NSD 2017 discussion thread

ellitor

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He should've just done what Darius Philon did. Go ball out at another school and get your shot at an NFL contract. I can't tell if I'm anti-Bama biased here but it just seems, on the surface, that he's making an illogical decision after they totally disrespected him and embarassed/brought him to tears during the biggest moment of his young life.

7 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Family was in his ear all day, said being a backup at Bama is better than a starter anywhere else. Bought into the illusion. Oh well. 

He's not even a backup. He's a kid with a promise of a scholarship from a certified snake oil salesman.

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

He should've just done what Darius Philon did. Go ball out at another school and get your shot at an NFL contract. I can't tell if I'm anti-Bama biased here but it just seems, on the surface, that he's making an illogical decision after they totally disrespected him and embarassed/brought him to tears during the biggest moment of his young life.

Stockholm Syndrome.

4 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

And Saban will probably retire or leave before the kid even starts... apparently they didn't watch a clemson walk on win the national championship. Sad 

I wish!

8 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Family was in his ear all day, said being a backup at Bama is better than a starter anywhere else. Bought into the illusion. Oh well. 

But wouldn't he be like a backup to the backup to the backup?

If a spot doesn't open up, I hope it's confirmed that his family chose to pay tuition to be a backup to the backup to the backup. 

So, moving beyond talking about a kid who no one expected to sign with us actually not signing with us, are we done for the day?

If so, what do y'all think about the class overall?

Who's our best get on O and D?

Holes we didn't quite fill?

War Eagle!

1 minute ago, AUbritt said:

So, moving beyond talking about a kid who no one expected to sign with us actually not signing with us, are we done for the day?

If so, what do y'all think about the class overall?

Who's our best get on O and D?

Holes we didn't quite fill?

War Eagle!

I think it's a very good class, not elite.  Consensus 10th ranked, but that's only good for 5th in the SEC. 

Best get on offense:  clearly Jarrett Stidham.  Best get on defense:  TD Moultry.

We could have used more pass rushers.  Bryant kept it from being a complete whiff which was huge.

3 minutes ago, AUbritt said:

I don't think his not signing with us is the point. You have to admit, for an athlete of his supposed caliber to GREYSHIRT for anyone is a seemingly odd decision. His decision not to sign with anyone else, where he would likely be able to play from the get-go and make that deal with $aban is what we're not necessarily buying.  

Sort of surprised that WE didn't get any 5 star rated players (Stidham not withstanding) in this class. Not that I think it was a bad class at all.

42 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Well crap! I thought we had a shot at Parks. Cannot comprehend why he not only would agree to greyshirt, but to do it at a school that just pulled the rug out from under you.

Exactly! They pull the kids scholarship and promise, then he turns around and gray shirts with them? 

Just now, TitanTiger said:

I think it's a very good class, not elite.  Consensus 10th ranked, but that's only good for 5th in the SEC. 

Best get on offense:  clearly Jarrett Stidham.  Best get on defense:  TD Moultry.

We could have used more pass rushers.  Bryant kept it from being a complete whiff which was huge.

I agree on best gets. No complaining about top 10 classes from me, either.

Who's ahead of us in the SEC?

Bama, UGA, LSU? Who else?

9 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

But wouldn't he be like a backup to the backup to the backup?

If a spot doesn't open up, I hope it's confirmed that his family chose to pay tuition to be a backup to the backup to the backup. 

He will be a backup to a backup to the scout team.

Just now, AUbritt said:

I agree on best gets. No complaining about top 10 classes from me, either.

Who's ahead of us in the SEC?

Bama, UGA, LSU? Who else?

A&M

39 minutes ago, mikeholiday said:

But why would you take the risk of paying somebody when you wouldn't even offer them a real scholarship. 

Face it, dude is a classic chump. 

What risk?

I'm excited about the class!

They seem to bond already AND although there was unexpected drama, I think the fact that these kids already enrolled/committed to us and remained loyal is commendable. I really like EE and believe it pays off. 

I do not know enough about the specific needs our team needed, but glad that we filled most of them (I think)?

Although I am a Sunshine Pumper, I do think Gus is trying to build his program and I am glad we have some depth. Optimistic for a good 2017 that will be a positive direction for us in years to come. 

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

A&M

Well, it would be nice for us to be #1 in the SEC, and for none of our annual opponents to be ahead of us. With Bama on their current roll, taking #1 will be difficult.

We need to beat UGA on the field something fierce!

Just now, AUbritt said:

Well, it would be nice for us to be #1 in the SEC, and for none of our annual opponents to be ahead of us. With Bama on their current roll, taking #1 will be difficult.

We need to beat UGA on the field something fierce!

I wasn't so much saying it had to be #1 or bust, but to be 5th in your conference and 4th in your own division - that has to improve.

Just now, TitanTiger said:

I wasn't so much saying it had to be #1 or bust, but to be 5th in your conference and 4th in your own division - that has to improve.

Yeah, I wasn't disagreeing with you.

I just want to recruit well enough to be able to beat anyone we play. That's really all you can ask for.

Archived