2017 3* WR/KR JaTarvious Whitlow Signs with AU

WarDamnEagleWDE

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, bigbird said:

I would rather have AW or JW. To me AW seems the most versatile but JW has great size for the position and seems to like contact.

I hope it's whitlow. AW can easily be a 6'1", 225 pound RB given he is already 6'1", 210. I like the idea of him being the next physical big RB. Also with his hands he has the potential to work out for us like Ronnie Brown.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I said this in the DP thread, but it's better said in his own thread. With all the RB recruiting issues, since he has already been moved over to the RB's and he is 6' 216, why don't we just redshirt him, giving him a year in the system, year in the weight room and he could count for this years big back to go along with the Worm. He was a 3 time all state and a RB of the year. 

4 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

I said this in the DP thread, but it's better said in his own thread. With all the RB recruiting issues, since he has already been moved over to the RB's and he is 6' 216, why don't we just redshirt him, giving him a year in the system, year in the weight room and he could count for this years big back to go along with the Worm. He was a 3 time all state and a RB of the year. 

I thought he played QB in high school.

He may end up a great RB, but it will require teaching him things he doesn't already know how to do I think. 

14 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

He may end up a great RB, but it will require teaching him things he doesn't already know how to do I think. 

He did and why are you up pass your bedtime?

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Thus the redshirt year that was mentioned above as part of the plan.

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

Thus the redshirt year that was mentioned above as part of the plan.

Oh, I got that. It's just that there seems to be an assumption that we can depend on him to become something he hasn't yet been, which I disagree with. Maybe he can, maybe he can't.

I support our coaches still trying to get a guy who is already a skilled running back as opposed to a guy who has the metrics but not the experience.

His Senior year he had 2,147 yds rushing and 2, 292 passing to go with 62 TD's. So running the ball is not a new concept. 

Eveyone is worried we did not get Teague, Pierce, looking like we are not getting Martin, Joiner is really a TE and Cook never gonna happen. 

I say we already have a horse in the barn! He is 6' 216, already practicing. Redshirt him. Use the Scholly for another OL, DL, LB, WR and let's move on. What say U?

2 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

His Senior year he had 2,147 yds rushing and 2, 292 passing to go with 62 TD's. So running the ball is not a new concept. 

Eveyone is worried we did not get Teague, Pierce, looking like we are not getting Martin, Joiner is really a TE and Cook never gonna happen. 

I say we already have a horse in the barn! He is 6' 216, already practicing. Redshirt him. Use the Scholly for another OL, DL, LB, WR and let's move on. What say U?

I say I hope he ends up breaking records as an Auburn RB but I also hope we take out an insurance policy in this recruiting class. 

As for his rushing stats as a high school QB, that's a lot different than being a college RB. The most obvious difference would be that he probably never had to block as a QB, but there are plenty more differences. 

One more thing, which is pure conjecture: maybe Whitlow is the reason that the staff feels they only need one traditionally framed back in this class?

21 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I say I hope he ends up breaking records as an Auburn RB but I also hope we take out an insurance policy in this recruiting class. 

As for his rushing stats as a high school QB, that's a lot different than being a college RB. The most obvious difference would be that he probably never had to block as a QB, but there are plenty more differences. 

One more thing, which is pure conjecture: maybe Whitlow is the reason that the staff feels they only need one traditionally framed back in this class?

This. And running from the QB position is a lot different than pounding it up the middle play after play. 

Archived