AU expected to hire Felton

GwillMac6

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good looking out  @ausoldiergrad 

3 minutes ago, triangletiger said:

If I was cynical, I might ask whether this was part of the deal to get Markeviest Bryant to sign with us.  

Good thing I'm not cynical. 

I really do not care that we did this! I love it in fact. Win at all costs. Love the dedication to winning. That new rule has not passed yet so go for it. Plus we REALLY needed him and this is not the first time this has happened to ensure a recruit. Just playing the game.

I think H. Nutt was at Ark-mart and did something similar one time...  brought in 4 top instate players along with their hs coach.  Once he got the players he turned on his new OC because he was winning games with his offense and getting credit and the old preacher Nutt's ego couldn't handle it.

Its not an unprecedented move.

Gus bus 

Just now, corchjay said:

I think H. Nutt was at Ark-mart and did something similar one time...  brought in 4 top instate players along with their hs coach.  Once he got the players he turned on his new OC because he was winning games with his offense and getting credit and the old preacher Nutt's ego couldn't handle it.

Its not an unprecedented move.

Gus bus 

he went a step way above this and hired gus as his OC thats a huge step up for a guy with no college coaching experience. Glad we just hired this guy as a analyst.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I really do not care! I love it in fact. Win at all costs. Love the dedication to winning. That new rule has not passed yet so go for it. Plus we REALLY needed him and this is not the first time this has happened to ensure a recruit. 

GWill love you bro but I'm pretty sure Auburn will never be a "win at all cost" school 

Just now, corchjay said:

GWill love you bro but I'm pretty sure Auburn will never be a "win at all cost" school 

haha when compared to west vance NO but no one else is. We win at all costs in the grey area and within the rules. We are not exactly vanderbilt over here either but yes I unfortunately see your point.

3 minutes ago, AUcivE09 said:

I hope this happens more often. AU needs a little dirt under their nails on the 'cruitin trail.

I concur.

well this just got interesting.

So either he's not coming or this will be another Tommy Tubbervile "only way I'm leaving ole miss is in a pine box" quote the media will use against us forever. 

2 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

So either he's not coming or this will be another Tommy Tubbervile "only way I'm leaving ole miss is in a pine box" quote the media will use against us forever. 

if it also nets us Quay Walker next year then it will be well worth it!

1 hour ago, damabama said:

another high school coach. smdh

A lot of college coaches have began their careers as HS coaches.  FTR, Baylor completely saved their class by hiring a bunch of HS coaches. Believe it or not some know quite a bit and are pretty good coaches.

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

A lot of college coaches have began their careers as HS coaches.  FTR, Baylor completely saved their class by hiring a bunch of HS coaches. Believe it or not some know quite a bit and are pretty good coaches.

YEAH...what he said...

Who is this Propst  I keep hearing about?

Hmmm, how did GM get his first college coaching position?  Dang, I can't remember.

You'd have a lot more high school coaches making the transition to college if Gerry Faust hadn't crashed and burned at Notre Dame.  Gave all high school coaches a bad name for about 25 years.

There are good ones out there.  Too bad it takes them having a good/great player to get noticed for jobs at the college level.

8 hours ago, damabama said:

another high school coach. smdh

Just an FYI most offensive & defensive analysts everywhere are hired from being high school HCs.

Win at all cost folks need to read the new releases from Baylor/Briles bs...  Check it out in the rivals section.  That's exactly where winning means more then character.  

15 hours ago, triangletiger said:

If I was cynical, I might ask whether this was part of the deal to get Markeviest Bryant to sign with us.  

Good thing I'm not cynical. 

Felton will be a on the field assistant coach withing the next 5 years somewhere in the SEC. He is a very good coach. But I'm sure it didn't hurt AU's chances. 

Archived