losing.

5 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Dunans need to stay off Twitter and focus more on playing better and being a leader on the team. If he's more worried about the fans being frustrated over the team's performance then that doesn't speak well of where the program is at right now and that we may not be heading in the right direction.  I wouldn't like it had one of our Freshmen player's tweeted that out but the fact that one of our only Senior's on the team did it, makes me even more disappointed about it.

The fans have largely come out to support a losing the program the last 3 years under Bruce Pearl and have packed the arena. So to blame the fans on the team's performance or lash out about fans leaving early is looking for excuses. We never packed Beard-Eaves unless we actually had a good team like under Cliff or it was a rivalry game against Alabama or we were playing Kentucky. The fans have continued to fill Auburn Arena despite all the losing.

^^^^ this.  Seniors attacking fans on social media is what's petty. It proves only severe lack of leadership. A true leader would apologize to the fans instead of attacking them. Dunans has officially lost a lot of respect at the moment. As I said before, fans are earned not guaranteed. Save me the speech about being a better fan.   Most people have a million things in life that matter more than being a fan of a bunch of 20 year old kids theyve never even met.  If they want better fans, be a better team. Respect the fact that fans have supported you even though in a third of the games it appears to be a court full of selfish prima donnas not interested in sticking to the game plan and more focused on making a highlight reel.  Want better fans?  Play like a team. Appreciate the fans you have instead of calling them out for leaving early (when they were already there in a weeknight to support YOU)  Be a leader. Take responsibility. Don't cry on social media and exacerbate the situation.   As far as being like the bears fans................... this is from THIS season  

http://beargoggleson.com/2016/11/29/chicago-bears-empty-seats-send-message-ownership/

I don't like fans communicating negatively with players or players communicating negatively with fans. Especially on social media. All it does is make the situation worse and makes everyone (especially AUBURN) look bad.

Some fans live and die with wins and losses just like the players do. Take your frustrations out on twitter, that's fine just don't @ the players.

that being said, im sure CBP and the team are just as mad as we are. That was a very meaningful game for the team and the team we were expecting did not show up. i think it's obvious we have to pass the ball around more. If getting Wiley the ball is our game plan, it needs to be more than Harper to Heron on the wing and then an entry pass from heron to Wiley in the post, that caused so many turnovers. the lack of assists was appalling 

Archived