13 early offers including AU, Bama, UGA, UF, & FSU

Named AU leader today, (Feb, 2, 2016) per DawgNation.com

UGA had led also per the same site

Teammate of AU Signee Big Cat Bryant

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From DawgNation reporter Jeff Sentell

Georgia's chances with Crisp County junior 4-star OLB Quay Walker have certainly dipped over the last month.

Flash back to a month ago at the Rising Seniors game and the Bulldogs were in a prime position to land one of the state's Top LBers for 2018.

But then his great friend and senior teammate 4-star DE Makaviest Bryant chose Auburn over UGA and LSU on National Signing Day. Now there is a Rivals.com report that Crisp County head coach Shelton Felton will accept a defensive analyst role at Auburn.

Walker just told me that Auburn is his new leader. He also said that UGA is not recruiting him as hard as it used to. He also felt that UGA had dropped from a leader spot to one of his Top 5 schools.

Walker is a splendid player. Way better than his current ratings that peg him as the nation's No. 20 OLB and the No. 25 player in Georgia for 2018. He can really do it all. Tackle. Run. Play in space. Cover slot receivers.

Walker added there was a big reason why Auburn. That has been the constant attention he's gotten from linebackers coach Travis Williams.

"Well, when the linebacker coach TWILL is telling you he wanna coach you constantly that means a lot to me," Walker told DawgNation. "He basically tells me that every day."

He also said that other schools are already starting to see what has taken place with Bryant and his high school head coach.

"Some schools probably won't be after me hard now," Walker said. "But the ones that still trying to get me to be a part of their program will still get a lot of love from me."

Hopefully AU can remain the leader and sign him next year.

But you can bet that Smart and the dogs will be putting on the full court press.

49 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

It starts all over again. TWILL is fantastic.  I see him as the next DC at AU after Steele retires.  Glad to have him. 

He is the assistant with the most potential to be a good head coach out of everyone on our staff imo.

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

He is the assistant with the most potential to be a good head coach out of everyone on our staff imo.

Your exactly right 

Shout out to SouthGATiger , this is what he said previously in the Bryant thread : This bodes well for AU with 2018 4* OLB Quay Walker from Crisp County. They really want to play together.  

Travis Williams is getting it done, for sure. I like the way he moves early with top recruits. I would love to see us have a ton of early commits this season. That, coupled with the anticipation of Stidham and the many returning starters would generate some great momentum for the 2017 season. War Eagle!

2 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Travis Williams is getting it done, for sure. I like the way he moves early with top recruits. I would love to see us have a ton of early commits this season. That, coupled with the anticipation of Stidham and the many returning starters would generate some great momentum for the 2017 season. War Eagle!

You could see early commits on D because of T-Will & on O at RB & OL because of our run game. My guess is later commitments will come on WR & TE after & if Chip proves he can throw the ball in a Gus O. Also Coach G seems to pull most of his late as well.

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

I have no fear as long as Twill is here for LB recruiting. Just got to learn to close a little better and with time I know he will...................

No shame in losing Taylor though. With Coach O, he was going against a Kimbrell Braves days type of closer.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

No shame in losing Taylor though. With Coach O, he was going against a Kimbrell Braves days type of closer.

Just shows how strong CRG is to out recruit Coach O and Doughboy for Bryant.  

3 minutes ago, LakeBum said:

Just shows how strong CRG is to out recruit Coach O and Doughboy for Bryant.  

He had huge assists from Coach Fountain & Coach Felton.

5 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

I have no fear as long as Twill is here for LB recruiting. Just got to learn to close a little better and with time I know he will...................

Have you been watching UnderDog again? ("Have no fear UnderDog is here").

On 2/5/2017 at 5:49 PM, AUMASTERS said:

Have you been watching UnderDog again? ("Have no fear UnderDog is here").

Top 5 cartoon theme songs of all time. Yeah, I said it!

2 hours ago, Tiger said:

Top 5 cartoon theme songs of all time. Yeah, I said it!

Respectfully nope. Transformers, GI Joe, Inspector Gadget, Thundercats, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Anamaniacs, & Rock The Dragon from Dragon Ball Z are all better.

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Respectfully nope. Transformers, GI Joe, Inspector Gadget, Thundercats, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Anamaniacs, & Rock The Dragon from Dragon Ball Z are all better.

10lydd.jpg

24 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I'll give you Inspector Gadget, TMNT, and the Animaniacs. All belong in top 5. But I cannot boot Underdog for one of the others. We can just agree to agree that you're wrong here. ;D;D:poke:

Archived