2018 4* LB Quay Walker

ellitor

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

So uh safe to say we're done with ole Quay right?.

Nope. Not even close. We still have a strong card to potentially play here.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, thaitopher said:

Why? As E always says, its not about results on the field as much as it is about relationships. I am not sure if yesterday really changes anything for him. 

Everything that has culminated has made me have a cynical mindset... Hopefully he does sign but it's hard to believe. Don't think a lot of kids have the mindset of putting losses like we have out of their mind...Hope I'm wrong.

3 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Everything that has culminated has made me have a cynical mindset... Hopefully he does sign but it's hard to believe. Don't think a lot of kids have the mindset of putting losses like we have out of their mind...Hope I'm wrong.

Recruiting is usually more about relationships than current Ws & Ls. We have a chance to win this one on relationships.

50 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

Will Shelton Felton be our 10th assistant?

We'll find out the 10th assistant in a week or so.

31 minutes ago, ellitor said:

We'll find out the 10th assistant in a week or so.

When do we find out who our next OL coach will be? ??????

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

Recruiting is usually more about relationships than current Ws & Ls. We have a chance to win this one on relationships.

i love your optimism............

^^^Shelton Felton coming in would be key in us getting Quay to flip to Auburn in case ppl were curious why I randomly brought that up. Thinking that could potentially be the strong card E was referring to.

5 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

^^^Shelton Felton coming in would be key in us getting Quay to flip to Auburn in case ppl were curious why I randomly brought that up. Thinking that could potentially be the strong card E was referring to.

Would definitely give AU a shot in the arm if he was the 10th coach.

50 minutes ago, ellitor said:

That trust and connection stuff is what we've been able to successfully sell a lot of kids on over other programs. That bodes well for us.

8 minutes ago, Timeslider 6 said:

Sorry, i don't get the reference. Please explain 

Quay Walker and Big Kat Bryant’s old high school head coach. He would be a helluva hire if we hired him. He’s got tons of contacts in Georgia. 

31 minutes ago, MCPeePants said:

Apparently, that's not the way we went.

Could be a blessing. We shall see.

Alabama commit opens up, plans Auburn official visit

Quay Walker will be a top priority for multiple programs in January. The three to consider closely right now are Alabama, Auburn and Georgia. Walker has been committed to the Crimson Tide since the summer, and that hasn’t changed. But pushes from Auburn and Georgia — and recent contact with new Florida and Tennessee coaching staffs — have made his decision process much harder going forward.

With Jeremy Pruitt’s departure from the Crimson Tide, it opens the door for all the other programs.

“Yeah, pretty much [still committed]. But, right now, I’m unsure,” Walker told SEC Country’s Chris Kirschner. “I was looking forward to being coached by Coach Pruitt. That plays a big role in it. And then, sometimes, I hear rumors about [defensive backs] coach Derrick Ansley leaving. That’s my main recruiter, so it’s all about coaches that I can trust and that I know I can go to just in case I can’t talk to my mom or something. I can go and talk to them. So, pretty much Coach Pruitt leaving, I heard rumors about Coach Ansley leaving and my heart pretty much changed a little bit. I’m not going to lie to you about it. That’s what happened, though.”

Auburn has been in this recruitment since the beginning.

Walker’s relationship with Auburn linebackers coach Travis Williams, as he’s noted multiple times, is stronger than it is with any other position coach in the country. He also has a close friendship with high school teammate and Auburn freshman Markaviest “Big Kat” Bryant that, he admits, will have an effect on his final decision.

Now, it’s time for the Tigers to finally seal the deal.

He will take his official visit to Auburn on Jan. 26. Walker also has officials planned to Florida (Jan. 12), Georgia (Jan. 19) and either Alabama or Tennessee the last weekend before Signing Day. As of now, I expect Walker to end up at Auburn or Georgia.

Last visit and he has the strongest relationship with one of our players...We need Big Kat to be the bagman.

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

Last visit and he has the strongest relationship with one of our players...We need Big Kat to be the bagman.

Looks like Bama or UT is his last visit

17 minutes ago, au_bsci_04 said:

I think its definitely a good sign that UGA isn't his last visit...maybe wishful thinking on my part. 

1 hour ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Oh I didn't even pay attention to that. Having Tenn for a last visit makes me nervous. 

Now this is something that could really really help us in our attempt to flip quay. This was his lead recruiter.

I love Ansley. He is a great coach and will be a great DC.  Pruitt and Ansley leaving is a huge help for us. 

Archived