2018 4* LB Quay Walker

ellitor

17 minutes ago, Mikey said:

No matter who is in his ear, UT fans and sites are notorious for being wildly over optimistic about their chances for anything, recruits even more so than in other areas. Even when they do get one, their chances have been vastly overstated prior to the guy's signing with them.

While true, WFE's tweet comes from UT 247 reporter Ryan Callahan & he usually doesn't over estimate things like their fans. The Vols are a serious threat & Keith has said the same FWIW.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Walker: While committed to Alabama, Vols are a serious threat, AU feels good about our chances, UGA a factor.... How does this guy decide who to tackle?

So to clarify he's going to flip city no matter what right? Very little chance he stays with Bama?

4 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

So to clarify he's going to flip city no matter what right?

There are no "no matter whats" in recruiting until the NLI is faxed in & approved by the school that gets it, especially when it comes to Bama.

5 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Very little chance he stays with Bama?

Not necessarily. He could still land at any one of Bama, AU, UGA, or the Vols. Bams are still confident they keep him FWIW

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Bams are still confident they keep him FWIW

Are they ever not confident that they keep\get whomever they want?  Of course if he flips then they didn't want him anyway.

Last I saw, read, etc said Quay was seriously considering the Vols. Quay was quoted saying he really trusts their coaching staff. I gotta think this one may be leaning in another direction away from AU. Hopefully, we still have time to sway him.

3 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Last I saw, read, etc said Quay was seriously considering the Vols. Quay was quoted saying he really trusts their coaching staff. I gotta think this one may be leaning in another direction away from AU. Hopefully, we still have time to sway him.

Of course we have time...  We are currently his last OV.  As long as he doesn't pull the trigger between now and then, I would assume we have time.  Now, how likely is he to go with AU?  That is a whole other matter

What Quay Walker visit change means for Auburn

Benjamin Wolk

Quay Walker will change the order he takes his visits.

The 4-star linebacker from Crisp County (Ga.) took an official visit to Tennessee over the weekend. He left with a new visit schedule in place. Instead of going to Georgia next weekend as originally planned, he’s going back to Alabama next weekend, which will coincide with the Crimson Tide’s national championship celebration. That’s great news for Alabama and unsettling news for the rest of his suitors.

That visit change moves Georgia to the end of his schedule on Feb. 2

Auburn’s position on his schedule won’t alter. The Tigers will host Walker on Jan. 26, as always planned. And I think that perfectly describes Walker’s relationship with Auburn and its coaching staff, specifically Travis Williams. Things have often changed between Walker and other programs, but his connection to Williams and the Tigers hasn’t wavered since the beginning.

Williams is close to the family, so Auburn will be a major factor in this one until the end.

Crap!

6 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Crap!

I don't see a big problem with this. We are still hosting Walker on the 26th, which is what we wanted all along. In spite of the hoopla, his recruiters at UAT are gone from there. This will be a good test of whether recruiting is really about "relationships" or not. If it's true, we're in the driver's seat.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

I don't see a big problem with this. We are still hosting Walker on the 26th, which is what we wanted all along. In spite of the hoopla, his recruiters at UAT are gone from there. This will be a good test of whether recruiting is really about "relationships" or not. If it's true, we're in the driver's seat.

Yes exactly what I was going to say "test"...All this relationship talk will be put to it in that bama visit especially...right during their celebration...smh

9 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Well it's not an all encompassing thing like that applying to every recruit but it does apply quite often.

Why do I get the feeling he will be a guy everyone says he is going to flip and never does?! lol. People have basically said he would not stick with bama since he committed there.

Quay Walker needs to walk on over to the light. Where's our bag man?

26 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Why do I get the feeling he will be a guy everyone says he is going to flip and never does?! lol. People have basically said he would not stick with bama since he committed there.

I could also see every team being extremely confident that they'll sign him even without him formally changing his comittment. 

Just now, gctiger said:

I could also see every team being extremely confident that they'll sign him even without him formally changing his comittment. 

Right on man. I def could see that as well. This one is going down to signing day for sure. No one may know till that NLI arrives at whichever school.

1 hour ago, AU80cruiser said:

WDEwde said walker is coming and I'm holding on to that with both hands white knuckled until the fax comes in. WDE

I wonder how much of that was based on us hiring Shelton Felton as our 10th assistant coach...

3 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

I wonder how much of that was based on us hiring Shelton Felton as our 10th assistant coach...

Never heard him speculate on Felton as the 10th coach FWIW.

Alabama is bleeding linebackers at the moment.  They desperately need to keep him with Brown transferring out so this doesn’t surprise me.  Also if he doesn’t choose us, I would like to see him at Tennessee.  We want Tennessee and Florida to build back up and South Carolina to be a wild card so the East cannibalizes themselves like the West has done for years.  No more cake walks for UGA.  

2 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

WDEwde said walker is coming and I'm holding on to that with both hands white knuckled until the fax comes in. WDE

Yeah some people around here were so sure we would get Justin Fields remember? I'm holding out hope but I know these things aren't certain.

I think there's something telling about the end of that article. Funny enough we have been the most stable team in his recruitment. Us being last is reassuring to me.

It would be somewhat funny if he ended up committing to somewhere like UCF :beer2:

58 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I think there's something telling about the end of that article. Funny enough we have been the most stable team in his recruitment. Us being last is reassuring to me.

It would be somewhat funny if he ended up committing to somewhere like UCF :beer2:

UGA is last not us.

Man I really wish his visits weren't so late....I want him locked down and committed to us so we can then focus on these other spots.

2 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Yeah some people around here were so sure we would get Justin Fields remember?

You can thank JF for that. He was a silent to AU before the momentum started to go to UGA. In fact he was a silent to 3 schools this cycle: UF, then AU, & lastly UGA before he went public for them.

That's why I hate silent commits & why I am glad Gus put the foot down on 1 this year essentially saying you go public or don't commit.

T-Will would definitely have my respect if he is able to pull this off. There are three big-time programs and recruiters that are competing against Auburn to land this kid. He’s the type of LB that Auburn has been needing!

Archived