2018 4* LB Quay Walker

ellitor

13 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

T-Will would definitely have my respect if he is able to pull this off. There are three big-time programs and recruiters that are competing against Auburn to land this kid. He’s the type of LB that Auburn has been needing!

So you're saying T-Will doesn't already have your respect? And the linebackers we've had the last couple of years aren't good enough for you? Yeah, I'd say the second part of you handle is accurate...

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rednilla said:

So you're saying T-Will doesn't already have your respect? And the linebackers we've had the last couple of years aren't good enough for you? Yeah, I'd say the second part of you handle is accurate...

My comments weren’t intended to be a slight to T-Will or the linebackers that we have on the team or already committed. My comments were meant to emphasis how impressive the commitment & signature of Quay Walker could be based on his potential. By all accounts he’s a potential future All-American that stood out at a recent all-star game. I’ve been impressed with T-Will’s recruiting and LB development so far. I think we are headed in the right direction. But I believe that Walker would put us on a different level.

7 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Walker is a luxary not a necessity at this point.  

No, Walker is a good bit different from the other LB's we have committed this season. He's a big, physical "jam up the middle" kind of player. The others project at OLB. Walker is as important as any of the other top prospects we still have a chance with.

9 minutes ago, Mikey said:

No, Walker is a good bit different from the other LB's we have committed this season. He's a big, physical "jam up the middle" kind of player. The others project at OLB. Walker is as important as any of the other top prospects we still have a chance with.

So then why don’t we have a back up plan? If he’s that important? He’s also projected as an OLB on every site and have never read anywhere he’s projected inside. 

8 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Walker is a luxary not a necessity at this point.  

I’d rather get him than another WR(even Ross) or a TE. Would love to get him, a stud CB and at least two quality OL in my perfect world.

41 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

So then why don’t we have a back up plan? If he’s that important? He’s also projected as an OLB on every site and have never read anywhere he’s projected inside. 

Weeell We do. La'Dedric Jackson. Not sure we will ever take him though.

And @Mikey is right & didn't even need a sub for it. AU is only recruiting Quay for Insider backer, Not OLB or Buck as most had thought.

7 minutes ago, fredst said:

I’d rather get him than another WR(even Ross) or a TE. Would love to get him, a stud CB and at least two quality OL in my perfect world.

I think McCready could be an under the radar gem FWIW.

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I think McCready could be an under the radar gem FWIW.

It would suit me if he was the Jerraud Powers of this class.

Just now, fredst said:

It would suit me if he was the Jerraud Powers of this class.

I don't know what I would do if we signed another Jerraud Powers, but it would definitely embarrass my wife.

Just now, McLoofus said:

I don't know what I would do if we signed another Jerraud Powers, but it would definitely embarrass my wife.

Story?...

Just now, ellitor said:

Story?...

Just an over the top way of saying that I would love to have another Jerraud Powers at Auburn. He's an all timer favorite of mine.

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I seriously doubt anything you do now embarrass your wife. She has seen it all by now...............................................poor thing

9 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I seriously doubt anything you do now embarrass your wife. She has seen it all by now...............................................poor thing

Special place in Heaven for that one, no question.

32 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Weeell We do. La'Dedric Jackson. Not sure we will ever take him though.

And @Mikey is right & didn't even need a sub for it. AU is only recruiting Quay for Insider backer, Not OLB or Buck as most had thought.

I guess what I don’t understand is if he’s so important (don’t get me wrong I want him just as much as anyone else) why wouldn’t we push for his backup plan? 

1 minute ago, ClaytonAU said:

I guess what I don’t understand is if he’s so important (don’t get me wrong I want him just as much as anyone else) why wouldn’t we push for his backup plan? 

Because the staff may feel like there's not a quality back up plan left on the board at the high school level. You don't just push based on need just to fill a spot. You have to believe the talent can play SEC ball too. That's the tough decisions these coaches have to make.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Because the staff may feel like there's not a quality back up plan left on the board at the high school level. You don't just push based on need just to fill a spot. You have to believe the talent can play SEC ball too. That's the tough decisions these coaches have to make.

I thought the tough decisions were whether to wear the hideous orange vest or not ?

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

To bad you want be there with her.:poke:

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints... best lyric Billy Joel ever wrote. 

5 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Because by now what's left available is a backup plan to a backup plan to the backup plan. Walker is close to a top 100 recruit. There aren't suitable backup plans out there, if there ever even were. When the backup plans fall to a level that can't help the team talent-wise, it gets back to #1 or bust. Walker is #1.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Because by now what's left available is a backup plan to a backup plan to the backup plan. Walker is close to a top 100 recruit. There aren't suitable backup plans out there, if there ever even were. When the backup plans fall to a level that can't help the team talent-wise, it gets back to #1 or bust. Walker is #1.

So you're saying he's even MORE important because there is no backup plan.

14 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Not necessarily MORE important. He's been very important from the start, doubly so because not only do we gain an exceptional linebacker but in the same stroke we take one away from UAT.

26 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Can't speak for @Mikey but Quay is important to me because I'd like AU to replace 1 stud, Tre Williams, with another stud, in Quay. I want to have at least 1 game changer at each level on the field.

25 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Can't speak for @Mikey but Quay is important to me because I'd like AU to replace 1 stud, Tre Williams, with another stud, in Quay. I want to have at least 1 game changer at each level on the field.

You’re reading my mind @ellitor! I was just going to post that I think he *isnt* a luxury because he looks like Tres Williams with maybe even a little more speed. I know E, it’s a scary place to be ?!

Archived