NSD 2017 discussion thread

ellitor

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

2A Back of the Year. 

From OAN:

In his senior season, the 6-foot, 205-pound athlete was quite literally a do-it-all weapon for LaFayette. Whitlow completed 94 of 162 passing for 2,292 yards, 29 touchdowns and eight interceptions. He also ran 152 carries times for 2,147 yards and 30 touchdowns to help lead the Bulldogs to their first perfect regular season and the third round of the 2A playoffs. With Whitlow leading the way, LaFayette’s offense generated 642 points in 2016, which set a new program record for points in a season.

Whitlow even kicked and returned for the Bulldogs, averaging 49.7 yards per kickoff and 42.8 yards per punt. As a returner, he averaged 31.1 yards on kickoffs, 36.6 yards on punts and had three total touchdowns on returns.

Kid is a winner....

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Great news! Now instead of our ranking tanking to 15 maybe we can hover around 11 or 12. Joke joke joke. Excited about this kid...now our staff needs to keep working on Parks and we might actually have a great class.

Just now, corchjay said:

Go check out his film.  He's the best on the field always but looks fluid as well.

I have. Quick out of breaks and fluid hips.

@bigbird @corchjay With Whitlow and Alaric Williams both in the class, seems more likely that one or the other is going to flip to Safety, right? I mean, Williams was considered a pretty big time prospect on both sides of the ball, and both guys seem cut from the Slot Receiver/RB mold (kinda like how we intended to use Roc). Any idea who you'd prefer to see on the defensive side if that happens?

I really didn't get to keep up with recruiting like I usually do, how are we doing? Preferably someone that's not a we didn't want him anyway guy

Just now, passthebiscuits said:

Great for Garner, but Fountain worked hard on this one. Just throwing him some love, k.

Very hard...but it paid off.

Just now, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Agree but Steele has to get some credit for the defensive culture he created this past year. 

Culture muschamp - fundamentals Steele

1 minute ago, passthebiscuits said:

Great for Garner, but Fountain worked hard on this one. Just throwing him some love, k.

Don't forget Coach Felton. :)

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I really didn't get to keep up with recruiting like I usually do, how are we doing? Preferably someone that's not a we didn't want him anyway guy

We did pretty well. Johnson commiting to Stanford stung, Taylor to LSU stung, and losing Hunter with McGriff stung. Getting Bryant was a big get and a pleasant surprise and Parks getting passed over by Bama opens the door for him too. Otherwise, we have hit most of our wants.

Just now, bigbird said:

We did pretty well. Johnson commuting to Stanford stung, Taylor to LSU stung, and losing Hunter with McGriff stung. Getting Bryant was a big get and a pleasant surprise and Parks getting passed over by Bama opens the door for him too. Otherwise, we have hit most of our wants.

With Ruggs committing to Bama they're running out of room for Parks, we've got a chance 

Anyone hearing any other "surprises". Not hearing anything else in my end with the few contacts I have but they aren't in the university system but in the high schools.  

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

Anyone hearing any other "surprises". Not hearing anything else in my end with the few contacts I have but they aren't in the university system but in the high schools.  

I don't expect any. There is only 1 spot left in the class.

Archived