Biggest needs

bigbird

46 minutes ago, ellitor said:

The staff may choose to do anyway since it did not meet a couple of needs it had on the board.

Can you elaborate on what they feel they didn't meet?  Pass rusher? O-line?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aren't we talking about one slot here? We signed 23, not including Manning, who made it 24. We only had one left, unless my "counter" is off and if it is we'd have two slots left.

On 2/2/2017 at 11:25 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

AU is on a few QB's in 2018. 

I'd be just as happy with Gerry Bohanon except he doesn't have a fraction of JGs recruiting ability. 

I hope coach Lindsey is a top coach/recruiter when it comes to getting the 5-star QB's. But for now, I can't wait to see how well he coaches Barrett, Stidham, White, Franklin and Willis up and get the best out of them for every game.

8 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

I hope coach Lindsey is a top coach/recruiter when it comes to getting the 5-star QB's. But for now, I can't wait to see how well he coaches Barrett, Stidham, White, Franklin and Willis up and get the best out of them for every game.

You forgot Queen>:(

13 hours ago, Mikey said:

Aren't we talking about one slot here? We signed 23, not including Manning, who made it 24. We only had one left, unless my "counter" is off and if it is we'd have two slots left.

We don't know yet. Bill Taylor may still be a blue shirt candidate. I may be wrong when I said the other day that he has to count in this class. If he signed an NLI that would be the case but if he just signed financial aid papers he could be blue shirted & counted in the 2018 numbers. Signing Financial Aid papers is another way that allows the school to publicly comment on a recruit as AU did with Bill Taylor on NSD. Another aspect is there are conflicting reports on whether Stephen Davis Jr was a walk on or scholly or not as a first year player. If he was on scholly & if he no longer on the team his enrolled spot from the 2016 class could be replaced by 1 of the January enrollies from last month since he will not have finished 1 full academic year.

So depending on the reality of those 2 situations we have anywhere from 1 to 3 spots left assuming the entire class enrolls.

On 2/3/2017 at 1:07 PM, oracle79 said:

Can you elaborate on what they feel they didn't meet?  Pass rusher? O-line?

a 4th OL, preference was a juco, a 3rd safety, a 2nd WR, & a 4th LB. Whether AU would take a GT at any of those spots would depend on how the players at those positions develop in the Spring for us. Of those I think a GT is most likely but I don't necessarily feel it is likely. I will say that since we don't have much depth at the Buck with Holland struggling against the run & Bryant maybe needing to red shirt to put on some weight I could see us going for a GT Buck if a quality one comes available.

11 hours ago, au_bsci_04 said:

I'd be just as happy with Gerry Bohanon except he doesn't have a fraction of JGs recruiting ability. 

& we are recruiting him as an ATH at the moment.

Archived