Dameyune Craig fired

TitanTiger

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weren't you the one referring to DC as the  "common denominator" a few days ago? 

Well, maybe Gus wasn't the one to blame for this situation after all.

7 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Wow ... "fired".

relieved of his duties with the Tigers” [without clarification]

per

http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=211449932

Sooooo...Craig leaves AU to position himself for a job with more responsibility. The coach he left us for was fired 4 or 5 games in. Then his replacement fires him and now DC's out of a job. Does anyone else feel like both parties took Ls here in the short run? We downgraded with DC's replacement and DC downgraded big time by attaching himself to someone who had an equally hot seat as the guy who he left and now is looking for someone to pick him up. 

Lets see how it shakes out. Hopefully Kodi blossoms into a stud WR coach and great recruiter ASAP and Chip Lindsey is an amazing OC/QB developer meaning we made all the right decisions by keeping Lashlee as a lame duck for a year at the expense of agitating Craig off to the point of leaving.

I hope he finds  a new gig that he can be successful in. If there was just a position for just recruiting coordinator, he would fit that job very well.

If he's announced as the new _____ coach at another school, within the next 3-4 days, then it was a mutual parting of the ways. If not, then it may prove that Gus isn't the only one who has trouble working with him. I do find it telling that everyone waits until AFTER signing day to send him on his way.

I know it's million dollar bid'ness, but Orgeron just revealed a little more of what he's about in my opinion.  Dang that's brutal, I assume he was at least doing some recruiting through yesterday.  As I recall, that's always been Craig's calling card, right?  Mobile got less important now that the crazy cajun is in charge.

Nobody doubts his recruiting skills but might it be that some folks over-rate him as a coach?    I haven't followed his career to any extent but hard to find some examples of his good work as a WR coach.   None the less....expect he will land somewhere suitable....if only because of his ability to attract talent. 

4 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

If he's announced as the new _____ coach at another school, within the next 3-4 days, then it was a mutual parting of the ways. If not, then it may prove that Gus isn't the only one who has trouble working with him. I do find it telling that everyone waits until AFTER signing day to send him on his way.

There's a reason he's been looking around.  He was basically told it would be a good idea.  That's not a mutual parting of ways.

30 minutes ago, AUMASTERS said:

Should have been recruiting instead of job hunting.

He was actually doing quite well in recruiting.  He was encouraged to be looking.

no. You don't refer to it as a firing if he was going to take another job. He simply would resign to take another job.

He simply was hired by Ogeron's predecessor and the new coach usually fires all the old coaches.

35 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

Weren't you the one referring to DC as the  "common denominator" a few days ago? 

Well, maybe Gus wasn't the one to blame for this situation after all.

Yeah.  I'd love to have CDC back if only for the recruiting part of it.  But he needs to think long and hard about why Jimbo and Gus didn't fight to keep him and now Orgeron has canned him.  That's three straight places that have found that dealing with him behind the scenes isn't worth the recruiting prowess he brings to the table.  He needs to do some serious self examination and learn a different approach to people. 

I'd also suggest that if he's not happy as a position coach and wants to move toward an OC role, he needs to step down to a lower tier school to do it.

2 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

no. You don't refer to it as a firing if he was going to take another job. He simply would resign to take another job.

He simply was hired by Ogeron's predecessor and the new coach usually fires all the old coaches.

But Orgeron didn't fire all the old coaches.  

He'll be employed again soon we all know. Is O running him off because of his assumed discontent or because he knows he has taken another job and pissed because he isn't staying and wants to be an ass about it? 

As long as he doesn't goto Bama. They won't get a boost from his recruiting or coaching -- how do you truly improve from the string of #1 classes and consistent success? But he gives a reputable face to negative recruiting of prospects and their families. He knows AU. But worst of all, for this particular case, he can talk all the **** he wants about AU,Gus, the program, and how it's being run and say he knows this for a fact because he worked here under this regime for 3 full years. Please someone far away from the south hire him. 

Archived