NSD 2017 discussion thread

ellitor

NSD is this Wednesday, February 1st. Recruits can fax NLIs in as early as 6 AM their local time. In this post we will be adding names as AU confirms each NLI. The next post will have Info on how to watch AU NSD coverage, as well as how to follow on social media. Lastly there will be a NSD 2017 Discussion Thread starting Tuesday night for posters to chat about the recruits.

January Enrollies

QB (JUCO) Jarrett Stidham

OG/C Nick Brahms

CB Malcolm Askew

LB Kenney "KJ" Britt

TE Juco Salvatore "Sal" Cannella

QB Malik Willis

LB Chandler Wooten

DT Tashawn Manning

Signed Sealed & Delivered

OT Calvin Ashley

TE/HB John Samuel Shenker

WR Noah "Iggy" Igbinoghene

OT Austin Troxell

RB Alaric Williams

DT Tyrone Truesdel

RB Devan Barrett

S Jordyn Peters

LB Tadarian "TD" Moultry

K Anders Carlson

SDE/DT Alec Jackson

S Traivon Leonard

LS Bill Taylor

DB Carlito Gonzalez

ATH/S Jartarvious Whitlow

DE/Buck Markaviest Bryant

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How to watch & follow AU NSD 2017 coverage

AUBURN, Ala. --  Auburn Athletics will produce a six-hour live television show and provide multi-platform digital and social media coverage for the 2017 National Signing Day presented by Regions on Wednesday, Feb. 1. The show will be simulcast on AuburnTigers.com, WatchESPN and the official mobile application. AuburnTigers.com will provide official signee information, video highlights, features and more at Auburn Signing Day Central. Auburn’s official mobile app will provide live notifications of each signee.

THE TELEVISION SHOW: The broadcast will provide Auburn fans unparalleled access inside team headquarters from 7-11 a.m. CT, keeping fans updated on the arrival of the national letters of intent. The show will pick up again at 2 p.m. CT, recapping the morning events and airing head coach Gus Malzahn’s live press conference at 3 p.m. CT.  

The show will be produced in-house by Auburn's War Eagle Productions and include wall-to-wall coverage for six hours direct from the Jordan-Hare Stadium. Rod Bramblett and Andy Burcham will host the event, along with commentary from former Auburn standouts Ronnie Brown, Jason Campbell, Nosa Eguae and Stan White. Auburn in-house senior writer Jeff Shearer will also have live interviews from inside the Auburn football facility with coverage of the coaching staff.

Fans can watch free online at AuburnTigers.com from desktops, laptops and mobile devices anywhere in the world. The broadcast will simultaneously air across ESPN platforms via WatchESPN.

SOCIAL MEDIA: Auburn's official social media platforms will bring the excitement of Signing Day to fans around the world with live coverage on Twitter, SnapChat, Instagram and Facebook.

spacer.gif

HASHTAG: Auburn Athletics will be using the #AUNSD17 hashtag to join conversations during 2017 signing day.

MOBILE APP: The official Auburn Athletics mobile applications will provide a live stream of the signing day show, and push out live notifications directly to the smartphone of those who have turned on location and push notifications. Nissan has also developed an app for fans to find their “game face.” Choose your favorite college, design and paint your face and share on social media.

PRESS CONFERENCE: Coach Malzahn will meet with the media to recap Signing Day in a press conference streamed live on AuburnTigers.com beginning at 3 p.m. CT. 

Auburn can officially announce signees after their National Letters of Intent are received and verified.

Signing Day Wednesday, Feb. 1

Signing Day Show live from 7 - 11 a.m. CT (simulcast on AuburnTigers.com, WatchESPN)
Signing Day Recap Show from 2 - 4 p.m. CT, will air Gus Malzahn’s press conference live at 3 p.m. CT (streamed on AuburnTigers.com, WatchESPN)

Official Coverage
AuburnTigers.com (all desktop, laptop and mobile devices)
WatchESPN | Devices 
Official Auburn Athletics Mobile Application
Nissan Game Face Mobile App

Official Social Media Coverage 
Twitter: @AuburnTigers | @AuburnFootball
SnapChat: AuburnSnap
Instagram: AuburnTigers
Facebook: AuburnTigers | FootballAU

WE are trending down with everybody but Truesdell.

No matter how upset you get today please be respectful to players & each other in your posts. Thanks!

Signed LOI (updated as they come in)
Jarrett Stidham (enrolled in January)
KJ Britt (enrolled in January)
Malcolm Askew (enrolled in January)
Sal Cannella (enrolled in January)
Chandler Wooten (enrolled in January)
Malik Willis (enrolled in January)
Nick Brahms (enrolled in January)
Calvin Ashley
John Samuel Shenker
Alaric Williams
Noah Igbinoghene
Austin Troxell
Tyrone Truesdell
Devan Barrett
Jordyn Peters
Tadarian Moultry
Anders Carlson
Alec Jackson
Traivon Leonard
Bill Taylor

Commits not yet signed
Carlito Gonzalez

Targets
Markaviest Bryant

welp let me head over to the meltdown threat then. :sad2:

I'm looking forward to @augolf1716's surprise recruit to save the day.

We'll have a solid class that fills a lot of needs and two elite players at prime positions in Stidham and Ashley.  We can survive one lackluster to good year after top ten classes basically the last 8 years.  We've got to start producing on the field though, and get back on the top ten recruiting bandwagon next year if we're going to turn this around.

The upcoming year is gonna be make or break for GM and Auburn.

29 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

I'm looking forward to @augolf1716's surprise recruit to save the day.

We'll have a solid class that fills a lot of needs and two elite players at prime positions in Stidham and Ashley.  We can survive one lackluster to good year after top ten classes basically the last 8 years.  We've got to start producing on the field though, and get back on the top ten recruiting bandwagon next year if we're going to turn this around.

The upcoming year is gonna be make or break for GM and Auburn.

all we need is 1 big time recruit to suprise pop for AU and it will really ease the misses we have had down the stretch.

We can miss em all...I honestly don't care.  I watched a team play with more skill, heart, and desire last year than I have since the Cam team.  They were legitimately ONE player away from a title contending team.  We got that one player...AND we got the best LB and best OL out there.  We also got another 17 guys that would kill to go to battle in O&B.  My cupboard is full and happy.  This is the first signing day in memory that I honestly don't care about.  Bring on 2017.

1 minute ago, muxi87 said:

We can miss em all...I honestly don't care.  I watched a team play with more skill, heart, and desire last year than I have since the Cam team.  They were legitimately ONE player away from a title contending team.  We got that one player...AND we got the best LB and best OL out there.  We also got another 17 guys that would kill to go to battle in O&B.  My cupboard is full and happy.  This is the first signing day in memory that I honestly don't care about.  Bring on 2017.

TO MUCH SUNSHINE!!!!! MY EYES!!!!! #WDE

No inside info but I would expect possibly 1 flip to us, 1 unexpected, and probably some one not even on the radar...  Just how it seems to go on NSD.  Good class already but doubt it can get to great up and down the list without some massive surprises today.  QB, OL, RB, LB were success so far this year, DB, DL, WR a little light.  DB is the biggest concern but I expect us to try to find a grad transfer or so that wants to try the SEC out to try to improve his stock in his senior season so probably a couple spots left open for grad transfers to be expected.  

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

@ellitor, perhaps as the LOI's come in you could update your first post with the signees and who is still out there for us.

I think E is taking the day off from message boards...too burnt out....headed to the beach or something.

I am a sunshine Pumper We have Stidham, Ashley and TD Moultry I think all three are elite players we have two other really good LB's and once our other two O-Line guys heal and Redshirt for a year we have two more potential starters on the O-line. Add that to the bumper crop we had last year at WR and D-Line and the returning players and we should be good.

This is where Chip will earn his salary the only weak area on O is O-line and that is only weak because it will be a new unit with 2-3 new starters the replacements will be talented but it takes time for an O-line to meld. Hopefully he will mix in the plays in a way that will keep the D honest and help his O-Line while they are developing.

3 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

Once i see td moultry and devan barretts LOI I'll relax today.

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS. I think devan barrett is the best offensive player in this class besides Stidham. He is going to be a stud.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS. I think devan barrett is the best offensive player in this class besides Stidham. He is going to be a stud.

Hard to compare a running back to an offensive tackle.

Archived