2018 4* LB Quay Walker

ellitor

21 hours ago, Mikey said:

I got amped up at you saying we needed safeties? When? Lets see a link.  I did make a remark several months ago about you getting butthurt because our coaches signed a kid other than the one you selected for them. I guess you are still sore about that? Apples and oranges anyway. Numbers at a position is an entirely different thing than you saying the coaches made a mistake because they signed some other kid and let your cousin slide.

Great speech but I didn't say that. I said they are both D1 athletes, great athletes. Off of population my area produces many high caliber athletes. I know both so I wouldn't ever down either. I said why didn't we recruit the other guy that was an Auburn fan his entire life, that's a great student, and overall is better. And I also never said he was my cousin another made up statement. And you just made A remark? But it's funny overall because I'm talking numbers at safety but it's apple and oranges? How because I personally knew a couple of recruits but you whine and moan and make judgements about guys you don't know? Well in that breath yeah I guess it is lol

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, thaitopher said:

Am I the only one who sees a Mississippi State commercial on an AU family site? Getting desperate for advertisers are we? 

No clue. I have and run AdBlock on all sites & have been for a few years.

15 hours ago, thaitopher said:

Am I the only one who sees a Mississippi State commercial on an AU family site? Getting desperate for advertisers are we? 

I saw a Washington State ad I think a couple of weeks ago. I had go back a page to double check. Pretty funny.

any reason to post this in Quay walkers thread?! lol. That is random. I was expecting to come here and read the news he had committed to the dark side.

38 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

any reason to post this in Quay walkers thread?! lol. That is random. I was expecting to come here and read the news he had committed to the dark side.

Sorry to disappoint you. Only reason I posted it in this thread was because I just saw the ad in this thread.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

There is always a little randomness in all our threads. Enjoy it. Embrace it. Join it.

You make sure of that how in the hell AE ever made you a Mod I;ll never know now as for me I know why I am................:jossun:

On 4/30/2017 at 5:48 PM, augolf1716 said:

You make sure of that how in the hell AE ever made you a Mod I;ll never know now as for me I know why I am................:jossun:

because you bring beer...

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

yep and a whole lot more then big yellow one

Quality over quantity

Looks like Quay has dropped his state school from his top 5.  link

Five SEC schools are in the hunt for one of the top players from the state of Georgia, but that’s no big surprise.

What is surprising, however, is the change that 4-star linebacker Quay Walker made to his top 5. When he released his updated list of schools on Saturday evening, there was a notable difference.

Alabama, Auburn, Florida and LSU all remain among his top schools, but the inclusion of South Carolina means that Georgia has been dropped out of that group. It’s interesting that Walker no longer considers Georgia as one of his top choices, because the Bulldogs were at one point considered the favorite to land the in-state linebacker.

In fact, 247Sports Crystal Ball predictions have Georgia as a 60-percent favorite for Walker. Kirby Smart has been very successful thus far on the recruiting trail, however, so don’t count the Bulldogs out of the mix quite yet. Meanwhile, this is a nice sign for Will Muschamp and South Carolina. Muschamp has always been known as a talented recruiter, and landing a player of Walker’s caliber would be a big win.

Walker is rated the No. 11 outside linebacker prospect in the Class of 2018 and the No. 20 prospect in the state of Georgia, according to the 247Sports Composite Ranking.

3 hours ago, lkeel75 said:

Alabama, Auburn, Florida and LSU all remain among his top schools, but the inclusion of South Carolina means that Georgia has been dropped out of that group. It’s interesting that Walker no longer considers Georgia as one of his top choices, because the Bulldogs were at one point considered the favorite to land the in-state linebacker.

You have to start wondering if there is someone poisoning the atmosphere at Georgia.  They are struggling to land anyone this year. Kirby better figure out where the problem is... if it isn't him.

10 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

You have to start wondering if there is someone poisoning the atmosphere at Georgia.  They are struggling to land anyone this year. Kirby better figure out where the problem is... if it isn't him.

Here is a good article explaining why. Basically it boils down to several key reasons: (1) their lackluster performance last year; and (2) their 2017 class was so deep that there aren't many opportunities for recruits to get immediate playing time; and (3) the 2018 GA class isn't quite as deep as the 2017 GA class.

https://uga.rivals.com/news/cause-for-concern-here-are-the-problems-for-georgia-s-recruiting-in-2018

48 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Here is a good article explaining why. Basically it boils down to several key reasons: (1) their lackluster performance last year; and (2) their 2017 class was so deep that there aren't many opportunities for recruits to get immediate playing time; and (3) the 2018 GA class isn't quite as deep as the 2017 GA class.

https://uga.rivals.com/news/cause-for-concern-here-are-the-problems-for-georgia-s-recruiting-in-2018

While I get that is how Georgia explains it, there has to be more to it. Georgia hasn't had a fail like this in recruiting in... well... at least as long as I've been following recruiting. The fact that a kid like this, who had Georgia as his #1 now isn't even considering them says that there is more to it than the depth chart.

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

While I get that is how Georgia explains it, there has to be more to it. Georgia hasn't had a fail like this in recruiting in... well... at least as long as I've been following recruiting. The fact that a kid like this, who had Georgia as his #1 now isn't even considering them says that there is more to it than the depth chart.

I hope you are right and that we can take advantage of it now and in the future.

3 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

It's only May....

7 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

I think Twill has other guys he likes more, no? 

Yes apparently.

14 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

I hope this holds, but they've got a long time to correct whatever the problem might be. If they still strike out on the big dogs come signing day, we can all do some happy dancin'. Until then, I'm not getting my hopes up.

16 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Smart is finding this recruiting thing a bit more difficult without scholarships to hand out for girlfriends, jobs for parents, and Chargers for the 'croots.

1 minute ago, SumterAubie said:

Smart is finding this recruiting thing a bit more difficult without scholarships to hand out for girlfriends, jobs for parents, and Chargers for the 'croots.

To be fair, Kirby rocked it last year. Shut AU out of Georgia for most of the top guys. 

Archived