2018 4* LB Quay Walker

ellitor

Just now, lionheartkc said:

Just the latest in a long line of bama linebackers... http://247sports.com/Player/Quay-Walker-94039

I see. Another one bites the dust. I hope we are in on enough quality LB's that we don't whiff entirely this year. Three or four are what's needed to maintain the group.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Mikey said:

I see. Another one bites the dust. I hope we are in on enough quality LB's that we don't whiff entirely this year. Three or four are what's needed to maintain the group.

Well... if we have learned anything from last year, it's that you never really know were the LBs are going until the ink dries.

Interesting that a lot of the reports from AU's Picnic mention that Walker didn't speak to the media but was happy to pose for photos completely decked out in Auburn gear... yet based on my minimal research, not a one of those photos has seen the light of day.

Kind of speaks to who runs the sports media.

I figured all the conspiracy theorists about saban would come out of the woodwork and say he was trolling us with the AU gear on QW! Where are you guys?

58 minutes ago, Timeslider 6 said:

So, do we have a legitimate shot at this guy or is it too little too late? :dunno: 

giphy.gif

Hearing good things. We have alot of very good lbs high on us or that we have a big lead on which hasn't been the case in a long time. Before Twill we had to depend on DC to get Tre for us and CWM to hold on to DW for us. Now we might not have enough spots if all want to come. I think it will end up being Harris Walker ZM and RJ. I am hearing don't give up yet on JP also but he is a bama lean. This is a kid who loves Twill and wants to play for him but with bama and their history of getting lbs to pros and the Pruitt connection to RP bama is still leading.

1 minute ago, austudnt23 said:

Hearing good things. We have alot of very good lbs high on us or that we have a big lead on which hasn't been the case in a long time. Before Twill we had to depend on DC to get Tre for us and CWM to hold on to DW for us. Now we might not have enough spots if all want to come. I think it will end up being Harris Walker ZM and RJ. I am hearing don't give up yet on JP also but he is a bama lean. This is a kid who loves Twill and wants to play for him but with bama and their history of getting lbs to pros and the Pruitt connection to RP bama is still leading.

I think Twill pumps out TW & DW to the NFL(DD i think is too small for a NFL LB role) My hope would be that these kids see that and we start winning over some of these Bama recruits instead of staying competitive with them. Twill nonetheless has transformed the LB core into a backbone of the defense IMO. I know it will take a lot, but hoping he does not leave for a higher role over the next couple years.

So good to see this about the lbs. We've had some soft play from the lbs at times these past years. Glad to have a coach that will keep us with elite lb's at all times...So important to a defense.

13 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

Told a LBer in Louisiana decommitted from LSU and bama wants the kid bad.  Might not have room for Walker. 

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Told a LBer in Louisiana decommitted from LSU and bama wants the kid bad.  Might not have room for Walker. 

Are you talking about Adam Anderson from Rome?

3 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Wait.... Coach O lost a defensive commitment?  Is the sky falling?

22 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Probably is on the LSU boards.

5 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Yeah I added Walker in as I believe he ends up a AU. JP was the lb I said we are trailing bama for.  I agree bama might not have room for him in the end. I don't believe he was ever solid to bama though and felt like he would end up at AU. This is just my opinion. I do know he likes AU alot and is not solid to bama.

On July 27, 2017 at 11:02 AM, lionheartkc said:

We are playing LB musical chairs with LSU and Bama IMO.  

5 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

We are playing LB musical chairs with LSU and Bama IMO.  

Usually with the LB position we are the team who is left standing!

19 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Usually with the LB position we are the team who is left standing!

Zakoby McClain reminds me of the Tyler Taylor situation 2.0

33 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

Man, It still galls me we missed out on Taylor. Hopefully, we can reciprocate.

Our LBer class was great last year. BUT it should have been even better!

Archived