Clemson #17 composite in recruiting rankings

thaitopher

2 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Blows my mind how they could be ranked so low just after winning the National Championship. Did Dabo take the off-season off?

Nope. Their plan the whole time was to take only about 15. Not sure why their numbers are like that but that's what their reporters have been saying for a while. The more important number is the grade per recruit average & they are 5 in the nation in that catagory.

Interesting that next year they also have only a dozen or so slots....at least right now.  Not sure how they got that way but sounds like their attrition is much lower than AU and many other schools.  Careful recruiting of players they need I guess. 

22 hours ago, thaitopher said:

Blows my mind how they could be ranked so low just after winning the National Championship. Did Dabo take the off-season off?

Typically, you don't get the full affect of the NC bump until the following year.

18 minutes ago, TheBeachTigger said:

Typically, you don't get the full affect of the NC bump until the following year.

True, but at the same time, with back-to-back trips, they should have done better this year. Guess Carolina is just hard to recruit.

27 minutes ago, TheBeachTigger said:

Actually it's 4 classes out. I've done the research.

9 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

True, but at the same time, with back-to-back trips, they should have done better this year. Guess Carolina is just hard to recruit.

5th in per player ranking is pretty dang good, especially if they only intended to take 15. 

Just now, Barnacle said:

5th in per player ranking is pretty dang good, especially if they only intended to take 15. 

True... not sure why they only intended to take 15... Side by side, Auburn had 3 more overall players on the team, last year, and 2 more Freshmen than Clemson.  When drop seniors, the total numbers are only off by 1.  Not only that, but they had several Juniors leave early... Doesn't make sense to me, but then again, I don't follow Clemson.

Dabo is a damn good coach with a damn good staff. It will be interesting to see how he does without D Watson. 

wde

FWIW I talked to the Clemson 247 recruiting reporter & he said they only signed 15 because that's all they had room for under the 85 limit. Apparently Dabo doesn't process players much.

30 minutes ago, ellitor said:

FWIW I talked to the Clemson 247 recruiting reporter & he said they only signed 15 because that's all they had room for under the 85 limit. Apparently Dabo doesn't process players much.

Heard him a while back mention this number and indicate that next year will be similar....apparently does not process many and I guess has lots of red shirts too. Nice for him to have stability in the line-up and experienced depth coming along. 

I hate that we have so much turnover and seems no matter how many guys we bring in...we are always a young team with inexperienced players in key positions. 

1 hour ago, AUIH1 said:

Dabo is a damn good coach with a damn good staff. It will be interesting to see how he does without D Watson. 

wde

I dunno how he will do till trevor lawrence out of georgia gets here but he is the number 1 rated overall player for 2018 on some services and he is a QB. They have had 6 years of stud qb play. I doubt it will be any different. They seem to be one of the best teams in the country in signing elite QB and WRs. O and of course developing them as well.

Archived