2018 4* LB Quay Walker

ellitor

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, fredst said:

If he ends up at UT this one is going to feel like Kwon going to LSU. At least Kwon didn’t prove to be very good did he ?

Good enough to make it 3 seasons (so far) in the NFL.  Made it to the Pro Bowl this year, too.

http://www.nfl.com/player/kwonalexander/2552592/profile

But, to your point, I don't remember him being a game-changer at LSU.

42 minutes ago, triangletiger said:

Good enough to make it 3 seasons (so far) in the NFL.  Made it to the Pro Bowl this year, too.

He was really good at LSU but not great. He had his moments where he shined though.

15 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

oh well Mikey will not be happy

Going to call it now, UT. But uga is very confident. Seems the kid just isn't "all in" with Saban. Are we seeing cracks in the amour with Nick? 

UT is going to recruit at a high level. We will see if they can coach. 

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Going to call it now, UT. But uga is very confident. Seems the kid just isn't "all in" with Saban. Are we seeing cracks in the amour with Nick? 

Will be glad to see someone rise up to compete with UGA...not thrilled if it means we'll get pinched on the recruiting trail.  Have AU, UA, UGA, and UT all been highly successful at the same time?  Are there enough jimmies and joes to make everyone happy?

3 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Yup. Vols, UGA, & Florida are all formiddable but that won't last in the long run with the current staffs. Since they are in the same division 1 will likely  dominate the other 2 on the field or 2 dominate the 3rd making 1 or 2 staff's a relatively short stay..

3 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Will be glad to see someone rise up to compete with UGA...not thrilled if it means we'll get pinched on the recruiting trail.  Have AU, UA, UGA, and UT all been highly successful at the same time?  Are there enough jimmies and joes to make everyone happy?

Not in my 41 years. Add Florida to the mix it's very hard for them all to be very good at the same time.

Just now, ellitor said:

Not in my 41 years. Add Florida to the mix it's very hard for them all to be very good at the same time.

UF staff is very very Miss State-ish. UT and uga's staff are 10x better. No idea what Dan is doing. 

12 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Certainly starting to look like Bowl Cut was a key ingredient in saban's sauce. 

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Looking forward to see what Saban does with his two QB's. 

I just don't see a scenario where Hurts doesn't change positions.

If we do not get him, I hope he lands at UT.  Competition in the East is a good thing for us.  It puts UGA on a level playing field with the West.  No more cake walks.

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I hate to miss out on him, but will be damn glad if he doesn't sign with bammur.  

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

I feel that a strong UT may to our advantage since we don't play them regularly like bammur and UGA.  We just can't let the 3 of them out recruit us on a regular basis.  

2 hours ago, triangletiger said:

I was being sarcastic, just didn't use the font, lol. I thought KA was a very good, not great, player. Good enough that I was sick that we missed on him every time I saw LSU play with him there (particularly with our LB situation as it was).

23 minutes ago, SouthGATiger said:

Kirby in town yesterday by helicopter. Pruett in town tonight for football banquet... by limos. 

Next will be Gus by clown car.

12 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Next will be Gus by clown car.

The problem we face is showing these kids what we can mold them into.  Multiple staffs at Auburn have failed to produce at the LB position.  It's not all their fault due to injuries and such but it is so easy for these schools to recruit against us.

UGA) Here is what I did with Roquan Smith.  He won the Butkus and is the top rated ILB in the draft.  

Bama) Here is ___________,  they have gone in the first round as LBs for the past 7 years.

AU) Here is Dontarious Thomas and Karlos Dansby. Do you know who they are?  You were 5 years old when they played at Auburn.  Here is Takeo Spikes.  Your dad loved him when your dad was a kid.  Here is Tre Blackmon, the "Little Ball of Hate".  When he was here......Nevermind.

If you didn't grow up loving Auburn then relationships with coaches only get you so far.  These kids at 18 want to play in the NFL. Period.  They want to be a high draft pick and make tons of money.  What kid wouldn't.  Whether it is recruiting against Clemson for a 5* WR or against UGA and Bama for a top LB, Auburn is drawing the short straw on the ability to show a kid he will be a high draft pick and make lots of money.  Thats what a kid wants to hear.  And across the board at all positions except OL ALL OF OUR RIVALS can show any kid that we just can't get it done.  It is soooooo easy to negatively recruit against Auburn.

This, to me, is why we must start winning some wars for top 100 players.  Yes the NFL is full of players that were not top 100 but the top 100 make it at a much better rate than a top 250-300 player.  If you are a race car driver do you want to start from scratch with a Corvette or do you want to start with a Lumina?  Without tons of work and LUCK, the Vette is winning most of the races.

As someone stated earlier Auburn must consistently start winning 10 games a year. 10 years ago Clemson is in no better of a recruiting situation than we are.  Sister school to Auburn.  Auburn with a lake.  Not a state school.  How did they do it?  Clemson can show any DL what they can mold them into.  For every kid Auburn has success with on the DL in the past 5 years Clemson can show you twice as many.  If you are a top WR are you believing Clemson can get you to achieve your goals or Auburn.

43 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

The problem we face is showing these kids what we can mold them into.  Multiple staffs at Auburn have failed to produce at the LB position.  It's not all their fault due to injuries and such but it is so easy for these schools to recruit against us.

UGA) Here is what I did with Roquan Smith.  He won the Butkus and is the top rated ILB in the draft.  

Bama) Here is ___________,  they have gone in the first round as LBs for the past 7 years.

AU) Here is Dontarious Thomas and Karlos Dansby. Do you know who they are?  You were 5 years old when they played at Auburn.  Here is Takeo Spikes.  Your dad loved him when your dad was a kid.  Here is Tre Blackmon, the "Little Ball of Hate".  When he was here......Nevermind.

If you didn't grow up loving Auburn then relationships with coaches only get you so far.  These kids at 18 want to play in the NFL. Period.  They want to be a high draft pick and make tons of money.  What kid wouldn't.  Whether it is recruiting against Clemson for a 5* WR or against UGA and Bama for a top LB, Auburn is drawing the short straw on the ability to show a kid he will be a high draft pick and make lots of money.  Thats what a kid wants to hear.  And across the board at all positions except OL ALL OF OUR RIVALS can show any kid that we just can't get it done.  It is soooooo easy to negatively recruit against Auburn.

This, to me, is why we must start winning some wars for top 100 players.  Yes the NFL is full of players that were not top 100 but the top 100 make it at a much better rate than a top 250-300 player.  If you are a race car driver do you want to start from scratch with a Corvette or do you want to start with a Lumina?  Without tons of work and LUCK, the Vette is winning most of the races.

As someone stated earlier Auburn must consistently start winning 10 games a year. 10 years ago Clemson is in no better of a recruiting situation than we are.  Sister school to Auburn.  Auburn with a lake.  Not a state school.  How did they do it?  Clemson can show any DL what they can mold them into.  For every kid Auburn has success with on the DL in the past 5 years Clemson can show you twice as many.  If you are a top WR are you believing Clemson can get you to achieve your goals or Auburn.

Sadly, every bit of this is exactly correct.

Archived