2018 4* LB Quay Walker

ellitor

2 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

You are correct that it has not hurt us yet in WR recruiting.  If this staff does not produce with those players then that may or may not change.  I know if I was a WR and wanted to get to the next level then playing for Gus is not necessarily where I would focus.  We have had 3 WR's drafted in 10 years.

You’ve changed your argument 3 different times now and there’s a basketball game on. So on that note :wavey:

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ClaytonAU said:

You’ve changed your argument 3 different times now and there’s a basketball game on. So on that note :wavey:

That was one heck of a basketball game tonight!  We manhandled LSU of which I thoroughly enjoyed. I know this is the wrong section for B-ball, but when we win like we did tonight is something worth shouting from the mountain top!

6 hours ago, NorthGATiger said:

I love T-Will.  It seems to be the consensus of the board that we have killed it in LB recruiting.  I want to see it translate to on field performance and sending a kid to the next level.  That will greatly help recruiting as well.  It needs to happen at WR also.  I don't think it's out of the question to have 1 kid at every position every four years make the 2nd round. QB would be the only exception due to the offense we run.

1. It has. Look at how much better our LBs have played since T-Will became the LB coach. Best play we've had since the mid 2000s. Also Tre Williams had a good week at the SR Bowl.

2. You're asking a lot. I think Miami is the only school to have ever done that, maybe Bama.

On 1/25/2018 at 10:33 PM, WFE12 said:

Next will be Gus by clown car.

Don't forget, Auburn invented the "wow" recruiting trip, but every time we rolled out something new, the NCAA made a rule against it.

On 1/26/2018 at 11:25 AM, NorthGATiger said:

The problem we face is showing these kids what we can mold them into.  Multiple staffs at Auburn have failed to produce at the LB position.  It's not all their fault due to injuries and such but it is so easy for these schools to recruit against us.

UGA) Here is what I did with Roquan Smith.  He won the Butkus and is the top rated ILB in the draft.  

Bama) Here is ___________,  they have gone in the first round as LBs for the past 7 years.

AU) Here is Dontarious Thomas and Karlos Dansby. Do you know who they are?  You were 5 years old when they played at Auburn.  Here is Takeo Spikes.  Your dad loved him when your dad was a kid.  Here is Tre Blackmon, the "Little Ball of Hate".  When he was here......Nevermind.

If you didn't grow up loving Auburn then relationships with coaches only get you so far.  These kids at 18 want to play in the NFL. Period.  They want to be a high draft pick and make tons of money.  What kid wouldn't.  Whether it is recruiting against Clemson for a 5* WR or against UGA and Bama for a top LB, Auburn is drawing the short straw on the ability to show a kid he will be a high draft pick and make lots of money.  Thats what a kid wants to hear.  And across the board at all positions except OL ALL OF OUR RIVALS can show any kid that we just can't get it done.  It is soooooo easy to negatively recruit against Auburn.

This, to me, is why we must start winning some wars for top 100 players.  Yes the NFL is full of players that were not top 100 but the top 100 make it at a much better rate than a top 250-300 player.  If you are a race car driver do you want to start from scratch with a Corvette or do you want to start with a Lumina?  Without tons of work and LUCK, the Vette is winning most of the races.

As someone stated earlier Auburn must consistently start winning 10 games a year. 10 years ago Clemson is in no better of a recruiting situation than we are.  Sister school to Auburn.  Auburn with a lake.  Not a state school.  How did they do it?  Clemson can show any DL what they can mold them into.  For every kid Auburn has success with on the DL in the past 5 years Clemson can show you twice as many.  If you are a top WR are you believing Clemson can get you to achieve your goals or Auburn.

My first car was a 93 Lumina. Would that be a Marcellus Mostella?

12 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Don't forget, Auburn invented the "wow" recruiting trip, but every time we rolled out something new, the NCAA made a rule against it.

I wonder if Saban's fishing trips with the director may have influenced that. Just like they changed the onside kick rule when Wes B. was perfecting it. Just like the no huddle substitution rule.

6 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I wonder if Saban's fishing trips with the director may have influenced that. Just like they changed the onside kick rule when Wes B. was perfecting it. Just like the no huddle substitution rule.

You may be on to something. It would be a lot of fun if the NCAA ever got investigated for racketeering (which I know is a stretch, but the do rig the system in favor of certain schools).

12 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Hmm.. Didn't know about that...Seems very convenient.

9 hours ago, tigeraddikt said:

My first car was a 93 Lumina. Would that be a Marcellus Mostella?

No sir.  Mostella would have garnered a nicer ride lol

13 hours ago, ellitor said:

1. It has. Look at how much better our LBs have played since T-Will became the LB coach. Best play we've had since the mid 2000s. Also Tre Williams had a good week at the SR Bowl.

2. You're asking a lot. I think Miami is the only school to have ever done that, maybe Bama.

I'm just looking at our rivals.  Since 2010 UGA has had 39 players drafted to the NFL.   Since 2010 Bama has had 61 players drafted to the NFL . Auburn has had 24.  We all hope it happens in time, myself included. 

34 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

I'm just looking at our rivals.  Since 2010 UGA has had 39 players drafted to the NFL.   Since 2010 Bama has had 61 players drafted to the NFL . Auburn has had 24.  We all hope it happens in time, myself included. 

Yeah but at least 1 from every position grouping in the 1st 2 rounds is still asking quite a lot for any school.

12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yeah but at least 1 from every position grouping in the 1st 2 rounds is still asking quite a lot for any school.

Possibly for the 2nd round.  I would take 1 player from each position group just getting drafted every 4 years.

12 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

Possibly for the 2nd round.  I would take 1 player from each position group just getting drafted every 4 years.

Now that has been done some.

I was checking this thread to see if there were any updates on Walker. I thought I was reading the wrong thread. It really has gotten off topic. )

3 minutes ago, Samau said:

I was checking this thread to see if there were any updates on Walker. I thought I was reading the wrong thread. It really has gotten off topic. )

There won't be any updates on any of the OVs til this afternoon or tomorrow.

Ok it's late "tomorrow". Things look the same as they did before this weekend, except Alaimo went adios. Surprised at least one visitor didn't pull the trigger this weekend.

On 1/29/2018 at 8:07 PM, aucanucktiger said:

Ok it's late "tomorrow". Things look the same as they did before this weekend, except Alaimo went adios. Surprised at least one visitor didn't pull the trigger this weekend.

Nobody was expected to pull the trigger this past weekend. We likely aren'y getting Ross & Quay plus Tannor is the only other uncommitted visitor who AU would take right now and that OV was used just to get AU back in the thick of his recruitment.

On 1/29/2018 at 6:17 PM, ellitor said:

Nobody was expected to pull the trigger this past weekend. We likely aren'y getting Ross & Quay plus Tannor is the only other committed visitor who AU would take right now and that OV was used just to get AU back in the thick of his recruitment.

I thought Tannor  had swung our way. I guess I was wrong. Sure isn't the first time. 

1 hour ago, milehighfan said:

I thought Tannor  had swung our way. I guess I was wrong. Sure isn't the first time. 

He did but we went into the weekend behind.

We may still be behind on Tannor but if we are there are going to be alot of people who follow and do cb's who are going to be fooled. They are all saying AU right now.

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 11:45 AM, Samau said:

BUMP,looks like there is still no news on Walker.

58 minutes ago, auol72 said:

We may still be behind on Tannor but if we are there are going to be alot of people who follow and do cb's who are going to be fooled. They are all saying AU right now.

FWIW. We likely are not behind right now. I was just replying to those expecting Tannor to commit on his AU OV exit interview. It seemed unrealistic to expect given we went into the weekend behind UF & Nebraska and had not talked to Tannor from the time he committed to UGA over the Summer til about 2 weeks go.

Archived