AU expected to hire Felton

GwillMac6

JUST TO BE CLEAR

Felton told multiple people a week ago there was no truth to this. As far as I know nothing has changed since then. Pretty sure this topic is officially a rumor that has been debunked until any new info arises. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder who started the rumor that Auburn was expected to hire Felton. If we go to 10 assist coaches next fall then maybe we could still go after him or Tray Rocker. Tracy could be named Co-Defensive Coordinator by helping Kevin Steele.

55 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Wonder who started the rumor that Auburn was expected to hire Felton. If we go to 10 assist coaches next fall then maybe we could still go after him or Tray Rocker. Tracy could be named Co-Defensive Coordinator by helping Kevin Steele.

Or could offer Chizik since he is already going to be in town.  Not that I think he would take it since he does want to spend more family time, just a good D coach that would already be in town.

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Did Harbaugh do this kind of attention grabbing, line pushing stuff at Stanford? Or did he just arrive in Ann Arbor throwing punches?

I do not seem to recall him doing so.  That said, the culture, tolerance, and expectations at Stanford are obviously very different from those at Michigan.

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Did Harbaugh do this kind of attention grabbing, line pushing stuff at Stanford? Or did he just arrive in Ann Arbor throwing punches?

You know... part of me appreciates Harbaugh for making things happen, but part of me thinks he's kind of a jerk for looking at a rule and finding just how to get around it while publicly giving the finger to every other team out there. I appreciate people who can succeed without taking the easy way out.

On 2/13/2017 at 5:21 PM, lionheartkc said:

You know... part of me appreciates Harbaugh for making things happen, but part of me thinks he's kind of a jerk for looking at a rule and finding just how to get around it while publicly giving the finger to every other team out there. I appreciate people who can succeed without taking the easy way out.

harbaugh is a elite nfl coach just messing around in college right now biding time collecting a heck of a paycheck and also winning 10 games every year so far. He is bored waiting for that next great nfl job so he is having some fun. O and he is legit a crazy person as well. I love how he pushes peoples buttons though.

On 2/8/2017 at 11:52 PM, Potatooooooes!! said:

What if we hire him and say it's cause we like him? You know, wait a few months...say there's no connection...picking up what I'm putting down?

The way the proposed rule is worded, we'd be in violation. Why a school might hire a guy doesn't matter. If the new hire is a former recruit's coach, you're in violation of the rule.

11 hours ago, Mikey said:

The way the proposed rule is worded, we'd be in violation. Why a school might hire a guy doesn't matter. If the new hire is a former recruit's coach, you're in violation of the rule.

I don't expect that rule to be passed. The NCAA can not rule who you can or can't hire remember when they pass the rule limiting what you can pay people well that came back and bit them on the ass in big $$ lawsuits. I expect the same would happen with this type of rule. jmo

Archived