NSD 2017 discussion thread

ellitor

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/3/2017 at 11:30 AM, metafour said:

Any football player that earns a scholarship to Auburn will have learned how to catch a football as a pre-teen.  There are no "magic techniques" to catching a football; therefore to suggest that a WR coach is going to come in and significantly change drop rate in either direction is asinine.  For a guy who claims he knows so much about football, Mikey is clueless.  There are a few rare cases wherein a guy can be taught to do something differently; but an entire team does not have drop-issues because the WR coach doesn't know how to teach the complicated art of catching a football.  Most receivers who drop balls will do so throughout their entire career.  Terrell Owens is a HOF receiver and he was among the league leaders in drops every season he played; he also played under multiple coaches and no one could "fix" his drop issues.

Our drop issues are a direct result of a lack of repetition and a piss-poor amount of balls thrown.  This is a flaw in Malzahn's offense, which is why you are now hearing so much about Lindsey bringing more passing elements.  Our receivers spend far too much time blocking in practice, then they spend all game blocking and you expect them to catch every one of the few balls that actually come their way? Some of these guys go ~2 game stretches without even having a ball thrown at them.

Ever notice how Air Raid teams never have any issues whatsoever with dropped balls? Its repetition; those guys catch hundreds of balls in practice thus when they actually get into a game scenario its like they're sleep walking.

Hmmmmm sounds like somebody I know. What's funny is some of the people that like this post argued with me about it

On 2/10/2017 at 7:14 AM, cole256 said:

Hmmmmm sounds like somebody I know. What's funny is some of the people that like this post argued with me about it

Cole you still working in  my area? Didn't know if you were still in Chatt ?

1 minute ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Wow, didn't you work with TVA or something with power plants?

Yeah and I was going to school, but I graduated and was offered the position I went to school for so I took it. I hope whenever TVA hire another class I can get back home one day

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Yeah and I was going to school, but I graduated and was offered the position I went to school for so I took it. I hope whenever TVA hire another class I can get back home one day

Our plant here just sold for 12millon to a Chattanooga company and will begin construction. I'm talking about Bellfonte. That's something you should look into. 

27 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Our plant here just sold for 12millon to a Chattanooga company and will begin construction. I'm talking about Bellfonte. That's something you should look into. 

Yeah I know about that, it will take some time to get it running. Hopefully by then I'll be experienced enough to be in management by then

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Yeah I know about that, it will take some time to get it running. Hopefully by then I'll be experienced enough to be in management by then

Maybe so, I would like to do some welding at the plant. I'm a welder, also schooled in electrical maintenance. To be honest I would care if they hired me to just do lawn maintenance lol. It would be very close to home & I could continue my college.

8 hours ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Maybe so, I would like to do some welding at the plant. I'm a welder, also schooled in electrical maintenance. To be honest I would care if they hired me to just do lawn maintenance lol. It would be very close to home & I could continue my college.

Yeah I'm in operations and if I have my licence I'm sure I'd get hired.

Archived