2018 4* LB Quay Walker

ellitor

15 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Getting the NLI is what counts. Bama got Rueben so he doesn't count & Callaway was a RB recruit for us so he doesn't count on 2 levels.

yeah, I knew what you meant, was just being a >:D.  Hopefully this one will come through and stick

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, rockfordpi said:

No, you are forgetting that we flipped Rubin Foster and "Peaches'" adopted son, I forget has name (as has most everyone else). 

:dunno:

Brent Callaway

18 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I assumed if he knew Walker to AU while being committed to bama that meant a silent.  He never said “silent” but has said multiple times AU... and when asked for more or status on Walker he posted a gif of a stick man flip

Gotcha! Thanks!

14 minutes ago, rockfordpi said:

yeah, I knew what you meant, was just being a >:D.  Hopefully this one will come through and stick

Heck. You could have said "just being an E" cuz it's often true of me. lol

3 hours ago, corchjay said:

I assumed if he knew Walker to AU while being committed to bama that meant a silent.  He never said “silent” but has said multiple times AU... and when asked for more or status on Walker he posted a gif of a stick man flip

That was Clayton on the gif, fyi

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

I doubt the silent to AU story. Why visit UAT last weekend, Tennessee the weekend before that and UGA the week after AU if he's a silent commit to Auburn? I think he's making a final round of visits to be sure of where he wants to go. I can't imagine anyone subjecting themselves to week after week of high pressure sales efforts if his mind is made up. That "silent to AU" story is probably nothing more than wishful thinking on the part of some of our fans.

Agree. It's not like these are officials to Cal, USC, Oregon... He's not seeing the country on the school's dime. Athens? Knoxville? Turdtown? Those are business trips. 

9 hours ago, corchjay said:

WDE has been saying AU since October 

He was telling people that he was going to AU but didn't do the "silent" to AU. Seems like UT has given him a lot to think about. And Saban himself has been given Walker a lot of attention. Not as confident on this one as we were a month ago. Pruitt and his staff are going to be real good recruiters.  He has a good staff in place. 

Pruitt leaving to UTk hasn’t helped like we thought and like WDE said, Saban has put an emphasis on this kid. It’s hard to do anything with a kid when Saban really wants him. 

56 minutes ago, fredst said:

Really hope TWill can work his magic on this cat. For all you “Caddyshack” buffs out there (substitute TWill for Billy):

3C20C320-4C4A-457D-9911-C18F135A50BD.jpeg

Nice

2 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Pruitt leaving to UTk hasn’t helped like we thought and like WDE said, Saban has put an emphasis on this kid. It’s hard to do anything with a kid when Saban really wants him. 

Good chance Walker ends up at UT. 

2 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Nice

I think its important to incorporate Caddyshack into any discussion if possible, particularly one about us missing on a stud LB, lol.

3 minutes ago, fredst said:

I think its important to incorporate Caddyshack into any discussion if possible, particularly one about us missing on a stud LB, lol.

You're doing the Lord's work.

Image result for caddyshack lightning gif

36 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

oh well Mikey will not be happy

No, I won't and no Auburn fan should be happy either. This one is a NEED, vs. want. If he shows up here on Friday and stays the weekend as planned, I like our chances. If he's a no-show, fergetaboutit.

Just now, Mikey said:

No, I won't and no Auburn fan should be happy either. This one is a NEED, vs. want. If he shows up here on Friday and stays the weekend as planned, I like our chances. If he's a no-show, fergetaboutit.

Love seeing this passion from you about a recruit! Wish it was more often and not just a LB recruit. But I guess I will take what I can get from you and beggars cannot be choosers! lol. I def agree! When these kids say T will is who they are closest to in their recruitment the staff needs to all pull together and seal the deal. What Channing Tindall said was puzzling and troubling. He said T will was the closest person to him in his recruitment BUT he was not close to anyone else at AU or surrounding AU (I.E. other recruits) He seemed to be great friends with a lot of thuga recruits though.

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Love seeing this passion from you about a recruit! Wish it was more often and not just a LB recruit. But I guess I will take what I can get from you and beggars cannot be choosers! lol. I def agree! When these kids say T will is who they are closest to in their recruitment the staff needs to all pull together and seal the deal. What Channing Tindall said was puzzling and troubling. He said T will was the closest person to him in his recruitment BUT he was not close to anyone else at AU or surrounding AU (I.E. other recruits) He seemed to be great friends with a lot of thuga recruits though.

Tindall doesn't live in an area where we have other recruits. He didn't schedule his visits here when other recruits were visiting. He has to drive through Athens Ga. to get here. You don't seriously think a key 4* recruit at a position of need was ignored by the rest of the staff on his visit, do you? The idea doesn't pass the common sense test, no matter what Tindall did or didn't say about it.

Just now, Mikey said:

Tindall doesn't live in an area where we have other recruits. He didn't schedule his visits here when other recruits were visiting. He has to drive through Athens Ga. to get here. You don't seriously think a key 4* recruit at a position of need was ignored by the rest of the staff on his visit, do you? The idea doesn't pass the common sense test, no matter what Tindall did or didn't say about it.

I can only take him at his word as can you and of course he was not ignored by the rest of the staff that is not what I am saying. But obviously they did not come close to connecting with him like T Will did. 

14 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Unfortunately I think it's going to take a home run visit for AU to sign Quay. Him just visiting won't be enough here. But hey, we've hit home runs before to get the W when we trailed. See Smoke from the Summer.

with as few slots that we have open, it would seem that we should focus on getting as many OLs as we can. We are well stocked at the WR position it seems.  I would rather we use these slots for as many OLs as we can sign. Just the opinion of the doc tonight.

My bad on this one. I thought he was a WR and not a LB. I was thinking about Ross and not Walker tonight gents and ladies! I do want us to get as many OLs as we can before the shouting is done.

7 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

with as few slots that we have open, it would seem that we should focus on getting as many OLs as we can. We are well stocked at the WR position it seems.  I would rather we use these slots for as many OLs as we can sign. Just the opinion of the doc tonight.

Quality available has to match need.

11 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

He was telling people that he was going to AU but didn't do the "silent" to AU. Seems like UT has given him a lot to think about. And Saban himself has been given Walker a lot of attention. Not as confident on this one as we were a month ago. Pruitt and his staff are going to be real good recruiters.  He has a good staff in place. 

Fields all over again...GG.

8 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Good chance Walker ends up at UT. 

If not AUburn, I’d rather him be there than bammer. 

Archived